Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bridcutt be staying?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
A good player with a short memory. F#ck off Liam.( Well that's how Jim Beam and I feel at the moment)

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Listening to Nathan Jones post match interview when asked about Liam he said Liam has been brilliant !! and the situation will be sorted in the next few days .

Make of that what you will but it certainly looks like we have seen Liam in the stripes for the last time .

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
ON the radio they said Hoskins travelled with the team and is nearer the 1st than puppy dog

In all fairness, no one said those exact words. Aspinall just said he has travelled with the squad but never mentioned how close he was to returning to action. He also said CMS would be playing for the Dev squad soon but again no timescales.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
This thing about players not playing because they are "unable to focus", is it catching? Because Blackpool gave the same reason for Tom Ince not playing yesterday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This thing about players not playing because they are "unable to focus", is it catching? Because Blackpool gave the same reason for Tom Ince not playing yesterday
Indeed. Did Bridcutt actually say that to anyone on here, or is it just the club line?

Listening to Nathan Jones post match interview when asked about Liam he said Liam has been brilliant !!
So according to Nathan, Bridcutt has been brilliant, but loads of fans are still having a hissy fit about his attitude.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Poyet promised Bridcutt that he will take him to his next club if he left Brighton. This was probably a promise made before our promotion many years ago so he has a duty to fulfill this.

He had also said that Bridcutt is good enough to play for Real Madrid.

He owes it to Bridcutt to pay the money he has valued him at and it is our right to hold out for it.

We are not standing in Bridcutts way, Poyet is by making half hearted bids.

I think Bridcutt has a value of £3m, Poyet rates him about £6m so split the difference to £4.5m and Poet has a great deal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The snag about the Sunderland move is Sunderland have only got one good player and he is Lee Cattermole playing in exactly the same position, almost an identical standard, just as naff as playing in a more forward role.

Sunderland might need 15 new players, but defensive midfielder is the least of them.

Ki is probably OK in a slightly more forward role as well, but he is a Swansea player.

Still Sunderland are about evens to stay up and Albion are about 9/1 to go up.

If I was Liam Brdicutt and I believed I was as good as people make up. I would want to pay Premier League football for four seasons plus at my peak in a year or two, and if I was to relocate before my kid went to school, perhaps.

In other words I would want a contract to the end of next season. Which is what he has got.

He would struggle to get in Sunderland, Norwich or Palace team. On current form he might struggle to get in our team so he could want the extra dosh.

Sunderland paid £6 million for Lee Cattermole.

He would be very useful for us in the dfficult away matches to come, but only if he is 100%.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Poyet promised Bridcutt that he will take him to his next club if he left Brighton. This was probably a promise made before our promotion many years ago so he has a duty to fulfill this.

He had also said that Bridcutt is good enough to play for Real Madrid.

He owes it to Bridcutt to pay the money he has valued him at and it is our right to hold out for it.

We are not standing in Bridcutts way, Poyet is by making half hearted bids.

I think Bridcutt has a value of £3m, Poyet rates him about £6m so split the difference to £4.5m and Poet has a great deal.

Think you will find Bridcutt and Buckley will go to Sunderland combined fee £5 mill. and would think that was fair. By the way no sources at all. Just a thought.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Think you will find Bridcutt and Buckley will go to Sunderland combined fee £5 mill. and would think that was fair. By the way no sources at all. Just a thought.

Will be interesting, just five days to go but as long as we make some good cash it may be a blessing that the only players we can make money on are the ones that Poyet wants.

In a roundabout way Poyet will probably unwittingly do us a favour and we can invest wisely for our future whilst avoiding spending the money on mercenaries.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How can anybody say that with catergoric assurance as I am sure that nobody other than sbout 3 people know the valuation placed on him and unlike previous times there isnt a leak of info very often.

there are dozens on here who know ..............or say they do :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here