Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lib Dems,do they face Wipeout ?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Land fit for heroes...I lost my Grandfather at the Somme,my father was seriously wounded at Dunkirk...and I served 12 Royal Navy. After the war,who won the first election...LABOUR...so where was the land fit for heroes.

If we are talking history; then yes Labour did win the election after the second world war on the basis of a manifesto that included the creation of the NHS and the welfare state to support the land fit for heroes (which was actually a quote from the end of the first world war but lets not let facts get in the way).

Winston Churchill fought that election on the basis of rearming and the ability to fight another/other wars, which wasnt the sort of thing that the people that had been bombed, rationed and lost people wanted to hear, hence why he was trounced and booed when campaigning.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I feel sorry for them to be honest. They did the right thing but it's hurting them. I am switching my vote from Labour to Lib Dems in the next election
I've spent four years moaning at the Lib Dems but will undoubtedly end up voting for them as I usually do. This Labour front bench are the least electable shower of shit I've ever known, and I'm definitely including Michael Foot and Neil Kinnock in that, both of whom were entirely electable IMO.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And let's not forget that we are all in it together, except of course those at the top. Reported in November last year, directors at the top companies saw their pay rise by 14% on average.

Are you seriously suggesting that the government ( of any colour ) should intervene in what pay private companies give their senior executives ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you seriously suggesting that the government ( of any colour ) should intervene in what pay private companies give their senior executives ?
No, but perhaps the Tories shouldn't have campaigned on a "we're in this together" ticket when clearly we're not.

There has been no out of the box thinking to try and resolve the issue of poor distribution of income, and in any case, the Tory party is the last place most of us would expect it.

Ed Milliband for PM....? Do you know anymore jokes...the Labour Party DID put us in this mess...with their spend and borrow policies,with selling our Gold Reserves when Gold was at it's lowest price ever. Leaving joke notes like 'There is no money left'. Labour who took us to an illegal war in Iraq.
You want me to mention the Banks...ok,they caused a crisis but they are the highest earning industry in the country.
Sold the family silver ? So you think that this country should be run by the union barons...who sit on their millions and try to manipulate this country...vote Ed Milliband get McCluskey.
You want to mention 'Family Silver being sold (Forgetting about our Gold Reserves which Brown sold.
You wanted us to build ships and cars...when run by Unions they were losing money...every ship and car cost more than we could
sell them for,foreign manufacters were undercutting us...so your bright idea is that we should carry on regardless of losing millions...good thinking...NOT!
Yes Edward Heath did take us into Europe...but then it was a trade agreement that we would'nt tax their imports,they didn't tax ours.
We were lied to by Blair by saying we don't need a referendum on the Portugal agreement which was closer political ties.
We were lied to at the election before Brown took over when Labour realised that a referendum was a vote winner,then renege on the promise...and before you say it...yes the Tories promised a referendum too and we didn't get it.
As for Ed Balls as Chancellor...the guy who messed up last time,now accusing the Tories of 'flatling' the ecomony...only to be prove wrong,unemployment is going down.
We have the fastest growing ecomony in Europe and most of the world
And I always put this to the Labour party supporters...How many of you and your families bought their council houses...I know lots of them did,but few admit it because it was the Wicked Witch that gave them the chance.
Land fit for heroes...I lost my Grandfather at the Somme,my father was seriously wounded at Dunkirk...and I served 12 Royal Navy. After the war,who won the first election...LABOUR...so where was the land fit for heroes.
If it was a choice between Ed Milliband or an Gibraltran Ape...the Ape would win it hands down for me.

PS,Just what are Ed Millibands talents...stabbing his brother in the back?

I love you!!! Fantastic. This post makes me want to sex you up...I will worry about the fact we could be the same sex another day!!! Post of the year so far for me.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Brighton Pavilion could easily become a 4 way marginal if the Green vote collapses and Labour voters stay at home , it could well be the UKIP vote that allows the Conservatives to sneak in.

More likely the Green voters will vote Labour in a bid to stop the Conservatives getting another term in office. Some of their voters last time were traditional Labour voters who just wanted a change of Government. I'd see there being a strong chance Brighton Pav goes back into Labour hands in 2015.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if you missed it, there are many suggesting exactly that. they want bankers bonuses capped, then salaries capped, and general company directors and senior executives pay restricted. in fact EU has already instigated some restrictions on bonuses and pay.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I thought they were 12 months ago, are they still in existence. I understood UKIP took over their office lease and made a successful bid for their office furniture and stationery Mr Farage is now the proud owner of some sticking plasters, some biros and a half empty jar of instant decaf coffee.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Won't answer the question about Labour would never stoop so low as the Tories....seeing that Lord Rennard and the Hancock affairs are still in the public domain. Why, what have those cases got to do with any sleaze in Labour, of which there probably is some.
Lib Dems....what did they get out of the coalition ?...apart from a referendum on the AV vote WHICH they got... on the promise they would support the Tories boundary changes...which they reneged on. They sidestepped the boundary changes because Cameron reneged on House of Lords reform under pressure from his back benches. Don't see anything wrong with that.
Apart from stopping the countrys terrorism laws allowing terrorist to roam the streets and we can't deport them. how is that down to just the lib dems? David Davies was an advocate against a lot of the terrorism prevention laws
Apart from them knowing they would never get into Parliament and power with out a coalition... no one can argue with that. The problem is it means the smallest of the three parties controls who actually governs!
Apart from them looking at a coalition with Labour next election...
Every party has it's bad apples...but when it's a Tory there is uproar...any other party it's quitely hidden. what rose tinted tripe. You have already mentioned Rennard and Hancock at the start of your paragraph and by the end forgotten it! Having said that, the list of Tory sleaze is probably longer

I was making reference to the campaign slogan we're all in it together' which, patently, we are not.

Ed Milliband for PM....? Do you know anymore jokes...the Labour Party DID put us in this mess...with their spend and borrow policies,with selling our Gold Reserves when Gold was at it's lowest price ever. That old chestnut. What difference would it have made if we had held onto our gold reserves? The money was used to buy other currencies. Also, there are other rumours that the sale was to protect vulnerable institutions, the collapse of which might have brought down the whole system like a house of cards. Leaving joke notes like 'There is no money left'. Labour who took us to an illegal war in Iraq.Can you clarify why you believe it was an illegal war?
You want me to mention the Banks...ok,they caused a crisis but they are the highest earning industry in the country. That entitles them to cause global meltdown!
Sold the family silver ? So you think that this country should be run by the union barons...who sit on their millions and try to manipulate this country...vote Ed Milliband get McCluskey.
You want to mention 'Family Silver being sold (Forgetting about our Gold Reserves which Brown sold.
You wanted us to build ships and cars...when run by Unions they were losing money...every ship and car cost more than we could
sell them for,foreign manufacters were undercutting us...so your bright idea is that we should carry on regardless of losing millions...good thinking...NOT! That's a very narrowminded view, and yes we all know that you worked in a unionised industry. The unions were very powerful in the 70s which could be seen as a predictable swing in power away from the employers who had run roughshod over their employees for a couple of centuries. Don't think anyone disagrees that legistlation was needed but the conservatives just wanted to destroy all unions and hand total power back to the employer. They still do with their proposals to allow employers to get rid of staff with out a valid reason.
Yes Edward Heath did take us into Europe...but then it was a trade agreement that we would'nt tax their imports,they didn't tax ours.
We were lied to by Blair by saying we don't need a referendum on the Portugal agreement which was closer political ties. That's an opinion that many debate. What brought us closer was Maastricht. So the conservatives took us into the common market with no referendum and the signed the treaty that formed the EU with no hint of a referendum but that doesn't worry you.
We were lied to at the election before Brown took over when Labour realised that a referendum was a vote winner,then renege on the promise...and before you say it...yes the Tories promised a referendum too and we didn't get it.
As for Ed Balls as Chancellor...the guy who messed up last time,now accusing the Tories of 'flatling' the ecomony...only to be prove wrong,unemployment is going down.
We have the fastest growing ecomony in Europe and most of the world That remains opinion. he did flatline the economy and maybe you have to look and see how low it dropped compared to other.
And I always put this to the Labour party supporters...How many of you and your families bought their council houses...I know lots of them did,but few admit it because it was the Wicked Witch that gave them the chance. There is nothing wrong with the principal of buying your council house, I'm not sure anyone has said there is (originally a labour policy by the way). What was wrong was not reinvesting the proceeds in new stock which of course led to shortage and drove up house prices.
Land fit for heroes...I lost my Grandfather at the Somme,my father was seriously wounded at Dunkirk...and I served 12 Royal Navy. After the war,who won the first election...LABOUR...so where was the land fit for heroes. Take it you don't value the NHS, especially over other health systems around the world.
If it was a choice between Ed Milliband or an Gibraltran Ape...the Ape would win it hands down for me. I think your last comment says more about you than the barbary apes from Gibralta

PS,Just what are Ed Millibands talents...stabbing his brother in the back? And Cameron's had the ability to be a good judge of character. Best friends with Brooks and even employed her former lover, Coulson, both of course now on trial!!!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No, but perhaps the Tories shouldn't have campaigned on a "we're in this together" ticket when clearly we're not.

There has been no out of the box thinking to try and resolve the issue of poor distribution of income, and in any case, the Tory party is the last place most of us would expect it.
labour made us all in it together, all broke after 12 years remember the note at the treasury . No money left. And it's not the first time they wasted the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here