Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV FA Cup coverage

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
ITV is terrible. Adverts every 10 minutes.

Why are they showing extended highlights of the Liverpool game? it was on live earlier.

Cant the BBC have it back?

Please, take football away from ITV.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
How long will we geta?

45 seconds coverage? ITV spent more time interviewing Sturridge and that Uruayguan cheat and kissing his a**e.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
ITV is terrible. Adverts every 10 minutes.

Why are they showing extended highlights of the Liverpool game? it was on live earlier.

Cant the BBC have it back?

Please, take football away from ITV.

Why did they have the BT Sport commentary on the Everton game? Bit noddy, isn't it?

Because...

It's expensive to get/send out the equipment and production staff needed to adequately provide extended highlights for a game, so these highlights shows tend to use the footage and man power of televised games for the extended highlights, and the basics for the rest of the matches. It's the same for the football league show on the BBC.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton

Not everyone was in for a 12:45 kick off. I was about to catch a train to go a match at that time. Did you think it would just get 30 seconds of footnote coverage at the end of the programme? A lot of people watching will have been interested in the match.

As for Southend-Hull being 1 of the ties of the round, you know it's a pig of a 4th round draw if the press are talking up Phil Brown facing his old club as one of its highlights. Like anyone is remotely interested in Phil Brown! Hull's reserves winning comfortably away to a plucky League Two side wouldn't have been that appealing to the broadcasters and the advertisers, who ultimately, like it or lump it, are a commercial TV station's paymasters. Next season the BBC will get the coverage back and it will be much better, although I expect there will still be the same gripes about the wrong matches being prioritised and there being too much airtime devoted to waffle from the pundits.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Not everyone was in for a 12:45 kick off. Did you think it would just get 30 seconds of footnote coverage at the end of the programme? A lot of people watching will have been interested in the match.

As for Southend-Hull being 1 of the ties of the round, you know it's a pig of a 4th round draw if the press are talking up Phil Brown facing his old club as one of its highlights. Like anyone is remotely interested in Phil Brown! Hull's reserves winning comfortably away to a plucky League Two side wouldn't have been that appealing to the broadcasters and the advertisers, who ultimately, like it or lump it, are a commercial TV station's paymasters.

They could have recorded it?

But your right. Profits must come first, money is so important. Forget the magic of the cup. Money must come first.

Would add, I have no interest in any of the games shown live. As a neutral I would much rather watch a lower league or non league team.

I wont be watching Chelsea v Stoke. I would sooner be asleep.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Dear reed.co.uk,

I recently viewed your television advert with enthralled enthusiasm as I, too, would like to become an Electro Funk DJ, as shown in your advertisement.

Please post me all of the available Electro Funk DJ posts in the West Sussex area as I feel I would make an excellent candidate, with a lot of personal experience to offer.

Failing that, I would also like to apply to become a professional fat, comedic diver.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
This programme has been put together with the attitude because they have to. Quite clearly they don't want to do it, it's because they are contracted to. Bit like somebody working out their last days in a job after being made redundant

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Highlights of Bolton Cardiff. Two exciting teams. I am creaming my pants in awe of watching such a stunning tie.

I will need more adverts for crap products and wisdom from ITV experts to calm me down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here