Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus after Ulloa?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, you've just used that stat. I thought you might know something.

I've seen plenty enough of Wickham over the last couple of years to know he's a good striker, with the potential to get a lot better.

Is Leo going to get better at his age? Probably not.

I reckon they are very much comparable right now, and likely to move in opposite directions moving forward - thus a swap worthy of consideration.

Comparing them right now, Leo is probably better in the air (although Wickham IS a big strong bloke, too), but Wickham is MUCH quicker, which is something the Albion team desperatley needs, imo.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I've seen plenty enough of Wickham over the last couple of years to know he's a good striker, with the potential to get a lot better.

Is Leo going to get better at his age? Probably not.

I reckon they are very much comparable right now, and likely to move in opposite directions moving forward - thus a swap worthy of consideration.

Comparing them right now, Leo is probably better in the air (although Wickham IS a big strong bloke, too), but Wickham is MUCH quicker, which is something the Albion team desperatley needs, imo.

If Gus came in for him though, he obviously wouldn't agree with you.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Labrokes creating stories to stimulate betting interest????

I saw this on Twitter last night:

Breaking: Our sky source's believe if we feed you with enough of this crap You will pick up ur phones bet and make us looooads of money #SSN

I still do not know how there isn’t a conflict of interests with Sky/Sky Bet when they release news, transfer rumours etc then announce odds for that news/event happening.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Wickham plus £1m..... might work for us,.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Poyet is showing every day what an ******** he actually is.

I had huge respect for the man and loved what he did for us - now he can just feck off.

I hope City put 10 past them at Wembley.

You realise EVERY manager does this?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Gus came in for him though, he obviously wouldn't agree with you.

What matters to Gus though, is which of the two are worth more to HIM, between now and May. Nothing else. If Leo's a spent force in two years' time and Wickham is worth £10m, Gus would (rightly?) not care, so long as Sunderland stay up this season, and he keeps that blemish off his CV.

It obviously is all down to opinions though, but having seen very recent performances from both players with my own eyes, mine would be that actually Wickham would add more to their team right now. As you say - Gus doesn't agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was agreeing with your point.

Using David Moyes signing Everton players for United as an example that it's not only Poyet who does it.

Not as clean when I need to explain it though :lolol:

Ah, I saw you used Fellani as an example and was trying to figure out how Gus trying to sign players that might improve his team could be compared with such an expensive faux pas :smile:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The wanker is sticking 2 fingers up at us by trying to decimate a squad he helped to build.
His lack of respect for the fans that payed his wages and sang his name is ****ing disgraceful.

:facepalm:

Exactly he helped build the squad. He knows these players. He knows the strengths so he's in a perfect position to judge whether they would improve his squad. He's not "disrespecting" us at all so stop being a baby

Edit: AND he's hardly going to spend X millions of pounds on players just to piss off Brighton fans is he.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure why anyone would be even a little bit surprised if he tried to lure away players he signed. Poyet is only interested in what will improve his current team, he's not going to give a shit what Brighton fans or board members think.

No, not at all. Even managers leaving with the blessing of their clubs like Martinez and Moyes go back to try to sign players they trust and have worked with consistently. You can only work and give 100% commitment to your current employer. Managers are cut down at the drop of a hat these days, why on earth would they give some kind of moral notion to respecting the feelings of another clubs fans!?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ah, I saw you used Fellani as an example and was trying to figure out how Gus trying to sign players that might improve his team could be compared with such an expensive faux pas :smile:

The analogy would be like Gus coming back ignoring Bridcutt and Ince, and giving us £10m for Ryan Harley!!!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Poyet this, Poyet that....FFS...it seems that this man is the centre of the Universe for some of the posters on here. Everytime he shits or blows his nose, there are people on here writing about it. They keep wishing him and his players the best of luck and not begrudging any of ours a move to Wearside. If you want to carry on a love affair with Gus Poyet...BECOME A SUNDERLAND FAN.
It doesn't seem to matter to a lot on here that he is de-stabilising us. He has unsettled our best player to such an extent that his head has gone and he doesn't want to turn out for us prior to his move. He is allowing himself to be linked with other players via the media and fanning the flames.
He burnt his bridges with us, big time. He held our club to ransom and scuppered our chances of promotion but still some of you think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. If I was TB, I wouldn't do any business with him out of principle.
I guess a lot on here will never be able to move on and will never pay Oscar Garcia the respect he deserves.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What matters to Gus though, is which of the two are worth more to HIM, between now and May. Nothing else. If Leo's a spent force in two years' time and Wickham is worth £10m, Gus would (rightly?) not care, so long as Sunderland stay up this season, and he keeps that blemish off his CV.

It obviously is all down to opinions though, but having seen very recent performances from both players with my own eyes, mine would be that actually Wickham would add more to their team right now. As you say - Gus doesn't agree.

Exactly. Prem managers have about 18 months to be judged at most before they are "accepted". Even then they are not safe.

Who traditionally buys most of the big youth talents? Man Utd and Arsenal. Why? Because Wenger and Fergie were the only secure people in their job. They could build for the future.

All other managers want HERE and NOW and understanbly so. I would be the exact same. It would be LOVELY to bring someone through the academy....but I'd rather keep my job and buy the finished product.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here