Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Wouldn't it be great if Hoskins & CMS prove all of the doubters wrong? Fully fit they'd be two of the best strikers in the division. The Hoskins goal against Newcastle and CMS's goal against Burnley last season were sublime.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Some answers please?

1/ Which manager signed Will Hoskins [was it Poyet?]

2/ When is his contract up? [is it end of this season, or next?]

3/ Is his ACL injury similar to little Hinsh? - remember he came back to play 1st team but less than a handful of games before it went again.

4/ When a player gets a long term injury like this, doesn't the insurance pay some / all his wages?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Unfortunately, on Hoskins' return, I will always wince every time he is involved in a tackle.
That's if he makes it past pre match warm up!
How many games, on average, does he usually have before a breakdown?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I like Will, look forward to his return etc. But surely he's barely played any games at Championship level? Unfair to see him as a returning Messiah, but look forward to seeing what he can do.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
Some answers please?

3/ Is his ACL injury similar to little Hinsh? - remember he came back to play 1st team but less than a handful of games before it went again.

4/ When a player gets a long term injury like this, doesn't the insurance pay some / all his wages?

5/ you have access to the internet, but cannot look at google/wiki ?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Always liked the look of Hoskins whenver i have seen him, hoping that he can put his injury worries behind him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some answers please?

1. Yes it was Poyet in June 2011
2. At the end of this season
3. Lots of players have ACL injuries, some go on to make a complete recovery, others have recurring problems for the rest of their career.
4. I thought it was covered but have been told by others who know more about football finance that it doesn't.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Some answers please?

1. Poyet

2. In June

3. No idea ???

4. Depends as to what insurance policy was taken out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd imagine that most players have personal policies that give a payout if they get a career ending injury, but I'm sceptical that insurance policies exist that pay wages of an injured player. Insurance companies exist to make money; premiums on such cover would be horrendous.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Just seen the whole squad waiting at the bus stop in hickstead. Hoskins was there in tracksuit. Is he fit to play?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not sure CF is our weakest area. We really need some better options out wide and 2 more in centre mid especially if Bridcutt goes. Unless we are changing formation or Ulloa is injured then i think we will cope till CMS returns.
Even if Hoskins is 3 months ahead of schedual i can not see him making a match day squad before March.

I'm amazed anyone thinks anything other than defence is our weakest area.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Unfortunately, on Hoskins' return, I will always wince every time he is involved in a tackle.
That's if he makes it past pre match warm up!
How many games, on average, does he usually have before a breakdown?
Think you're being a bit harsh on him there. He has no record of being injury prone and has just been very unlucky here.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm amazed anyone thinks anything other than defence is our weakest area.

Interesting point. In essence the whole back 4 does need replacing in the long run. Something which will need addressing. However this window we may get away with it till the summer

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Surprised to see Will Hoskins is now at Hemel Hempstead Town and was in the line-up that faced Bognor Regis Town in the FA Trophy today:-

[TWEET]934431154031267840[/TWEET]

Lining-up for Bognor was former Albion youngster Jimmy Muitt, who played a handful of matches alongside Hoskins for Albion's development squad in February/March 2014. I wonder if Hoskins would have had any idea who Muitt was, or whether he wouldn't know him from Adam?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here