Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Port Vale player ratings

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brez -5 tough conditions for keepers but reminded me of our last visit to Stoke in the cup
Calde -6 did well all round. Being skipper suits him
Dunk -5 some good moments coming forward out of defence but still prone to losing his position in the box. Better footballer than elAbd but less nouse.
Upson -7 just about MOM for me for his organisation and calm control
Chick -6 got a little lost positionally dealing with their fullback but reasonably solid. Happy to have him play stand in for Ward.
Ince -6 when he takes the next step forward in his confidence he will become a real player. For now a real handful.
Agustein -6 involved in most of our good bits but infuriatingly inconsistent. One good shot hit the post just before he qas pulled off
JFC -5 plays half of every game and does well but goes missing for the othwr half. It will come with time though.
Orlandi -6 class player and ahead of the rest in his thinking. Not the conditions for him coming back from injury and not able to impose himself as you would hope he might.
Obika -5 isolated but took his goal really well just after missing a good chance. Good attitude.
March -6 did well. Was his goal a fluke? Didnt cover back very well or at least very consistently.
Subs:
Andrews -6 fresh legs helped stop them pushing forward too freely
Kaz -6 made an immediate difference - first time all game thwir defence looked completely at sea

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The way football is played these days one needs to accept that often the one up front is going to have a hard time. The fact that the guy kept going and scored is much to his credit. Port Vale are in the upper reaches of the First Division and it was a really good result for us today.

I do like the way that the youngsters seem to be developing under Oscar. This must be the way forward.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
[SUB][/SUB]Loft looked a good League one player and you could see why he is pretty much ever present for Vale since leaving us. Thought he was going to score with one shot just wide.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh good. I like to bide my time.... Did you prefer Richard Tiltman in his hay day up front then?

Always feel Tilts is given a rough ride by NSC. He didn't ask to replace Saunders or be plunged into a struggling Championship (as it is now) team. He wasn't great, but given he came from Worthing to this level, he actually did ok and scored at this level which is more than Paynter did during his stint with us.

As we went on our downward spiral we certainly had a number of worse players, especially in League 2. As for Obika, 3 seems harsh, but I didn't go.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Upson was fantastic today. My mom. March also very good. His dribble in the first half where he skinned four of them was sublime. Especially when the pitch condition was considered. The first 15 mins the pitch was very wet.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Massive hailstorm/rain left half the pitch a quagmire for the first half, but it had soaked in by the second half. We generally slide around more than they did in the first half, particularly those players who tried tight, fast turns as they received the ball to feet - unsurprising.

Brez -5 Could have done better for the goal, and was a bit flappy for 10 mins half way through the second half. His distribution is still much better than Koosh's has been this season, especially a quick throw out to pick out Kemy (?) on the half way line!
Calde -6 Decent game, but nothing spectacular.
Dunk -5 Had a good shot. Was generally quite good, but lost his man for their goal and was pretty reckless with some of his challenges.
Upson -8 Another really solid game. Controlled our defensive line (with Calde pushing on). MOTM.
Chick -7 Liked what I saw again. Was happy to push down our left, but twice got vertigo as the half way line neared when he could have pushed on more. Gave away a unnecessary corner for their goal, but probably didn't get the shout saying that their player wasn't that close to him, so made the right decision.
Ince -7 Did a lot that was really good (especially the goal!) and was v solid most of the time. Was a little ungainly occasionally and looked like he might leap into challenges, but somehow always managed not to!
Agustein -5 Pulled out of two 50/50 challenges. Didn't chase hard enough (at all?) for two balls I thought he could have got to. But - was creative, had a v good shot come off the post, and posed a real danger.
JFC -5 a little meh, tbh.
Orlandi -6 Did enough to justify his selection. Picked out some nice passes and was creative without showing real penetration.
Obika -5 Incredibly lucky to have remained on the pitch after what seemed to me to be a truly reckless lunge. Missed 1 gilt-edged chance and two/three half chances. Redeemed himself with a neat, but relatively easy take around their keeper and a side-foot into an empty net. Still, he scored, didn't he?! Would like to see more, but could be a deserved red card waiting to happen.
March -7 (6 if his goal was meant to be a cross!) Liked what I saw - industrious, but needs to learn how to defend as well as attack.
Subs:
Andrews -5 Fine, but his shot should have been on target.
Kaz -6 His usual (for Oscar) impact sub for 10 minutes. Scared them witless, but, due to the conditions, wasn't quite as dangerous as he often is. Please give him more than 10 minutes, Oscar!

Oscar - 8 (=MOTM), we qualified for the last 16 using lots of young un's and our three goals came from players scoring their first! Result.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Brez 6
Calde 7
Dunk 6
Upson 8
Chicksen 7
Ince 6
Agustien 8
JFC 6
March 9 - MOTM
Orlandi 7
Obika 6

Subs
Andrews 7
Lualua 6

Cambs Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
brez - 6 - punched well early on when conditions dictated, but didnt instill confidence
Calde- 6 - solid and good going forward
dunk - 6 - good going forward and took advantage of PV not pressurising our back 4. Lost his man for the goal. Needed the game.
Upson - 8 - class above. seem strange for a CB to be MOM in a 3 1 win, but provided a really solid base. good distribution
Chicken - 6 - needless corner given away led to their goal, but more than good enough backup to ward
Kemy - 5 - lacked pace in 1st half and it always seemed it came to him as we broke forward. looked better in 2nd half
Orlandi - 7 - creative, despite the conditions,, coming back to his best
JFC - 6 - so much better than last week, but is too easily shrugged off the ball
March - 7 - why didnt he play on the right last week - seemed so much more dangerous there. Cross or chip for the goal?
Ince - 8 - took his goal well , head and shoulders above anyone else in midfield
Obika - 6 - took the goal well, but had other chances. Lacked a good first touch,

Andrews -6 - comfortable and much better than last week
KLL - 5 - didnt make the difference he could and should have done

PV - worked hard, but lacked class and skill. Their no. 20 summed it up when he looked really pissed off when outclassed by KLL

away support 9 - load and proud - really good atmosphere today.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Brez - 5 As mentioned by others excellent distribution but flapped at a couple of crosses albeit in difficult conditions.
Calderon - 6 Decent game
Chicksen - 7 Looks an excellent player.
Dunk - 6 One day he will be a hell of a player but as expected for a youngster occasional lapses. Loved his driving runs particularly in the first half, he looked very classy and his distribution is superb for a defender.
Upson - 7 Another assured display.
Ince - 8 Stupid booking but otherwise excellent, scored one and an assist for the other. Loved his reaction to scoring.
Agustein - 6 Moments of sublime brilliance interspersed with lethargy. Needs to do a lot more to hold down a place.
Forster-Caskey - 8 MOTM Different class today, looked really up for it and tested the keeper on numerous occasions. Excellent dummy for the Obika chance.
Orlandi - 7 Like Forster-Caskey he was at the heart of everything positive for us today, really intelligent positions taken up between their back four and midfield to link up attacks.
March - 8 Hugged the right touch line to give us some width, equally impressive tracking back as going forward.
Obika - 5 He was playing more like Mr Majeika up to the goal. Good for him that he scored, but his performance up until then was truly awful and worrying if Ulloa was injured.

Subs
Andrews - 6 Decent as always
Lua Lua - 6 Not on for long but a couple of decent runs.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I didn't watch/listen to it, only had SSN, but if a player scores, they do not deserve a 3. Simple surely?

saintvaliant

Jun 4, 2009
I was impressed with Ince and Forster-Caskey in the middle.

Young lad who scored the flukey second also had a good game, but 100% a cross for his goal.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I was impressed with Ince and Forster-Caskey in the middle.

Young lad who scored the flukey second also had a good game, but 100% a cross for his goal.

March is a very decent prospect indeed.......been saying this for quite a while now.

Lets hope he gets given more starts as he's the best young talent we have IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunks defending for that goal was utterly shambolic. Not looking at the ball particularly or attacking it. Let their guy have a free header and he didn't even have to jump - Sunday league! Been shocking last few yrs. need another cb urgently!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Dunks defending for that goal was utterly shambolic. Not looking at the ball particularly or attacking it. Let their guy have a free header and he didn't even have to jump - Sunday league! Been shocking last few yrs. need another cb urgently!

I genuinely think Dunk is more of a midfielder than a CB. He plays the ball very well and can pick a pass. Unfortunately we have one of those already with Ince.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here