Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how bad is it in the dressing room at the moment?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont understand this negative vibe from people on NSC

This time last season we drew 1-1 A v Blackburn (22/1/2013) and we were 7th and 4 points off the play offs.

Today we are 7th and 2 points off the play offs yet everyone predicting doom and gloom.

A very good point.

When you take a step back and look at where we are, it is a lot higher than we have been in almost our entire history. And we are watching that in a state of the art, wonderful stadium.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not everyone Mr Blobby, just a few pessimists

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

This time last season we drew 1-1 A v Blackburn (22/1/2013) and we were 7th and 4 points off the play offs.

Today we are 7th and 2 points off the play offs yet everyone predicting doom and gloom.

Some people have an agenda, and others are just miserable individuals who love to moan.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Some people have an agenda, and others are just miserable individuals who love to moan.

Maybe a tad harsh.... some, myself included, think that it's just really unlikely that we will match the miraculous last 19 games of last season in terms of points picked up unless we strengthen the squad a bit in the next two weeks, unless those currently injured come back at close to 100% pretty damn quickly, which is highly unlikely.

Established1982

Jul 30, 2011
Agree with all those who say they don't understand the negativity. A few points:

- Gutted to lose AEA but he wants to play and I really respect that. Bristol City have got a great player and I will look out for their results for as long as he's still there. He needs to go on the Dick's Window or elsewhere at the Amex.

- We're in a strong position in the league. Someone will drop off and we can take advantage. Long way to go yet etc..

- Fifth round of the cup and a crackerjack tie is a distinct possibility. That will be great.

- Still 11 days to go in the transfer window.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Interesting this. The ones with over 10k posts are very rude and obnoxious, why?

I'm asking the question, it's not a tough one and it's not one for such rude answers. For the record, yes Ward and Andrews, but I am pretty sure you're all aware of our prior affinity with the Spanish influx, which is what I was referring to.

Although in reference to a few points, the 'not bothered' mentality refers to that of Bridcutt, AEA leaving (which may have been for football, not due to his attitude, as has already been stated by myself) Grabban not wanting to come here and everyone saying Ulloa looks like a waste of space and needs shooting, fellow fans words not mine.

Btw, fun fact, if you don't react and respond like an absolute tosser, I suspect others won't think you are one, so quality first impression there Hans chap.

As others have alluded to, you brought it on yourself by the negative thread title. Virtually every question you asked that followed is done so with a negative slant. As for this mid season squad overhaul, have I missed something? One player has left who is permanently on the bench except when covering for injuries. Another who has had a longer run in the team but again mainly due to an injury to Ulloa and Bridcutt whom we have already known wants to go on to higher things. Three players is hardly a squad overhaul. With regard to Bridcutt, we didn't stop Croft or Bennett in years gone by. The only problem is that Sunderland haven't met our valuation and it is dragging on (the other factor is, of course, the Poyet effect which may also cloud some peoples judgement).

If you don't like negative feedback then don't pose negative questions!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This, this, this

The extent to which some people will go to extract negativity from our current situation is ridiculous

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe a tad harsh.... some, myself included, think that it's just really unlikely that we will match the miraculous last 19 games of last season in terms of points picked up unless we strengthen the squad a bit in the next two weeks, unless those currently injured come back at close to 100% pretty damn quickly, which is highly unlikely.

Agreed. That is a realistic appreciation of our position. An automatic promotion place may be gone and matching 4th would require a heck of a run in.

However I am very hopeful that we will continue to flirt with the play off places which considering the circumstances could be an even greater achievement than 4th place was last season.

No reason to suggest there is significant disharmony in the dressing room, just disappointment all round at Saturdays result. Move on, beat Port Vale and get some points at Burnley and Watford.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was probably because he wanted guaranteed starts. Everything else about the contract would have been agreed to in principle.

I'd go with that, with no inside knowledge whatsoever though. Also some players prefer to be a big fish in a small pond, maybe he is one of them. That is not meant as a put down to Bournemouth btw but a player with real ambition is unlikely to want to play at Dean Court where survival in this division is the aim rather than the Amex where the goal is promotion. Maybe I am just biased though :smile:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't ask people on here. Most will just guess. Who knows?

Before the Derby game we were in a great position for the circumstances the club have had this season. Then we narrowly lost away to a fellow play-off contender. We are therefore only 3 points away from a great position. Simple as that.

It's a storm in a teacup on NSC this week.

Ps, we are not settling into being a mediocre championship side, we are (and should be for a while) one of the hardest teams to play in this league. We will also strengthen the squad before the window closes in all likelihood.

Good man :thumbsup:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
NSC is a peculiar beast - some people will not be happy unless we are clear at the top of the PL, even then they'll probably complain about something. Yes, I am being facetious.

Personally, i said at the start of the season that a top 10 finish would be acceptable (given the unrest during the close season) and with our injuries etc i'd still take that. If we can make the play-offs for the second successive season (did anyone think we'd be doing that a few years ago?) then that's an added bonus.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Personally, i said at the start of the season that a top 10 finish would be acceptable (given the unrest during the close season) and with our injuries etc i'd still take that. If we can make the play-offs for the second successive season (did anyone think we'd be doing that a few years ago?) then that's an added bonus.

Completely agree.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't ask people on here. Most will just guess. Who knows?

Before the Derby game we were in a great position for the circumstances the club have had this season. Then we narrowly lost away to a fellow play-off contender. We are therefore only 3 points away from a great position. Simple as that.

It's a storm in a teacup on NSC this week.

Ps, we are not settling into being a mediocre championship side, we are (and should be for a while) one of the hardest teams to play in this league. We will also strengthen the squad before the window closes in all likelihood.

Good man :thumbsup:

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Let's face it, anyone posting here on the BHA dressing room vibe is speculating, but I took quite a bit of comfort when seeing the team's reaction to David's free-kick third goal away at Doncaster.
The team seemed more together and delighted at the win than last year's, as I remember it.

... and when it comes to transfer speculation - I'd hope our chairman is keeping his cards close as possible to his chest....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Sure the OP may have worded the thread title somewhat aggressively, however some of the rather abrupt responses towards him, from some on here, are IMO over the top.

Whilst I'm delighted overall with our position, one does have to look at what's happened over the last fortnight, and personally I'm sure that morale has dropped somewhat:

Our player of the year for the past two seasons wants to leave, and now says his head is not right enough to enable him to play.

Our best player this season is out injured for the remainder of the season.

Barnes leaves. We know the reasons and wish him luck.

AEA, a big character in the dressing room leaves. Again we know the reasons.

We lose out on a striker, in what we are told is more or less a done deal.

I don't want the club to sign anyone for the sake of it, but we do need the Bridcutt issue resolved this week, and two quality players in.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Imagine if we were playing in another county and looking forward to coming back to an Athletics track holding 6,000 people with chuff all money and no draw for even mediocre players?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ooops sorry OP but this couldnt have come at a worse time?

El-Abd backs Albion to make play-offs

2:30pm Tuesday 21st January 2014 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Adam El-Abd Adam El-Abd has predicted Albion will make the Championship play-offs again.

And he has hailed the cosmopolitan mix in the dressing room as the best he has been involved in.

El-Abd played a key role after Christmas last season, deputising for a chunk of games when captain Gordon Greer was injured.

History will not repeat itself from a personal perspective this season following the long-serving central defender’s move to League One strugglers Bristol City last week in search of regular football.

But El-Abd believes another top six finish is plausible for the Seagulls without him.

He told The Argus: “I am sure they will get into the play-offs and you never know, with a little bit of luck, maybe beyond that.

“It’s been the best dressing room I have ever been involved in. I love every single one of the lads in there and that is a real sad point for me because I don’t think I will get a dressing room like that again."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ooops sorry OP but this couldnt have come at a worse time?

El-Abd backs Albion to make play-offs

2:30pm Tuesday 21st January 2014 in Sport By Andy Naylor

Adam El-Abd Adam El-Abd has predicted Albion will make the Championship play-offs again.

And he has hailed the cosmopolitan mix in the dressing room as the best he has been involved in.

El-Abd played a key role after Christmas last season, deputising for a chunk of games when captain Gordon Greer was injured.

History will not repeat itself from a personal perspective this season following the long-serving central defender’s move to League One strugglers Bristol City last week in search of regular football.

But El-Abd believes another top six finish is plausible for the Seagulls without him.

He told The Argus: “I am sure they will get into the play-offs and you never know, with a little bit of luck, maybe beyond that.

“It’s been the best dressing room I have ever been involved in. I love every single one of the lads in there and that is a real sad point for me because I don’t think I will get a dressing room like that again."

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here