Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall away

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
so how is that different from the one we have then ???

Ok, here's a not too far-fetched scenario for you.

A STH who has only been able to attend say 2 or 3 homes so far this season for whatever reason.
But, they have managed to attend just 1 more away game than we have (we payed on the gate at Wigan so that wasn't recorded) would be entitled to apply for Millwall tickets.

That's a total match attendance of about 8 compared to ours which would be more than double that.

Yeah great loyalty system.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I suppose, given that the club has postcode data for people it sells tickets to, that it would be possible to have a loyalty points system weighted by distance travelled to the ground (home and away), so you'd get more points for home matches as a Manchester-based STH than would a Brighton-based one (although correspondingly fewer for attending away matches in Lancashire).
I could see some fairness in that, as long as the weighting system was clearly understood in advance. I do, however, doubt the ability of the club's box office folk to write the algorithms necessary to make it work.
Half the reason I live in Brighton is to be close to the club, surely that makes me more loyal, not less.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Half the reason I live in Brighton is to be close to the club, surely that makes me more loyal, not less.

I don't about more loyal, certainly more sensible.

If we could both find good jobs at the same time in Brighton, we'd be home like a shot.

Will happen one day.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Got mine; love the London away games. Few pints at London Bridge before and after.

(Palace doesn't count as they are in Surrey)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

A STH who has only been able to attend say 2 or 3 homes so far this season for whatever reason.
But, they have managed to attend just 1 more away game than we have (we payed on the gate at Wigan so that wasn't recorded) would be entitled to apply for Millwall tickets.

That's a total match attendance of about 8 compared to ours which would be more than double that.

There will always be borderline cases. Given that you know about the loyalty points system, surely it always makes sense to buy through the club rather than on the gate?
And yes it's true that there are always STH seats empty, but I doubt there are many STHs who bother to cough up £500 and only show up 2-3 times in half a season. If there are, they've either got a good reason (ill health, for example) in which case I don't begrudge them the loyalty points, or more money than sense (in which case I doubt they are using the loyalty points for away matches if they can't be bothered to go to the home matches).

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
There will always be borderline cases. Given that you know about the loyalty points system, surely it always makes sense to buy through the club rather than on the gate?
And yes it's true that there are always STH seats empty, but I doubt there are many STHs who bother to cough up £500 and only show up 2-3 times in half a season. If there are, they've either got a good reason (ill health, for example) in which case I don't begrudge them the loyalty points, or more money than sense (in which case I doubt they are using the loyalty points for away matches if they can't be bothered to go to the home matches).

Don't get me wrong, I know it's unlikely, but it should'nt be able to happen at all, and could easily be avoided.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Don't get me wrong, I know it's unlikely, but it should'nt be able to happen at all, and could easily be avoided.

But do you really think that these people (if they actually exist) are the people ahead of you with more points and buying away tickets for Millwall before you are able to? I don't believe they are, in which case it seems like a bit of a non problem.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
That is quite far-fetched, because I would question the sanity of someone who has paid £500-£700 for a season ticket and only attended two out of 13 home matches.

Where do you sit at The Amex, Tony? If you sit in one of the more expensive parts of the stadium, maybe you might want to consider lobbying for more loyalty points than those in the cheap seats behind the goal? After all, this puts money into the club so is more relevant than how long it took you to get there.

Clearly people would try to get there if they have a ST! But if somebody can have less loyalty points for a total attendance that is higher than somebody else's then the system is flawed.

Family E1A by the way - not the cheapest :)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
But do you really think that these people (if they actually exist) are the people ahead of you with more points and buying away tickets for Millwall before you are able to? I don't believe they are, in which case it seems like a bit of a non problem.

Er, no I don't to be fair :)

Shouldn't be possible IMO though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Er, no I don't to be fair :)

Shouldn't be possible IMO though.

So the club should build in a provision to ensure that people who basically don't exist are not hypothetically able to buy tickets that you don't want, before you.

Does that sum it up ?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Perfectly worded, I'll email that to PB straight away, that should mess his day up :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I have a tesco loyalty credit card and purchase all my food on this card so I get loyalty points, if I choose to donate all that food to the homeless or just throw it all in the bin does that mean I'm not entitled to those points. I could have used my Tesco card in the motorway services on the way to Port Vale but I didn't I paid in cash does that mean I should still get the points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here