Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conway Will Join This Week......or not

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
This point was made earlier, but Radio 5 are reporting that three players including Zaha are having medicals at Cardiff today, which seems to increase the likelihood of this move.

But Zaha will fail the medical when it comes to the reflex test. He'll go down and roll a few times on the floor.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why do we have to wait for the Watford game for him. Why cant he sign a 7 day loan tomorrow then fly to Manchester and be available for Burnley. We know what he can do, he knows what we will offer and if not his agent will do the negotiating and the clearance by FAW shouldnt take long as they have done it recently for him. I think that he needs to be signed on loan by 4.00pm Tuesday to be eligible to play.[/QUOTE

You been on the p##s all day ?
Great grammar and spelling in that post !!
Sorry still getting used to using a tablet rather than a lap top or pc with a key board. I usually just post it and then edit the mistakes but as I rushed that my wife dished up my roast lamb dinner and I didnt have time for the edit. Is my apology accepted? If so do you have a view on my question?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cardiff paying Manu £1.5 for his services and all his wages to secure Zaha
Er, what? They're paying his wages, and on top of that, they're paying £1.5m? I doubt that very much.

Football fans are some of the most fickle people going.
That's a nice way of putting it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Er, what? They're paying his wages, and on top of that, they're paying £1.5m? I doubt that very much.

I believe loan fees are becoming more common. I don't know if they're paying £1.5m, but paying something on top of wages isn't actually so unlikely these days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe loan fees are becoming more common.
For a player that's got no chance of getting anywhere near Utd's first team, I'm not so sure. He's already on a big wage, so they'll do well just to cover that, and £1.5m, for loan of that quality (no offence) would be ridiculous. If it were true, Utd would only need to loan him out a few times, and they've recovered his huge fee - don't think it's that easy.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm wishfully :) suspecting this might in fact be genuine good news. Have been curious as to why the Conway issue has gone mute, considering all the positive statements when his loan deal expired. Will he bring Mason with him ? To much go hope for. Think we'd unload Buckley if this goes through. We really can't have an extended sick list if we are going to make the playoffs as much as I love his game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Get Conway and Mason? Who next, Marlowe, Machin and Walker?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Would be great to get Conway back. Thought he was superb at the end of his loan spell. Hope it goes through and we get a couple of others this week as well.

Conway and Trotter would sort the midfield, along with Burke if we lose Buckley.

Although we still could do with another striker I reckon, and perhaps a defender as well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely a Hull-licks?

DanielT

your avatar reminded me of this...

42820132357115.png

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

The media not limited to the mail are saying this re Zaha

Now, the Daily Mail reports that he is undergoing a medical and should complete his move before the end of the day, with Cardiff paying all of his wages and £1.5 million for his services for the remainder of the season. Zaha will, however, be ineligible for Tuesday's Premier League encounter between the two clubs due to Premier League rules preventing a loaned player facing his parent club.
Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/277325.html#0QqfBMSykUoxC15F.99"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here