Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Baird

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You all seem to be having a pop at BW about a quick centre back when all he is doing is re itterating what OG has said our back four is too slow hence we can get caught on the break as .we have nobody quick enough to get back goal side of a striker. Also you ard indirectly agreeing with him that we could do better, which we could if we signed somebody like Gary Cahill, most unlikely but possible. So what he is saying is correct we could do better as I say unlikely but possible.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No. We want a pacey centre back who is also good in the air and marking..

They're easy to find.

1. Sell Bridcutt for £3mill
2. Hop in the time machine, go back a year
3. Up our bid for Virgil Van Dijk by £500,000
4. Come back to the future again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1. Sell Bridcutt for £3mill
2. Hop in the time machine, go back a year
3. Up our bid for Virgil Van Dijk by £500,000
4. Come back to the future again.

If only... still, there must be other Dick Van Dyke's out there... and Chris Baird...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Let me try again. I THINK we can do better than Chris Baird. IF he's a short-term fix (Reading signed him for 4 months, so why not us?) THEN fair enough, but I would prefer us to invest in a younger player with more pace. An investment for the future, with potential to play in our first team and replace our ageing (central) defence at the appropriate time. A player with potential resale value too. I see that as a valid alternative but, hey, others are entitled to say Chris Baird is the best option in their OPINION.

Be careful what you wish for - you could be going from Baird to worse.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Decent player Chris Baird IMO and can also do a job as a defensive midfielder if required. Always useful to have that sort of experience around at the business end of the season.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Signed for Burnley until the end of the season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yet again BW and Sean Dysche disagree on the ability of a player.
I just can't decide who's opinion I value more.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will probably be ok on a short term contract as an emergency but not a player I would have wanted for longer than a couple of months as emergency cover against injury as we have 3 competant centre backs

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yet again BW and Sean Dysche disagree on the ability of a player.
I just can't decide who's opinion I value more.

Hmmm. Well, you could compare Burnley's manager to anyone on here, including yourself, and say exactly the same thing. Fact is, we didn't get Baird (did we even try that hard?), and I'm glad we didn't, since we now have Dunk playing very well.

BTW, your hero Barnes has really set the world alight at Burnley, hasn't he? And we have two far, far better strikers coming back from injury. I'll trust Oscar's and Burke's judgement over yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here