Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Talking to someone from the club who was saying we are finding it very difficult to get the RIGHT sort of players in and he thinks that a club is going to challenge FFP in the courts! He was saying that some clubs are filling their squads just in case FFP comes into being with the chance that if they face transfer embargoes they have the players already in. It is a huge gamble and only really teams who have pots of money can do it!

I think it will be forest who will challenge it!

How depressing.

Perhaps we should be less willing to sell players, if that is our experience with bringing them in.

Time to pull up the drawbridge and not let any others leave until we actually get some in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If he is out of contract in the summer, the £750k we got for Barnes might well be enough. Would be money well spent IMO.

Yes. I like Trotter, if he is lazy, then its up to Oscar and Jones to sort it out. Always been quite impressed with him, good physical presence with ability as well.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've been talking to a Millwall fan who despite saying he doesn't want him to leave conceded he drifts in and out of games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Talking to someone from the club who was saying we are finding it very difficult to get the RIGHT sort of players in and he thinks that a club is going to challenge FFP in the courts! He was saying that some clubs are filling their squads just in case FFP comes into being with the chance that if they face transfer embargoes they have the players already in. It is a huge gamble and only really teams who have pots of money can do it!u
I think it will be forest who will challenge it!

I have been saying on here for ages that a transfer embargo will not work simply for that reason clubs will sign players to both get them promoted and to keep them in The premier for a couple of seasons or get them promoted next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How depressing.

Perhaps we should be less willing to sell players, if that is our experience with bringing them in.

Time to pull up the drawbridge and not let any others leave until we actually get some in.

Why? The players we have sold are squad players not first choice and not likely to be accept in an emergency and with the money raised we may be able to sign better players

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why? The players we have sold are squad players not first choice and not likely to be accept in an emergency and with the money raised we may be able to sign better players

The post was a response to the fact that we are struggling to get players in.

I accept that there may be an element of chinese whispers, and it's maybe not the full picture, but, nevertheless, how is that not depressing?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove

This! El Abd and Barnes punching above their weight in the Championship! We are slowly clearing out in prep for the big step.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How depressing.

The post was a response to the fact that we are struggling to get players in.

I accept that there may be an element of chinese whispers, and it's maybe not the full picture, but, nevertheless, how is that not depressing?

My response was to your view that we should stop selling fringe players

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Anyway don't get you heart set on him, footballs mainly follow money now days!, Anyhing could happen!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My response was to your view that we should stop selling fringe players

Oh I see what you mean. Fair enough selling fringe players, but the main point is that if we are having this difficulty getting players in, then under no circumstances should we start selling our key ones.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This! El Abd and Barnes punching above their weight in the Championship! We are slowly clearing out in prep for the big step.

Barnes was hardly a fringe player or punching above his weight
top scorer two seasons and also hardly clearing out .......he obviously wanted to go
and if he ever got a sniff of this forum who would blame him
El Abd wanted first team and at his age who could blame him for that
I watched Grabban yesterday and that would have been a waste of 1.1m
not one shot on target and after watching the Albion game against Arsenal on player yesterday I would have rather paid Barnes more and kept him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here