Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland offer

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sounds like a truly BONKERS bit o' biz to me, but I certainly wouldn't say no. For me, the biggest question mark I would have over Wickham (apart for the wages) is whether he really fancies coming down here to a soccerballin' minnow. Apart from anything else, he's been doing exceptionally well at Sheffield Tuesbury: & they're the biggest club in the whole known fooking universe! :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see there is speculation on the Sunderland forum that we have asked for £4m plus Wickham - just for Bridcutt, with no mention of Buckley. That seems a tad optimistic from our point of view, but could be our counter offer.

Could be right if it was just a LOAN of Wickham, to sweeten the Bridcutt deal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe that we would get £2m plus Wickham, making the deal worth about 5 -6m for Bridcutt &Buckley both untried in the Premier. It sounds too good to be true and I am sure TB would accept that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I can't see us complicating any player contra deal negotiations with Poyet, just money for his honey.

I'm sure a deal will be agreed eventually - and hopefully in time for us to do some transfer business of our own with the dosh from the Bridcutt deal.

Meanwhile I also imagine that Tony Bloom is happy to play hardball for a few days against Gus, also knowing that we will happily take Sunderland's cash.

I take satisfaction that the Albion did very good business on Bridcutt. He served us well on the pitch and we can now make a handsome profit that we can use for our future.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I'm not saying the o/p hasn't heard/read/was told this, but its horse shit. A twitter rumour.

Like somebody else has already pointed out, Wickham is an England u-21 striker, brought for £8m - there is no way he is coming for LB & WB + £3m.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Courtesy of BBC Sussex Sport - Mail say £5m deal for @OfficialBHAFC Bridcutt to Sunderland "close"; could be funded by Forest swoop for Wickham & Vaughan #northstandchat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here