Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Player you've seen play

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Zidane, first row seat by the half way line in an international friendly in the mid 90s's. Absolute different gravy/jus. It seemed that there was a sphere surrounding him .......... if it entered it the ball would be under control in an instant, didn't matter if or indeed how many players were on him ........ took his time ........ sometimes looked up, sometime's didn't .. but the ball was pinged/stroked/lofted/dinked to perfection. Stunning.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Was at England 4 Netherlands 1 at Euro 96 hard to split Shearer and Sheringham with 2 goals each.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Messi and Ronaldo

What a stunning and unique answer.

And when did you watch them play?

The thread is Best Player you've seen play, not best player you've seen on TV.

Unless I've got it all wrong and you have seen them play in the flesh?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
British Kenny Dalglish ,world a toss up between Hagi and Platini he may be a cock now but Heysel robbed him of his biggest night in Football.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Waddle - no contest

An old school mate of mine would back you up with Waddle. John Dreyer (Oxford Utd, Stoke, Fulham, Bolton and Bradford) told me Waddle was head and shoulders above anyyone he played against.

Best player I've seen in the flesh was Van Basten and believe it or not Eric Gates

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Maradona, Platini and Messi.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In my youth I loved watching Liam Brady, a fabulous footballer who could do anything with a ball

I saw Liam Brady when he played for WHU in a game against Manchester United. Stand out player in a pretty drab match but what struck me was how much time he had everytime he got the ball. He was a different class to everyone else on the pitch with his ball control, layoffs and ball retention without even looking like it was any effort at all. He didn't score or lay on a goal but I'd say he was the player who has impressed me the most watching live.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Messi, Zidane and Stoichkov - phenomenal football players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here