Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket. England Face-Saving?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What a bundle of joy you are. Try relaxing & enjoy life? I can recommend it.

I hope I am wrong but you appear to be not that bothered about the collapse of English cricket. Gaining any crumb of comfort from a meaningless one day knockabout is pointless, particularly when the opposition are just going through the motions.
I am seething that Flower and his cronies are getting away with this debacle and by celebrating a possible England win when it counts for absolutely zero, their position is being strengthened, not weakened.
Flower should have fallen on his sword and Cook removed from all captaincy but the ECB in their wisdom have given their endorsement to our successful leader. So failure will continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope I am wrong but you appear to be not that bothered about the collapse of English cricket. Gaining any crumb of comfort from a meaningless one day knockabout is pointless, particularly when the opposition are just going through the motions.
I am seething that Flower and his cronies are getting away with this debacle and by celebrating a possible England win when it counts for absolutely zero, their position is being strengthened, not weakened.
Flower should have fallen on his sword and Cook removed from all captaincy but the ECB in their wisdom have given their endorsement to our successful leader. So failure will continue.

All the time the team is on tour then stay with what you have. At the end of the tour then reassess the team, captain, and selections. In the meantime, I'm enjoying today's match. There's no point in getting upset over what has happened up to now as it can't be altered.

Doesn't this just prove that his initial criticism of you was valid? It's cricket FFS, not life or death.

I also think 'the collapse of English cricket' is an over-reaction. This tour has undoubtedly been a monumental **** up, but until they are losing home and away to all and sundry with depressing regularity and lack of soul it'll be a one-off, a fine mess made in isolation against a backdrop of massive success over recent years. Should Flower and Cook have their positions considered? Of course. But I'm not going to suggest stringing them up mid-tour. The people in charge need time to carry out a full review and work out where we go from here.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We only Won!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That simply will not do, we can't be WINNING things. At least the women managed to LOSE yesterday and save England some face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here