Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sea of Blue and White for the Doncaster game

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I did reply to the club's e-mail suggesting that it was a totally daft idea given the weather and said that although I would probably be wearing one of my replica shirts (and I did) that it would be buried deep down under a jumper, a hoodie, and a coat (and it was). I proposed that the end of the season was the best time to have an "event day" but that nice Mr Barber just wouldn't listen! I was expecting to have the blue & white flags out but even that was apparently too much to expect.

So what exactly did the club contribute to "blue & white day"? There was nothing at all different that I saw.

Another (very) damp squib. If we -must- have these special event days (and I'm not sure why football isn't sufficient for a football club), then the club needs to consult the fans and do something worthwhile. Expecting fans to turn up in shirt and pants in February with the worst weather in decades is just plain daft!

Agree that it was a stupid marketing idea for February. The only time you're going to get a "sea of blue and white" is from people wearing the shirts without coats on top which means Aug/Sep/Oct(maybe)/April(maybe)/May.

The Spanish theme day was an equally damp squib. The club's marketing people need to come up with some much better ideas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Agree that it was a stupid marketing idea for February. The only time you're going to get a "sea of blue and white" is from people wearing the shirts without coats on top which means Aug/Sep/Oct(maybe)/April(maybe)/May.

The Spanish theme day was an equally damp squib. The club's marketing people need to come up with some much better ideas.

The spanish day was great because we had Cruzcampo !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here