Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U v Sunderland - Gus on HIS way to Wembley

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I don't mind if Poyet reaches the final. I'm completely indifferent to him. I'm certainly not waving a United flag because of what a silly tart he became.

That said, a City-Sunderland final would be a total walkover for City, so for the sake of the game itself, a Manchester derby would probably be preferable.

Disagree regarding your last comment. In many respects Sunderland have been City's bogey side over the last few seasons.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't mind if Poyet reaches the final. I'm completely indifferent to him. I'm certainly not waving a United flag because of what a silly tart he became.

That said, a City-Sunderland final would be a total walkover for City, so for the sake of the game itself, a Manchester derby would probably be preferable.

Sunderland would give them a good game. Playing really good football under poyet (compared to what they were so their league position of 1 point from first seven games isn't giving a fair reflection) - I.e probably 10th in table if you pro rota poyet league form over season.

Beat them in the league 1-0 too. Must be the only game man city haven't scored in!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would Gus be interested in Buckley with Adam Johnson in such good form, Bridcutt is a different proposition. As I said yesterday who in their right mind would pay £5m for Catermole.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think I've ever heard of a more dumb rule than the away goal only counting after extra time, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Not least because the away team in the second leg have 30 mins more than the other side to score one.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Johnson is a quality player, given that Zaha cost the same I'd say he's probably worth that.

It's about relative values and the mad world of footy. AJ is a big money player but he blows hot and cold like Buckley - and on his day Buckley is prem league good. If Gus has already mentioned £1.75m that seems like a steal... Relatively like. And Lee Catermole's a good player, but Bridcutt is his equal if not better - and he'll prove it with the Mackems or us?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sunderland would give them a good game. Playing really good football under poyet (compared to what they were so their league position of 1 point from first seven games isn't giving a fair reflection) - I.e probably 10th in table if you pro rota poyet league form over season.

Beat them in the league 1-0 too. Must be the only game man city haven't scored in!

This City team would beat Sunderland on the wide and energy sapping Wembley pitch. Sunderland have beaten them at home about 4 years on the trot, but each time City outclassed them but got caught with a sucker punch. Lessons learnt, and the City squad just keeps getting better.
No doubt Poyet would set up not to get beat, so it could take awhile before the 10 man defence is breached.

Looks like ManUre heading there at the moment anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The runner up doesn't get a European place in this competition.

Yes they do given it's pretty much assured City will be in the Champions League. Runner up in this cup will go into an early qualifying round in late July.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I know I 'dissed' him earlier but Smalling has had a brilliant game tonight.

Also, Gus has a snood with 'GP' on it :ffsparr:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
'kin hell!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here