Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trouble at t'Palace

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently it's all made up lies as there is a conspiracy amongst the press in order to destabilise the club.:D
That's even better. If the press have it in for them too, they're in real trouble.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Anything but a win against Hull at home on Tuesday and I think the BBS will go into meltdown.
Especially if they have still not been able to sign anyone in time for the game.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If the stories are true that Parrish wouldn't sanction the signings of Crouch and Etherington, then I'm glad.
Two players over 30, on 3 year contracts of £40/50 k a week, with no sell on value ?
Administration for the third time ? No thank you.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
How can Pulis claim to be "surprised" that there's a relegation clause capping wages at 15 grand a week? Also, did he seriously expect Prince Valiant would act as a proper professional chief exec? Hasn't he seen the mans HAIR.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't Holloway cast aspersions to Parish meddling in team matters about a week ago. What it is about Palace and their directors that make them think they can manage? Ron Noades even went the whole hog at Brentford too. It's all a bit Micky Mouse.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If the stories are true that Parrish wouldn't sanction the signings of Crouch and Etherington, then I'm glad.
Two players over 30, on 3 year contracts of £40/50 k a week, with no sell on value ?

We'll be seeing you again next season then. Well, unless we sneak up via the Play Offs of course... :wave:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
How can Pulis claim to be "surprised" that there's a relegation clause capping wages at 15 grand a week? Also, did he seriously expect Prince Valiant would act as a proper professional chief exec? Hasn't he seen the mans HAIR.

IF Parrish has a relegation clause cap of £15 k week,even better news.
Don't want to be a Blackburn paying £40 k's to players

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would have thought it was pretty sensible to cap players wages in the event or relegation. Palace seem to be a club being sensibly run these days.

Last edited:

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Would appear to be a difference of opinion with Pulis looking at the short-term with 30 somethings signings, where as Parrish does not want to be lumbered with the deadwood when they get relegated (which is the sensible policy to be fair).

Interesting to see how this pans out. Will Pulis go now or in May?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

agree in principle, but thats the price of staying in the Premiership. paying 40k is hard to take if you go down, but then that is the whole point of parachute payments. what this tells you is Parish is planning for relegation and wants to spend the money elsewhere, i.e. fix the stadium. some on that board need to start to understand this.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
agree in principle, but thats the price of staying in the Premiership. paying 40k is hard to take if you go down, but then that is the whole point of parachute payments. what this tells you is Parish is planning for relegation and wants to spend the money elsewhere, i.e. fix the stadium. some on that board need to start to understand this.

Or it is going to be used to pay the wages of all the players that were signed during the summer should they be unable to sell them, can't be much left i'd have thought.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Well I have to say, that if this was us, I would agree with the chairman. They already have the largest squad in the league - it is not as if people are queuing up to buy any of them, so getting stuck with more 30 somethings on big wages is going to be a major headache. If Pulis is any sort of decent manager, he should be able to mould a team from the squad he already has. Signing Crouch is just his way of saying I dunno what I am doing so lets just lump it up to the big fella up front. Plus, it suggests to me that Wurzel spent a lot more during the summer than some people think.

Anyway, it's Palace, so when push comes to shove, we don't care.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Haven't palace got the biggest squad in the premiership?

Why get rid of some in order to free up money for crouch and etherington, two signings which could help them stay up ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Yes that. Besides he may get them on loan anyway!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Haven't palace got the biggest squad in the premiership?

Why get rid of some in order to free up money for crouch and etherington, two signings which could help them stay up ?

Clearly no one wants to buy their deadwood.

I expect a couple to go to Holloway at Millwall on loan, but most to be sat there, out of the 25 man squad, hoovering up the wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here