Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

child abuse, please report it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-25399680

I know that each day a new story appears in the papers or on television regarding another case of child abuse, but this subject has become very close to heart. It does not matter how long ago the abuse took place if a victim or the victims have the courage to come forward and report their abusers. I have recently been involved in the above case. A friend of mine who now lives and works in New York and is involved with the Stop abuse organisation had the courage to approach The NYPD when he discovered that his abuser of 34 years ago was still teaching. The NYPD contacted Sussex police who subsequently started their enquiries. Others victims made contact with each other through various means and also contacted The Child protection team in Eastbourne. The abuser is now serving 8 years for his crimes. I can't begin to praise The police enough for all their hard work and for the fantastic way in which they looked after those who were abused. My point is that if any of you who read this post were in anyway or are being abused, PLEASE REPORT IT. Your abuser must not be allowed to get away with their crimes.

I know this posting will give away my true identity and my ban may be put back in place but it will be worth it if anybody has the courage to do the sensible thing and report their abuser.

Love to all of you on NSC
Hugo (PSB)

This post is sensible, all that other tripe you posted before, made you look a wum, clearly you're not.

Thanks for that. Time moves on. If you know of anyone who needs support there are many organisations who can. It is so important that abusers are caught. The Child protection team are fantastic and handle all cases with care and consideration. Sadly the effects of sexual abuse can stays with a person for their lifetime but there is support and help for those who were/are abused.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just out of interest, and I appreciate this is a sensitive topic: how are prosecutions possible when there is so little chance of forensic evidence? Is it just a case of someone's word against someone else's?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Id be more inclined to support your crusade were it not for your totally inappropriate, given the subject matter, username.

Indeed if you want to be taken seriously, something more modest would be better.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I am so angered by comments over the arrests and trials of certain showbiz personalities on charges of historic abuse of children and young people. Some people - either in ignorance or something else - seem to think that because the allegations of abuse stemmed from instances 30, 40 or 50 years ago, they are in some way not as serious as something which occurred last week. There seems to be a belief that: ‘time is a healer’. I am sorry but the reverse is true. From my own experience, the longer abuse goes unrecognised, untreated and unpunished; the greater is the damage. It literally ruins lives.
Anyone who has suffered child abuse: talk about it, report it and seek justice. You really are not alone. Help can be found in so many places:
NSPCC: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-ad...hood/adults-abused-in-childhood_wda87228.html
NAPAC: http://www.napac.org.uk
Young Minds: http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_ch...ng_you/abuse?gclid=CPXFkL3QsboCFXHJtAodLC0A0A

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I am so angered by comments over the arrests and trials of certain showbiz personalities on charges of historic abuse of children and young people. Some people - either in ignorance or something else - seem to think that because the allegations of abuse stemmed from instances 30, 40 or 50 years ago, they are in some way not as serious as something which occurred last week. There seems to be a belief that: ‘time is a healer’. I am sorry but the reverse is true. From my own experience, the longer abuse goes unrecognised, untreated and unpunished; the greater is the damage. It literally ruins lives.
Anyone who has suffered child abuse: talk about it, report it and seek justice. You really are not alone. Help can be found in so many places:
NSPCC: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-ad...hood/adults-abused-in-childhood_wda87228.html
NAPAC: http://www.napac.org.uk
Young Minds: http://www.youngminds.org.uk/for_ch...ng_you/abuse?gclid=CPXFkL3QsboCFXHJtAodLC0A0A

Good on you. I've heard people suggesting that the likes of Stuart Hall etc are being victimised & that they shouldn't get long sentences "because they're old and it was a long time ago", or simply because it's been in the media "therefore it's probably made up".

Sorry, but even if justice takes a long time coming (and as the poster I've just quoted will tell you, victims of this sort of crime have all sorts of very legitimate reasons for not speaking out earlier) it needs to be achieved in the end. If that means a few convicted sex offenders in their seventies and eighties serving time in maximum security prisons looking over their shoulder the entire time, well I shan't lose any sleep over it.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Just out of interest, and I appreciate this is a sensitive topic: how are prosecutions possible when there is so little chance of forensic evidence? Is it just a case of someone's word against someone else's?

In my case there was no evidence but the police were very good at interviewing the child in question. Their eventual advice was to stay away from the person, but I believe he has something on his police file now, though not sure whether it will eventually drop off.

Although the case was dropped, I hope it will have made him realise that he's not as 'invincible' as some of these people seem to think they are. He was abused himself when younger and didn't think twice about doing it as an adult. Breaking the pattern is so important.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Often in these cases there is more than one accuser, usually completely unrelated to each other, and the consistencies in their accounts may make it almost impossible that they could have been fabricated (at least not without collusion, which can fairly easily be eliminated).

Likewise, even with one accuser, there may be tiny but vital details that only a victim would know, which are enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Often in these cases there is more than one accuser, usually completely unrelated to each other, and the consistencies in their accounts may make it almost impossible that they could have been fabricated (at least not without collusion, which can fairly easily be eliminated).

Likewise, even with one accuser, there may be tiny but vital details that only a victim would know, which are enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Thanks, Edna.

Do the police still use the 'trawling' approach as discussed in this article below?
http://www.richardwebster.net/howthepolicetrawltheinnocent.html

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
One of the main problems with cases of child abuse (and I guess rape too) is that it is a case of power and control by the perpetrator over the victim. That power/control can leave the victim paralysed with fear and helpless for in some cases many years. There is also a fear of isolation and "it must be my fault" or "no one will believe me". There are also strange juxtapositions. In my case there was a feeling of utter relief when I was told my abuser was dead in 1991, but also a counter and equally strong feeling of injustice...ie he had not been brought to justice. Then that was revisited in a bizarre way last summer when I realised that I could have had justice in 1991. Only by bringing these vile people to justice (and hopefully proper punishments and amends for what they have done) can victims start to breathe and live again.
Sorry if that all sounds rather pompous, but it's the best I can do!
Thanks Edna for your insight here.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks, Edna.

Do the police still use the 'trawling' approach as discussed in this article below?
http://www.richardwebster.net/howthepolicetrawltheinnocent.html

Yes trawling is a common practise still. Police would deny that it is and everyone they interview they have grounds to but the fact that to arrest they only need grounds of suspicion over an offence it leaves it very open to interpretation. I doubt there are many custody Sgts who turn away officers when they hear the grounds of arrest even when those grounds are effectively flawed

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I work with kids in Paediatric Nursing and unfortunately child abuse is on the rise.
I agree with you and would also urge anyone to report any signs of child abuse to the authorities,
even if you are doubtful its better that a child stays safe, rather than abused or god forbid dead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here