Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how bad is it in the dressing room at the moment?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Load of shit.

Bullseye.

100% THIS.
:clap:

Sums it up. End of thread.

Btw, fun fact, if you don't react and respond like an absolute tosser, I suspect others won't think you are one, so quality first impression there Hans chap.

Interestingly, all of the responses to my post, do not seem to bear that out.

Seemingly they all too, think that your thread is unecessarily negative, and full of inaccuracies and pointless conjecture.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
For anyone ITK, is it bad? Or is it just a case of us being disgracefully unlucky over the past 9 months.

Gus leaving and the overhaul of that during the off season, the obvious squad overhaul taking place right now in the middle of the season.

Is it a case of Gus men wanting out? A change in policy in regards to transfers not making potential signings see a strong future here? We haven't gone for a foreigner since Gus left, only Championship journeymen, is that going to be the way going forward and is that why some players aren't that bothered anymore?

El Abd leaving because he wants to play or because the club has changed into something he dislikes?
Grabban wanting more money or somehow something seriously wrong made it seem like Bournemouth have more of a ceiling that us?
Lack of foreign talent because we haven't found anyone suitable or because were not going down that path anymore and settling into being a mediocre Championship side?

It certainly felt to me like the players did NOT seem happy after Derby this week, not much interest in coming to clap the fans, is it just frustration with our luck of the draw at the minute or have they lost faith in the higher ups vision?

By the way, to be 7th after the trauma we've had in these past 9 months is tremendous and I have every faith in Oscar. I also think TB is absolutely THE MAN. But I thought I'd see if anyone else feels like this or it is just a case of misfortune?

There isn't one hard and fast fact to back up your contention, merely a bunch of loaded questions and meaningless conjecture.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It certainly felt to me like the players did NOT seem happy after Derby this week, not much interest in coming to clap the fans, is it just frustration with our luck of the draw at the minute or have they lost faith in the higher ups vision?

If any player WAS happy after losing, I would not want them at the club.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Pure conjecture, but what if Barnes had left a dirty jock strap, plus his half eaten sandwiches in his locker ? If he has one near the radiator, things could be getting a little unpleasant by now. You would think the club, would clear out old lockers, pretty sharpish, but I recall there were rumours we were going to re-sign Murray, but it turned out he was on a final warning and had come back to clear out his old locker.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Deary me. I wasn't stating facts I was asking questions.

Also to portray my initial post as a seething black hole of depression is mad banter, I literally say I am in support of the staff.

Enjoy your days, if at all possible with the venom some of you possess inside you, and any mod able to delete the thread would be class, let's get back to only the regulars and their topics. Cheers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Also to portray my initial post as a seething black hole of depression is mad banter, I literally say I am in support of the staff.

Enjoy your days, if at all possible with the venom some of you possess inside you, and any mod able to delete the thread would be class, let's get back to only the regulars and their topics. Cheers.

Bless.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Venom? I think people are just bewildered that you seem to have come to the conclusion there is some sort of issue in the dressing room, because some of the players weren't that enthusiastic to go and clap the fans after a defeat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the games I've seen the players are pretty committed. We have been playing with a depleted squad for most of the season and then when nearly everyone was back the transfer window started, Crofts got a season ending injury, Barnes decided his future lay elsewhere as did El Abd. It's frustrating but I wouldn't read anymore into it than "shit happens".

I struggle to believe TB has invested over 100 million into the infrastructure, the managers and the players to start pissing about in the transfer window, there will be reasons why we haven't signed anyone yet but the club WILL be working on it.

From what I've seen the team spirit seems pretty good and the players seem to want to play for Oscar, just because a few have a bad game now and then doesn't mean the wheels are coming off :shrug:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think whenever you change manager there will come a time when some players who were popular and close to the former manager will perhaps realise they are less important to the new boss. I guess this was perhaps the case with Ashley Barnes and Adam El Abd - although El Abd lost his place after the arrival of Matthew Upson once he and Gordon Greer established their impressive partnership. Liam Bridcutt would be the other person fans would identify as a Poyet player and, well, we know what is happening there.

Nothing major, nothing to worry about too much. Just something which tends to happen when managers change. I don't think it signifies any unrest in the dressing room. Just that some players realise they need to move to perhaps get the regular football they want. Or, in Bridcutt's case, to link up with the old manager in a higher division.

I suspect the speculation around Bridcutt, the injury to Crofts and losing a big personality like El Abd probably have unsettled/impacted on some players. No players want to be without the squad's best or popular players. But not to a level where it is anything to worry about in the long-term. Just something which happens at every club from time to time. Nothing a few wins wouldn't solve.

And for other players it might be a boost. People like Lewis Dunk, Jake Forster-Caskey etc have probably got a bit of a boost as they are now nearer the first team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Look at the thread title.

Not... "Is it bad in the dressing room?", not even "How bad is it in the dressing room?" - the assumption being that the dressing room is a bad place. It's "Just how bad is it in the dressing room?"; an assumption that not only is it bad, but with an air of incredulity that it's so bad, no-one can truly measure it.

Then your opening post asked a load of lop-sided questions, with no sense of open-mindedness to them, offering loaded considerations over issues which may or may not exist. More than that, you offer no evidence to back up your loaded contentions.

The venom is all from you.

Not... "Is it bad in the dressing room?", not even "How bad is it in the dressing room?" - the assumption being that the dressing room is a bad place. It's "Just how bad is it in the dressing room?"; an assumption that not only is it bad, but with an air of incredulity that it's so bad, no-one can truly measure it.

Then your opening post asked a load of lop-sided questions, with no sense of open-mindedness to them, offering loaded considerations over issues which may or may not exist. More than that, you offer no evidence to back up your loaded contentions.

Its not looking good though is it????

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I have to say this is exactly how I read your OP too, Viper. I'm new to NSC, but have found the old-timers to be welcoming, friendly and helpful to me and other people who have recently joined the community providing you come across as open, inquisitive and have something somewhat interesting to say. Oh, being funny helps - and there, I fail!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

I actually think you posed some reasonable questions, many of which already feature in other threads and are worthy of discussion, albeit somewhat speculative. However it was the title of your post that seems unnecessarily 'tabloid-esque'. But at least you haven't labelled you a 'bedwetter'......yet.

Regarding the theme of your post I feel were are in a temporary situation with a makeshift team and maybe there is some uncertainty and frustration, but this is mainly on the terraces rather than in the dressing room. I can forgive the players for being fed up after a narrow defeat, but on the whole we are doing remarkably well considering the resources that Oscar has had to make do with.

I would suggest the players are much better informed than we are about the current situation. If there is an atmosphere in the dressing room I suspect we would be hearing much more substantive evidence of this in the media or spread by players agents, but we are not.

I do agree with the other thread about the Club not communicating its ambitions as clearly as it might. The lack of hard information at the moment does create speculation. However it is not causing me sleepless nights. We are known and admired for being professional and discrete about how we go about our business, our dirty washing and most of our transfer business is conducted well below the radar. The latter is very understandable given how financially efficient we are seeking to become and how easy it will be to get gazumped, or drawn into a bidding war especially by Clubs with bigger cheque books when they panic buy as the transfer deadline approaches.

Our business style reflects that of our Chairman. Highly discrete and quietly effective. Doesn't mean things aren't progressing behind the scenes. But can be a bit frustrating at this pivotal time of the season when fans are hoping we will find a second wind and kick on to the next level.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My take on the Grabban incident is him and his agent took us for a ride with the sole priority to get a better contract with Bournemouth, I believe whichever club activited the 1.1M clause would have been taken for the same ride. Its a shame it wasnt Blackpool or Middlesborough to have given him a trek up there rather than a drive along the coast.

I dont, I reckon had we offered him a 3 year deal he'd be our player now.

We didn't so that was that.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh heck, I've just noticed we're 7th in The Championship, still in the FA Cup, playing in a £93m state of the art stadium, there's an £8m state of the art training complex on the horizon .... we've a good stock of developing young players and we're selling more tickets than anyone else, PANIC EVERYONE RUN FOR THE ******** HILLS!

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I dont understand this negative vibe from people on NSC

This time last season we drew 1-1 A v Blackburn (22/1/2013) and we were 7th and 4 points off the play offs.

Today we are 7th and 2 points off the play offs yet everyone predicting doom and gloom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here