Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Is this the same COGNOSCENTI that called Murray "One in ten Glenn"? :smile:

In this case it seems the COGNOSCENTI have found their glasses though.

At the time he was indeed "One in ten Glenn". Totally accurate. Same way the COGNOSCENTI christened J. Gatting "Slow Joe" and rightly called that he wasn't in the right profession, let alone the right club.

Having said that, the COGNOSCENTI would nowadays bite yer hand off if you offered the player exchange of an injured Murray for an injured CMS. Because one will come good again, and the other never did.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wish him all the best. Really liked him when I saw him play against us for Bristol Rovers in the season before he signed.

Let's hope he maintains fitness and gets the chance to show us what he can do.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Great news ! IMO we ought to "Pluck" a young promising forward from non league,etc to give us our 4strikers.(I know ,i know our record is not good )....worth the punt.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Agreed. I would think he'll still need a good 2/3 months of training and d/s games before he's ready.

He and CMS have been focussed ob strength training and will have done a fair amount of stamina work as part of their recuperation. I would be surprised if it took miore than a couple of DS friendlies before they are ready for the bench - mid February I reckon.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Hoskins always performs well on my FM! This means nothing obviously, bit it constantly reminds me of his terrible luck.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm usually thinking of Brighton's interests when a player returns from injury, but Hoskins has been out so much I just hope he's able to recover and have a good career.

What a lovely post. Not even a hint of pedantry in it. Does this mean your standards are slipping, or improving?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I was chuffed when I read this on Twitter. If he can get and stay fit there is a quality player in Hoskins. For himself and the club I hope things go to plan and he is playing again soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a lovely post. Not even a hint of pedantry in it. Does this mean your standards are slipping, or improving?
I don't know what came over me, I apologise. If Hoskins had a decent bone in his body he'd return all his wages and make a public apology to the fans.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
At the time he was indeed "One in ten Glenn". Totally accurate. Same way the COGNOSCENTI christened J. Gatting "Slow Joe" and rightly called that he wasn't in the right profession, let alone the right club.

Having said that, the COGNOSCENTI would nowadays bite yer hand off if you offered the player exchange of an injured Murray for an injured CMS. Because one will come good again, and the other never did.

Why are you criticising CMS? He got 11 goals last season before his injury, 11 in 29, not bad at all, is it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't know what came over me, I apologise. If Hoskins had a decent bone in his body he'd return all his wages and make a public apology to the fans.

Or just score the goals that win the playoffs...

Best wishes on his recovery as well.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He and CMS have been focussed ob strength training and will have done a fair amount of stamina work as part of their recuperation. I would be surprised if it took miore than a couple of DS friendlies before they are ready for the bench - mid February I reckon.

Poor old Obika won't get anywhere near the first team now. He will end up like Lita .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Poor old Obika won't get anywhere near the first team now. He will end up like Lita .

Maybe, but it won't be because of Hoskins. The man is about to have his first proper training session in over a year. It's not like you breaking a leg and rejoining your fat, chain-smoking pub mates for a knockabout, you know. He has to get up to the speed of professional players who've been in full time training & playing since July.

Some Palace fans were saying this week that Glenn Murray is still at least a month from playing despite being ahead of Hoskins. Similar sort of injury (ACL). So I'm sort of expecting Hoskins to be not too different.

Good luck to the lad, always looked great against us for Rovers, seems to have run over a few black cats since he's been here though. Do I think he'll be the star of the second half of our season? Almost certainly not. But I'd be very happy to see him get back to full health and playing for a contract next season, be that with us or somewhere else. He deserves that bit of good fortune for a change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here