Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV FA Cup coverage

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
They are not even in the cup. Bloody shambles.

The club Mata is leaving are, however, and they are broadcasting their match tomorrow. Hence it was a relevant topic for them to discuss, albeit given how cramped for time they are because of the ad breaks, I'd say they could get by without any studio analysis and instead just have the presenter doing his link recorded from one of the matches.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Makes you really appreciate the quality of the Beeb's coverage. I'd rather listen to 5Live than watch the crummy adverts channel.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Less they show may help us in the long run the other teams won't take much notice of us and won't notice us coming up on the blind side. !!! Let's hope we get a good draw tomorrow. Well done to all those fans who traveled to Vale.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Ohhhh shocking. Albion vs a lower division team where us, the favourites, won & got less than a minute coverage. So what was you expecting?

Albion v Charlton will probably get an extra 15 seconds you know

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not everyone was in for a 12:45 kick off. I was about to catch a train to go a match at that time. Did you think it would just get 30 seconds of footnote coverage at the end of the programme? A lot of people watching will have been interested in the match.

As for Southend-Hull being 1 of the ties of the round, you know it's a pig of a 4th round draw if the press are talking up Phil Brown facing his old club as one of its highlights. Like anyone is remotely interested in Phil Brown! Hull's reserves winning comfortably away to a plucky League Two side wouldn't have been that appealing to the broadcasters and the advertisers, who ultimately, like it or lump it, are a commercial TV station's paymasters. Next season the BBC will get the coverage back and it will be much better, although I expect there will still be the same gripes about the wrong matches being prioritised and there being too much airtime devoted to waffle from the pundits.

I watched the Bournemouth Liverpool game at lunchtime, the highlights they showed tonight were in no way a representation of the game.

They began their highlights with Liverpool scoring, this was totally against the run of play, the itv coverage tonight didn't portray this at all.

Very poor

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
ITV do love to do things on the cheap.

To be fair, the only reason why I am watching tonight is to see our goals. I cannot bring myself to watch it on any other time. It is a terrible station.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Utter crap. ITV must be devastated there was no 'glamour tie' between two of the Premier League big guns to show tomorrow on their prime live slot. The only upside of the coverage tonight - No Roy Keane.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
The club Mata is leaving are, however, and they are broadcasting their match tomorrow. Hence it was a relevant topic for them to discuss, albeit given how cramped for time they are because of the ad breaks, I'd say they could get by without any studio analysis and instead just have the presenter doing his link recorded from one of the matches.

They spent most the time talking about Man Utd rather than Chelsea tomorrow. The ramblings had no relevance for tomorrow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The adverts are intolerable.
Thankfully I recorded it. I was watching Les Miserables, which finished half an hour into ITV's highlights, so I could fast-forward the "analysis" and the endless ads. Worked for me.

I cried a bit at the end (of Les Mis), although I think if I'd had to watch Strachan and that presenter bloke who's name escapes me, it may have had a similar effect.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They spent most the time talking about Man Utd rather than Chelsea tomorrow. The ramblings had no relevance for tomorrow.

Not only that, but they bizarrely showed Moyes in the stands at Bolton v Cardiff in their teaser for the game before the ad break (as well, of course, as showing him again during the match highlights rather than showing more of the action). And if you are football fan you'd have had to have been on Mars or somewhere not to know that Mata has signed for Man Utd. Why mention it at all in a programme about the FA Cup, a competition which they have been eliminated from?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Quite obviously I wanted to see more of the Albion game but thanks to the bloody adverts, every game is condensed down to virtually nothing. I actually wanted to see more of the city vs Watford game.
Thank feck the F.A cup goals are on B.B.C next season

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Dear reed.co.uk,

I recently viewed your television advert with enthralled enthusiasm as I, too, would like to become an Electro Funk DJ, as shown in your advertisement.

Please post me all of the available Electro Funk DJ posts in the West Sussex area as I feel I would make an excellent candidate, with a lot of personal experience to offer.

Failing that, I would also like to apply to become a professional fat, comedic diver.

Such a moronic advert. They must really want to attract imbeciles to join their stupid agency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here