Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Burke

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just spoke to a friend at Birmingham - his words were " can't say there hasnt been interest but cant say who and definitely no bid and while a bid wouldnt be welcomed you know what the transfer window is like....lots of enquiries some of which progress and most of which dont". He views Burke as very much in the Buckley mould but without the explosive pace. Doesnt always work as hard as Clarke wants but vital to their attacking ability.
Hancox he viewed as an exceptional talent and one whose market value will rise exponentially and a certainty to be in the EPL at some point. His words "I honestly think anyone asking after him at the moment is wasting their time"
Had an interesting chat about their financial situation and whether they are any nearer to being sold....extraordinarily complicated.

Fascinating but in the context of bidding for players, unhelpful, conversation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Far too much money on wages.

Move on

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mark McGhee was trying to sign him years ago when he was at Rangers.
If he is potentially coming then Buckley must be leaving.

When we tried to sign him from Rangers the fee quoted was way beyond us but he would be a good signing now very ticky, nimble and puts in some good crosses with the added bonus of being sble to score goals, like he did for Brum against us in 12/13 season think it was, at the Amex.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone who's unsure who he is he was by far brums stand out player v us again the other day. Also def better than Conway IMO!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would think that he would be picked in preference to Lua Lua or Buckley with their injury record at the moment, athough Buckley is expected to be back tomorrow.

LuaLua more likely to return than Buckley BG

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who's unsure who he is he was by far brums stand out player v us again the other day. Also def better than Conway IMO!

I agree he is better than Conway.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm sure I read recently that Burke had no intention of leaving st. Andrews as he and his family were settled and happy there.
I remember thinking what a pity as he would be an ideal replacement if Buckley does go to Sunderland
It was in the FL paper. Things change I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here