Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall away

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Waste of time having points for Millwall. We will never sell out. Everyone who wants to go will get a ticket

You say that, but didn't we get their lower tier last season? Hardly any team gets given that number of tix.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Under the current system Some fans could buy Millwall tickets having hardly been to the Amex.

We travel 550 miles round trip to virtually every home Saturday game, evening games in school holidays, several away games, and all 3 of us spend plenty of eCash at the ground and the shop.

And we wouldn't be able to buy Millwall tickets if those "most loyal" supporters that attend a few away games here and there got in first.

Shit system.

Absolute rubbish. To have that many points, you'd have needed to have been a STH, possibly at Withdean, and do loads of away games. Hardly any points carry over, so you'd need to have built up a fair old war chest. I know this because I've done it.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Cannot see us selling out Millwall. I cannnot remember the last time I went when the lower tier was used, let alone sold out.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm not saying the loyalty system doesn't have it's floors but what's the point in having it if it was never used?

Lots of clubs don't use a two layered system of points and STH though.
STH get first choice, regardless of away matches attended.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Absolute rubbish. To have that many points, you'd have needed to have been a STH, possibly at Withdean, and do loads of away games. Hardly any points carry over, so you'd need to have built up a fair old war chest. I know this because I've done it.

Then maybe there's a glitch somewhere, as 2 of my friends moved to Scotland early in the year, and they didn't renew.
They do however have enough points for Millwall, how can that be right?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

All those with 1210 points will be STHs

And I still don't get why you're so angry about not being able to get a ticket for a game you don't want to go to.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Under the current system Some fans could buy Millwall tickets having hardly been to the Amex.

We travel 550 miles round trip to virtually every home Saturday game, evening games in school holidays, several away games, and all 3 of us spend plenty of eCash at the ground and the shop.

And we wouldn't be able to buy Millwall tickets if those "most loyal" supporters that attend a few away games here and there got in first.

Shit system.

I think it's a fantastic system, though it'll never be perfect. You're clearly a new season ticket holder otherwise you would have enough points. If you renew next season, you'll have enough points next season. It doesn't matter anyway as there will be plenty of tickets remaining after the first tranche. Why should someone who's got their first season ticket this year have priority over someone who had one last year as well?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Most clubs don't have 24K season ticket holders. Why should someone with a ST who rarely goes to away games get the same priority as someone who has a ST and goes to every away game?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yes, those clubs probably have about 5,000 STHs if they're lucky, meaning they can pretty much guarantee all of them will get a ticket for any away match they want to go to.

We, on the other hand, have 24,000 STHs, meaning further levels of loyalty are required. If we simply allowed all STHs to be of equal priority, you could feasibly have 10,000 people wanting tickets for a match at Palace and absolutely no way to work out who should get them.

Yes but the fatal flaw is, I could buy tickets to every away game, flog them on NSC, attend no matches and have all the points I need.
So that makes it worthless anyway.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I think it's a fantastic system, though it'll never be perfect. You're clearly a new season ticket holder otherwise you would have enough points. If you renew next season, you'll have enough points next season. It doesn't matter anyway as there will be plenty of tickets remaining after the first tranche.

Nope not the case, if you had a season ticket last season as well as this season and havent travelled away much you will not have enough points to buy today.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Nope not the case, if you had a season ticket last season as well as this season and havent travelled away much you will not have enough points to buy today.

I'm biased anyway as every home game is like an away game to me in terms of travel, but I don't like the loyalty scheme.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I'm struggling to see the problem with this system.

I have 1165 points, and I hope that I'll still be able to get a couple of Millwall tickets later this week when the threshold falls. If I can't get them, because they've managed to sell them all to people with 1210 or more points, I won't have a problem with that, because the system seems pretty fair and transparent to me -- you get a lot of points (1,000 if I remember correctly) from being a STH (plus you keep a % of your points over the 1,000 level from last season -- 50%?), and then you can top this up by attending away and cup matches. Anyone who's got 1210 points by this point in the season, has either got a lot of points carried over from previous seasons or has been to a fair few away matches already this season, including some a distance away. If there's a shortage of tickets for Millwall, I think it's entirely fair that they would get priority over me, and entirely fair that I would get priority in turn over someone with fewer than 1100 points.

The general principle -- if there's a shortage of something (tickets) you ration it, is hardly revolutionary. The alternative methods for rationing that I can think of are:
1) first come, first served (that would be a real nightmare, like getting tickets for Glastonbury, would lead to a real binfest on here, and I'm glad the club doesn't do it).
2) ration by price -- i.e. charge a premium on the basic ticket price for popular away games (I suspect this isn't permitted under FA rules or something, but even if it were, it would be highly unfair, and would always give an advantage to fans with deeper pockets).

So, rationing by a loyalty scheme seems very sensible and pretty fair all round.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Fair enough. I have 1,300 points so assumed some of those were carried over from my season ticket. I've only been to a couple of aways this season and bought one of those tickets off someone else. I guess I went to a fair few away matches last season and still have some residual Withdean points.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I'm struggling to see the problem with this system.

I have 1165 points, and I hope that I'll still be able to get a couple of Millwall tickets later this week when the threshold falls. If I can't get them, because they've managed to sell them all to people with 1210 or more points, I won't have a problem with that, because the system seems pretty fair and transparent to me -- you get a lot of points (1,000 if I remember correctly) from being a STH (plus you keep a % of your points over the 1,000 level from last season -- 50%?), and then you can top this up by attending away and cup matches. Anyone who's got 1210 points by this point in the season, has either got a lot of points carried over from previous seasons or has been to a fair few away matches already this season, including some a distance away. If there's a shortage of tickets for Millwall, I think it's entirely fair that they would get priority over me, and entirely fair that I would get priority in turn over someone with fewer than 1100 points.

The general principle -- if there's a shortage of something (tickets) you ration it, is hardly revolutionary. The alternative methods for rationing that I can think of are:
1) first come, first served (that would be a real nightmare, like getting tickets for Glastonbury, would lead to a real binfest on here, and I'm glad the club doesn't do it).
2) ration by price -- i.e. charge a premium on the basic ticket price for popular away games (I suspect this isn't permitted under FA rules or something, but even if it were, it would be highly unfair, and would always give an advantage to fans with deeper pockets).

So, rationing by a loyalty scheme seems very sensible and pretty fair all round.

Ok so carrying points over becomes the problem.
You could attend no home games, have no season ticket, and yet still outrank a STH for this season - senseless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here