Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bridcutt be staying?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'd resigned myself to losing him and had expected us to be able to use the funds to improve the squad. If he doesn't go now - and I expect he will - I'll be disappointed. Think we need the cash more than we need Liam these days.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On the Sky Sports site what the papers say one is reporting that Gus has told Stoke they have no chance of getting Catermole, any truth in this or just press speculation. This with the reports that he is trying to sign an Argentinian midfielder increases the likelehood that he will not raise the price for Bridcutt. The problem is this would make it 2 Argentinian signings this month lets hope he doesnt go for a 3rd, Ulloa.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
We are supposedly holding out for a fee,once this is met he will be history and good riddance! Not focussed? What a load of nonsense while he keeps picking up his `hard earnt pay`.Sooner the better!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Saw Banega at the under-20 world cup in Toronto a few years ago, by far the best player in the tournament!

Everton were interested in Banega and then he got a bad injury. I was sort of hoping we might sign him if we got to the Premier.

Meanwhile, back in reality, Sunderland have just had a bid rejected and there does not seem to be any signs of another club wanting Bridcutt.

He is not a good enough player to ask for a transfer. I would not expect bridges have to be burned for good (difficult to know though) ???

I expected him to go to another southern club but none of them seem to be interested.

I think we will need a replacement for Bridcutt and it might be difficult. We also need another central defencder. I would thought it might be possible to get a better replacement than El Abd.

Last edited:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
How does it work ,if he stays ?........Bridcutt signs an improved extension to his contract...."I am pleased all the speculation is now over ,and i can concentrate on getting us to the Premiership " .What we are not told that there is a £? buyout clause now inserted !!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As the team are staying up north did he go up with them? If he did he could be in contention for a place but if not I would think not but then again he could always fly up Monday evening or Tuesdsy morning if the situstion changes

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Bridcutt's gone.

What do I base that on. Well, removal vans were moving stuff from his house last week.

Unless he's deceided to move house a few days before a possible move away from the club, I'd take that as a sign come next weekend Liam will be some other teams player!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
take a good 7 digit figure and move on, no one player is bigger than their club...

Except Suarez and Liverpool perhaps :)

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Banega is an attacking midfield playmaker so not sure Poyet interest says anything about Bridcutt. I would be surprised if he is still here in Feb and given what has gone on that's probably for the best now...

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Bridcutt has no future at BHA. He wants out and that is what he will get. Anything over £4 will be fantastic work be our management team. His antics over the past few weeks will mean I won't clap him back when he returns one day. However I wish him all the success in his future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here