Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U v Sunderland - Gus on HIS way to Wembley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't mind if Poyet reaches the final. I'm completely indifferent to him. I'm certainly not waving a United flag because of what a silly tart he became.

That said, a City-Sunderland final would be a total walkover for City, so for the sake of the game itself, a Manchester derby would probably be preferable.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't mind if Poyet reaches the final. I'm completely indifferent to him. I'm certainly not waving a United flag because of what a silly tart he became.

That said, a City-Sunderland final would be a total walkover for City, so for the sake of the game itself, a Manchester derby would probably be preferable.

Man City aren't as strong away from home, and Sunderland have already beaten them. Man City have already beaten Man Utd 4-1 (at home). On results so far this season, Man City v Man Utd would be more of a walkover.

Though I'd say either way, Man City would be strong favourites, but if Sunderland go through tonight, we won't have to deal with so much "everything is better for man u, now" press, and won't have much mention of Man U in the build up to and fall out from the final.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think I've ever heard of a more dumb rule than the away goal only counting after extra time, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Fergie knew when it was time to retire

That's what I have always thought. there was no way Fergie would of retired if he still had a squad capable of winning the league and in with a good shout of the European cup.
As for tonights match, I want Poyet out and Man U to go through to a Manchester final where they will be blown away.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Smalling got away with that, made a massive mistake there and dragged Fletcher down. Not sure what the ref/assistant saw :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As for tonights match, I want Poyet out and Man U to go through to a Manchester final where they will be blown away.

Exactly. It's not about supporting Utd as they would lose in the final anyhow, it's all about Poyet hitting the ceiling having failed to get to Wembley.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can I just reiterate how dreadful Lee Catermole is at this level in a passing team. If I was Gus and Sunderland, I'd forget about negotiating, and I'd be slapping the big bucks down for Bridders, because they need someone who can PASS in front of their back four. Sunderland have some good players in there, but the amount of times it's broken down with Catermole is incredible.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Come on Sunderland

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What happens if it stays 1-0 at full time? Extra time or Man U go through on away goals?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
As the final will be Citeh v xxxx you can pretty much guarantee European football regardless of the result which is why United want it so bad :lolol:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Adam Johnson cost Sunderland TEN million pounds! Lee Catermole may have played his whole career in the Prem, but he's not as good as Liam. **** me, Bridders & Buckers (even with chocolate hamstrings) would/could/should be worth millions Rodney.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I only want Sunderland to win because they are sponsored by Binfest.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Adam Johnson cost Sunderland TEN million pounds! Lee Catermole may have played his whole career in the Prem, but he's not as good as Liam. **** me, Bridders & Buckers (even with chocolate hamstrings) would/could/should be worth millions Rodney.

Bridcutt hasn't been playing against Premier league oppo though.

I agree mind you.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Johnson is a quality player, given that Zaha cost the same I'd say he's probably worth that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here