Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sea of Blue and White for the Doncaster game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why focus on replica shirts? They wanted a sea of blue and white, that doesn't mean it had to be repliuca tops, could be a blue jacket, a white shirt, a blue and white brolly, etc.

Admittedly it's harder to find an obviosly blue or white rain coat (outside the club shop, blue raincoats tend to be dark, navy blues), but it wasn't just about replica tops (though agree there did seem to be a sense of 'let's shift some shirt before next season's new kit' about it)

Reassuring to know that no one is saying there was a sea of blue and white and I somehow saw something different.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Why focus on replica shirts? They wanted a sea of blue and white, that doesn't mean it had to be repliuca tops, could be a blue jacket, a white shirt, a blue and white brolly, etc.

Admittedly it's harder to find an obviosly blue or white rain coat (outside the club shop, blue raincoats tend to be dark, navy blues), but it wasn't just about replica tops (though agree there did seem to be a sense of 'let's shift some shirt before next season's new kit' about it)

Reassuring to know that no one is saying there was a sea of blue and white and I somehow saw something different.

To be fair it was a marketing attempt to try and flog some old stock! I don't bother reading those poxy emails they send anyway!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
It was cold and wet and I just wore the warmest and most waterproof coat I could find.

Admittedly I had a scarf on but it was just blowing about in the wind so it ended up in my pocket.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So, did anyone see it as a sea of blue and white? I didn't.

Well the Lower East was a sea of blue, but that was just all the empty seats. Raincoat black was the predominant colour, so much so that I thought the Palace Ultras had infiltrated, and were about to burst into a rendition of "We love you, we love you, we love you...."

CM Disclaimer - the above could all be erroneous because I spent most of the match consumed and dazzled by the doe-eyed, ginger-haired, ethereal beauty of that woman with the camera crew filming the North and East Stands.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Well the Lower East was a sea of blue, but that was just all the empty seats. Raincoat black was the predominant colour, so much so that I thought the Palace Ultras had infiltrated, and were about to burst into a rendition of "We love you, we love you, we love you...."

CM Disclaimer - the above could all be erroneous because I spent most of the match consumed and dazzled by the doe-eyed, ginger-haired, ethereal beauty of that woman with the camera crew filming the North and East Stands.

Pics ??

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Admittedly I had a scarf on but it was just blowing about in the wind so it ended up in my pocket.

Have you never been taught how to tie a scarf round your neck?

I don't recall mine "blowing about in the wind" at any point in the afternoon. :shrug:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
the ground only looked half full on the telly...!!
"half full"...?

27,000+ fans flocked to The Amex on Saturday I'll have you know - reinforcing our status as the best supported club in the Football League.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was BLOODY freezing so coats all round.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"half full"...?

27,000+ fans flocked to The Amex on Saturday I'll have you know - reinforcing our status as the best supported club in the Football League.

About 24,000 actually I suspect. Too cold/wet/boring for some it seems.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If they wanted a sea of blue & white, why not do what the did at the first Donny game and hand out the flags? it looked stunning that day.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I did reply to the club's e-mail suggesting that it was a totally daft idea given the weather and said that although I would probably be wearing one of my replica shirts (and I did) that it would be buried deep down under a jumper, a hoodie, and a coat (and it was). I proposed that the end of the season was the best time to have an "event day" but that nice Mr Barber just wouldn't listen! I was expecting to have the blue & white flags out but even that was apparently too much to expect.

So what exactly did the club contribute to "blue & white day"? There was nothing at all different that I saw.

Another (very) damp squib. If we -must- have these special event days (and I'm not sure why football isn't sufficient for a football club), then the club needs to consult the fans and do something worthwhile. Expecting fans to turn up in shirt and pants in February with the worst weather in decades is just plain daft!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The only sea of blue I saw were the empty seats. I'd be surprised there were more than 18,000 there.

The other noticable blue was the netting on the refreshment lad's head in my queue. If I had to choose between a cap and netting I would not choose the netting. That said he was easily confused . . . .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the ground only looked half full on the telly...!!

"half full"...?

Cameras focused on the near barren south stand/southeast corner :lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Blimey, anyone who can't see that it was just a trick to shift stock really wants their bumps testing!
This...! Barber must be laughing into his large glass of expensive red wine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here