Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This really is shocking and should be stopped!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Police are on there wanting people to report it. But they can see it literally for themselves, so why don't they just get on with investigating the sources and then bringing these internet cowards to justice?

Because more often than not the tweets get deleted. They need to go through Twitter to get official proof that they were sent.

Taking 6 weeks takes the piss though.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some real low life on there.

Twitter is hard to police, in many cases deleting accounts is all they can do..

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not a particular fan of Stan however the abuse he is getting is horrific. If someone on the streets shouted that they could expect to end up in court. People posting on twitter should be no different.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Twitter is a blank wall for people to write on. Rightly, the police should be contacted in these instances.

Will you sue the phone companies if you receive abusive texts?

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
To see that abuse in this day and age is unbelievable and disgusting at the same time, I actually like and use Twitter, but when that abuse can be posted then action needs to be taken against such morons.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Collymore's additional gripe - and it's totally understandable - is that while he feels the police are acting quickly and decisively, Twitter, who were asked six weeks ago to supply the police with information, have yet to respond.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Twitter is a blank wall for people to write on. Rightly, the police should be contacted in these instances.

Will you sue the phone companies if you receive abusive texts?

No but if I found it offensive enough (though I do a thicker skin than the whingers who appear to take joy in taking offence)
Then I'd hope the phone company would co-operate with the police to find the culprit if they were unknown to me

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's assuming the culprits are in the UK, outside of that how do you police twitter (if they care at all?)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Seriously, what actual purpose does Twitter serve? #honestquestion

I use it for two things: Albion news and SQL Server news/advice.

Its a useful tool if you can keep clear of all the nonsense on there.

I believe social media is an amazing creation. It allows the world to be connected in ways never thought possible 60 years ago. The downside is that it provides people with a soapbox from which to spew hatred and idiocy.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I use it for two things: Albion news and SQL Server news/advice.

Its a useful tool if you can keep clear of all the nonsense on there.

I believe social media is an amazing creation. It allows the world to be connected in ways never thought possible 60 years ago. The downside is that it provides people with a soapbox from which to spew hatred and idiocy.

Yes indeed. It has also resulted in people expecting to know everything as soon as it happens (well that and 24 hour news channels), which I suppose is a good thing but can also be abused. Certainly Twitter and Facebook are very useful in circulating anything quickly, include lies of course.

I agree, and am a big fan/user of Facebook.

With Twitter I just don't get the whole 'following' thing. I don't care what most of my friends have had for dinner, let alone some B List celebrity that I've never met. And of course, as you say, it provides a platform for people that really shouldn't have one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here