Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how bad is it in the dressing room at the moment?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
El Abd is such a gentleman...off the pitch, we will miss him both on and off the pitch. I found that article quite touching.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ooops sorry OP but this couldnt have come at a worse time?

El-Abd backs Albion to make play-offs

2:30pm Tuesday 21st January 2014 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Adam El-Abd Adam El-Abd has predicted Albion will make the Championship play-offs again.

And he has hailed the cosmopolitan mix in the dressing room as the best he has been involved in.

El-Abd played a key role after Christmas last season, deputising for a chunk of games when captain Gordon Greer was injured.

History will not repeat itself from a personal perspective this season following the long-serving central defender’s move to League One strugglers Bristol City last week in search of regular football.

But El-Abd believes another top six finish is plausible for the Seagulls without him.

He told The Argus: “I am sure they will get into the play-offs and you never know, with a little bit of luck, maybe beyond that.

“It’s been the best dressing room I have ever been involved in. I love every single one of the lads in there and that is a real sad point for me because I don’t think I will get a dressing room like that again."

:cry:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sooooo, my notion doesn't sound too stupid now.

NJ seeming frustrated, Andrews, Kemy. So I ask again, how bad is it in the back rooms?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA

NJ seeming frustrated, Andrews, Kemy. So I ask again, how bad is it in the back rooms?

Seeiously, we just got a draw away at Burnley, we lost away at Watford. Yes we have fallen a bit behind but dont equate frustration and a slight dip in form as 'we are about to self implode'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 wins against doncaster and leeds and this supposed 'unhappy dressing room' will be a lot more jovial.

D

Deleted member 22389

Lot of stuff coming out in The Argus last week about the players not being happy due to lack of signings. Is it really that? Players unhappy because they are not being picked.

May be the players just don't understand the system they are expected to play and are getting frustrated by it and can't say anything, because the players we have are a damn sight better than this. If players don't understand the system that is then down to communication.

Let's be honest there have a been quite a few games at The Amex this season where we didn't appear to have any shape whatsoever. Just players running round and round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can make a case that it adds more weight to Tony Adams point:-

A teams not a team until you have at least 7 players prepared to fight the opposition in the tunnel.

Or in this case, 7 players to keep the rest in order.
Taking 3 first teamers out of the fighting squad (Barnes El Abd & Crofts) has given the pipsqueaks a sense of entitlement.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?243256-You-need-7&highlight=Alan+Davies

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

You haven't listened though have you. "How bad is it in the back rooms"! And the cherry on the top? A little smugness where it really isn't deserved.

Is it possible that this is a dip in form during which no-one would be happy?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yet more posters talking about problems in the dressing room originating from the last few months, worth a bump I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here