Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Bridcutt be staying?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Doesn't make sense 3 players ... Bridcutt 4m ... Buckley 2m ... and Ulloa 6m and that's being generous, how much do they think Wickham is worth not that much for sure .... would expect to see 5-6m coming our way as well if this is true which I hope it isn't. This would set us back 2-seasons whilst a team rebuild is then carried out during the summer

Wickham has the potential to be worth more than Ulloa

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If Gus is going to get three of our best players we need to be sure we have at least 3 who are as good or better coming in. Wickham would be one of those. Going to be a interesting week.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If we assume these are reasonably far advanced, what triggers things to start? Does Cattermole have to sign for Stoke first and then the Bridcutt deal moves forward, or will there be discussions on personal terms for Wickham (unless that is a loan as part of the Bridcutt deal)? Or is there no way they will sell Cattermole until they know that the Bridcutt deal is signed?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
How would that set us back 2 seasons.

Bridcutt hasn't really played this season, Buckley is injured too much and Wickham is a direct replacement for Ulloa only younger.

You can't change that amount of players we without a season of bedding in for the players to replace them, least we forget that we will need a new keeper as Kusch wants away at the end of the season plus all the others that are out of contract, things are going to be very interesting

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If we assume these are reasonably far advanced, what triggers things to start? Does Cattermole have to sign for Stoke first and then the Bridcutt deal moves forward, or will there be discussions on personal terms for Wickham (unless that is a loan as part of the Bridcutt deal)? Or is there no way they will sell Cattermole until they know that the Bridcutt deal is signed?

Eees complicated no?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You can't change that amount of players we without a season of bedding in for the players to replace them, least we forget that we will need a new keeper as Kusch wants away at the end of the season plus all the others that are out of contract, things are going to be very interesting

I thought Kooshack wanted a new contract? Dont depress me even more....

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
He doesn't want to renew, wants to go back to the Premiership ( unless we make it of course ) and that is from the man himself

Not quite what he said in the press was it, unless you have had a seperate side conversation with the man himself!??

I think the general gist was that he wanted to play in the Prem, ideally with us, if it's not to be with us then he might be interested to see what other options there are. It was a classic opening tactic in negotiating for a new contract IMHO. As good as he is, I can't see him walking into any team in the Prem as first choice.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not quite what he said in the press was it, unless you have had a seperate side conversation with the man himself!??

I think the general gist was that he wanted to play in the Prem, ideally with us, if it's not to be with us then he might be interested to see what other options there are. It was a classic opening tactic in negotiating for a new contract IMHO. As good as he is, I can't see him walking into any team in the Prem as first choice.

Closer than you believe. If we don't go up he will leave

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I had a seperate side conversation with him after the Millwall game.

That wasn't anything to do with transfers though. That was more him asking me why I was eating the player's post-match risotto with my bare hands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TK going is our biggest possible loss but it should be noted thst Gua has signed an Argentinian goal keeper so now has 3 acceptable keepers so does he need more? Guss has also said that Catermole is not going anywhere as he is part of Sunderlands plans, all will be revealed in the next 6 days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll worry about who is staying or leaving in the summer at the end of the season. It's what's going to happen in the next few days that worries me at the moment :smile:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Where to? on the bench to another Prem club or another Championship club?

And did he mention Gus phoning him?

No but he stated this before Christmas and there will be takers as he will be a free agent ... next season it will be Brez , Ankers and ANOther

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here