Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Williams?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He made his name as an attacking midfielder. So can play both roles. Sounds like a Crofts replacement to me.

So we're near a 2013 player of the year, reaching his prime, can cover both Crofts, Bridcutt, and CB, knows where the goal is, and people aren't excited? Sweet jebus.

Both, by the looks of things. A flexible player, just our cup of tea. Sounds promising.

These guys seem to be saying he's played the whole season as a centre back, so he doesn't sound much like a replacement for Crofts. More like someone who can slot in anywhere at the back or in defensive midfield. There are a couple of mentions of his excellent set-pieces, which could explain why he's scored so many goals for someone in this type of position. I know nothing about him but the Player of the Season at a decent League One club who is clearly very well thought of by the fans has to be a good acquisition.

He will be viewed by the club as a player that could potentially cover several positions. Hence their interest, I would think.

Sounds like we are signing ROMAIN VINCELOT!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I trust your word over most others on here, so good news. Hopefully we'll get him signed up before the Vale deadline but I doubt it.

There's always a chance they can blow out last minute as you already know but this one looks like a winner. Just what I have been told

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No brainer then, he'll chose us, right up to the point where Reading/QPR/Forest/Bournemouth come in with bigger money offers.
Ha,... probably spot on mate.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Yes, and very well. I liked him too.

Ditto. Was it against Liverpool at the Amex when he played left back? Was definitely a cup game and I was very impressed with him there. His bullet header against Coventry was pretty decent as well. Maybe his versatility was his downfall as he couldn't nail down a spot in one position.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Looking at youtube, looks like he can take a decent free-kick and is handy at penalties too.

I assume Chicksen would have had some input into this.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good stuff. Young and full of potential... ease him in over time to replace Greer or Upson. Would much rather we signed players like this than Chris Baird et al who are in their 30's.

Sensible stuff from the club.

100% agree, but I got absolute pelters for saying that we should go for a younger player yesterday.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was sad to see him leave, I thought he still had quite a bit to offer if given a run. Is he still at Orient? If so how's he doing?

He was one of their best players until he got an injury from the match reports and the bloke who writes in the I.

I was never certain why we got rid off him

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Does this mean we won't be singing Joan Capdevila now then?

Gutted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here