Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I still admire Hoskins' goal v Newcastle - saw an opportunity, ran back level with the last defender, then told Spanish Dave where he wanted it. Then finished cooly beyond Elliot.

Simple, but devastatingly effective. The sign of a class striker. His reaction to the goal was brilliant - his face was the definition of relief and joy.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Really hope this works for Will. Puts my hobbling around the gym this morning into perspective. At least I get paid for sitting at my computer. GOod luck.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just hope sections of our support don't dismiss him as useless if he takes a while to recover his full match sharpness. Can't be easy after so long out.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Just hope sections of our support don't dismiss him as useless if he takes a while to recover his full match sharpness.
But they will..... he isn't dear old Ashley....... I for one think he could be a key player this season,.... if he doesnt have any more bad injury luck of course.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But they will..... he isn't dear old Ashley....... I for one think he could be a key player this season,.... if he doesnt have any more bad injury luck of course.

blooming hell has the world ended
we agree
going off the lay down in a dark room with a wet towel

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know this is going to sound horrendously cynical,but, does anybody else find the timing of Hoskins' miraculous recovery a little timely? We know he's made of balsa wood and I'm surprised he's back in training 3 MONTHS ahead of schedule, could it be a play by the club? They know we're short of a striker and due to FFP don't really wan't to spend on one, so to appease the desire for an extra player they announce Hoskins is back. This then leaves us with Ulloa and Obika who are fit and CMS and Hoskins just weeks from action thus erradicating the need to get another striker in. Hope I'm wrong.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I know this is going to sound horrendously cynical,but, does anybody else find the timing of Hoskins' miraculous recovery a little timely? We know he's made of balsa wood and I'm surprised he's back in training 3 MONTHS ahead of schedule, could it be a play by the club? They know we're short of a striker and due to FFP don't really wan't to spend on one, so to appease the desire for an extra player they announce Hoskins is back. This then leaves us with Ulloa and Obika who are fit and CMS and Hoskins just weeks from action thus erradicating the need to get another striker in. Hope I'm wrong.

Not sure CF is our weakest area. We really need some better options out wide and 2 more in centre mid especially if Bridcutt goes. Unless we are changing formation or Ulloa is injured then i think we will cope till CMS returns.
Even if Hoskins is 3 months ahead of schedual i can not see him making a match day squad before March.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Conversely could it be the club know more than us about the players and their injuries and because of this they took the money for Barnes expecting both to be back in 1st team contention very soon, and Barnes would then be surplus to requirements.

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Except Hoskins announced he was back via evil Twitter.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not sure CF is our weakest area. We really need some better options out wide and 2 more in centre mid especially if Bridcutt goes. Unless we are changing formation or Ulloa is injured then i think we will cope till CMS returns.
Even if Hoskins is 3 months ahead of schedual i can not see him making a match day squad before March.

You're right about back up for the wide men; Ulloa is easy to defend against when there are no crosses being put in. He would have scored a hatful during Comway's loan period.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think Hoskins will be a great player if he can stay fit.

He tore us apart at Brizzle rovers that day...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Only the dumbest fan would think that a player is deemed 'back' the same day he starts training after a lengthy lay off following ACL repair.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Hoskins will be a great player if he can stay fit.

He tore us apart at Brizzle rovers that day...

Two really good goals, but 'tore us apart' is not quite true, is it? We WON 4-2, and it could have been 8.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Hans,

well he made our defence look silly - which not many teams
that season accomplished.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I can see where you're coming from - but it was from Will's Twitter account directly, not an 'official' channel- which makes me feel it's more genuine than simply a ploy to deflect any transfer activity away from the fans.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I can see where you're coming from - but it was from Will's Twitter account directly, not an 'official' channel- which makes me feel it's more genuine than simply a ploy to deflect any transfer activity away from the fans.
I wonder if he has declared himself fit, as it's kind of his last chance to prove himself before being out of contract.
It seems weird the club doctor is silent and the seagulls news seem to be quoting his personal twitter account.

Anyway, hope he makes it and proves me wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here