Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall away

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We took 2,468 to Millwall in September last season. The bottom tier was used. I should know, I was in it. I'd be shocked if we don't at least match that figure this season, bearing in mind the fixture comes much later in the season and the following away matches are Bolton, Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley, making Millwall the last easy-to-reach match for some time and a must for all those who do away games but draw the line at venturing too far north.

Bolton, Wednesday and Barnsley are, ironically, where I will notch up some much needed points :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ha ha, I wish.

Train, hotel and beer, plus pies of course - for 2 and a half people.

Why should the club prioritise because you live further away? There are loads of people who make 500 mile round trip and associated costs for home games who don't expect special treatment - I'm one of them.

True, but Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. hopefully in the near future could see us sell out regularly.

And if that happens, priority should be given to people who've not only held a STH but also travelled to Burnley and Sheffield on a Tuesday night the previous year.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Why should the club prioritise because you live further away? There are loads of people who make 500 mile round trip and associated costs for home games who don't expect special treatment - I'm one of them.

And if that happens, priority should be given to people who've not only held a STH but also travelled to Burnley and Sheffield on a Tuesday night the previous year.

Why?
Did they come to the Amex the previous Saturday to lend support?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry to be a lazy arse , but i have 1160 points...when does the threshold go down to that level please?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why?
Did they come to the Amex the previous Saturday to lend support?

I expect so if they have a season ticket.

Anyway, complaining about it on NSC is futile; we don't have a direct say in the running of the club. Your best bet is to email Paul Barber; he's really good at giving a prompt reply. Make sure you put that you're not actually loyal enough to travel to the Millwall game, but that you want the loyalty scheme to be tailored so that you could have the option of buying a ticket if you were. Then cut + paste his reply on here.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I think this system is better than the Withdean ones. I have enough points now to pretty much not go to another away game this season and still get tickets for every away game I want to attend. Seems good to me.

The one thing I would like the club to introduce, which you get on Englandfans, is a table showing the points and the number that have those points. Would make it easier for games like this, so those that need their chip varnished, can check said table to make sure they will get a ticket.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can somebody tell me any game which has sold out this season before non-sth's got the chance to buy a ticket - bet you can't so stop moaning - anybody who wants to go to Millwall will get the chance to purchase a ticket

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
diggingahole.jpg

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This thread is really pointless, Tony W does not want to listen to reason, everyone else agrees that the system is fair. The only spanner in the works is a family of Brighton fans in Scotland who have more points that Tony W, apparently.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread is really pointless, the OP does not want to listen to reason, everyone else agrees that the system is fair. The only spanner in the works is a family of Brighton fans in Scotland who have more points that Tony W, apparently.

This thread is a very fine example of the very reason NSC exists :)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

I suppose, given that the club has postcode data for people it sells tickets to, that it would be possible to have a loyalty points system weighted by distance travelled to the ground (home and away), so you'd get more points for home matches as a Manchester-based STH than would a Brighton-based one (although correspondingly fewer for attending away matches in Lancashire).
I could see some fairness in that, as long as the weighting system was clearly understood in advance. I do, however, doubt the ability of the club's box office folk to write the algorithms necessary to make it work.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
This thread is really pointless, the OP does not want to listen to reason, everyone else agrees that the system is fair. The only spanner in the works is a family of Brighton fans in Scotland who have more points that Tony W, apparently.

I thought the OP just wanted to know whether tickets were on sale today!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suppose, given that the club has postcode data for people it sells tickets to, that it would be possible to have a loyalty points system weighted by distance travelled to the ground (home and away), so you'd get more points for home matches as a Manchester-based STH than would a Brighton-based one (although correspondingly fewer for attending away matches in Lancashire).

Could we also add points for singing loudly and wearing scarves/bobble hats, while deducting points for FFSing our own players

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I thought the OP just wanted to know whether tickets were on sale today!

Sorry, you are correct. I got confused by Tony W's monopolisation of the thread. Will edit post.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I could see some fairness in that, as long as the weighting system was clearly understood in advance. I do, however, doubt the ability of the club's box office folk to write the algorithms necessary to make it work.

Not sure if serious?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here