Palace and FFP (again)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Biggest squad in Europe? Hopefully a recipe for disaster

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What has happened with Williams this season? Big fan of his, but doesn't seem to have made any impact that I've noticed. I don't really watch MOTD though so may have missed something. Still plagued with injury troubles?

Got injured playing for Wales in September, had a few Cameos, but with the midfield played quite well at the moment hasnt managed to force his way back in the starting line up, which might not be a bad thing after 2 injury hit seasons. There are a few youngsters making the bench but now is not the time I suppose!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Got injured playing for Wales in September, had a few Cameos, but with the midfield played quite well at the moment hasnt managed to force his way back in the starting line up, which might not be a bad thing after 2 injury hit seasons. There are a few youngsters making the bench but now is not the time I suppose!!

Saw he's signed a long term deal the other day. Do think he might be one of those that never reaches their potential as they're just too fragile.

How about Campana?? He's a brilliant player but not really a Pulis type I guess

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Saw he's signed a long term deal the other day. Do think he might be one of those that never reaches their potential as they're just too fragile.

How about Campana?? He's a brilliant player but not really a Pulis type I guess

I have a horrible feeling about Williams, as having watched Palace for 40 years have seen this happen to young starletts before...would be such a shame as he looks so good when fit.

Campana...I know very little about, maybe a bit of a Billy big bollox ??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a horrible feeling about Williams, as having watched Palace for 40 years have seen this happen to young starletts before...would be such a shame as he looks so good when fit.

Campana...I know very little about, maybe a bit of a Billy big bollox ??

I thought Williams looked superb the first time I saw him, but he seems to have struggled for consistency since then.

Looks like Glenn could be back for 8 Feb according to reports.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I would like to think we'll be going for quality rather than quantity.

A lack of quantity is what got us relegated in the PL back in 2005, whilst we have invested in some utter rubbish like Elliot Grandin (please sign him), a pretty horrendous run of injuries meant having such a large squad has started to benefit us.

If you end up getting promoted in the near future, I think you'll be in for a shock at how much a "quality" player will cost you. Shane Long is on 50k a week at Hull being an example, we're trying to sign Scott Dann from a Championship side and he's on 35k a week, the market is truly mental.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I truly hope that the Albion have a crack legal team on standby to sue the pants off the governing bodies if we trot into FFP line and none of our direct competitors do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here