Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No - too expensive

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Struggling here.
I'm competitive so yes I want us to go up. But as someone said on another thread, we are playing well in a very tough league wehre every game is a genuine contest and I am loving it and look forward to every game.
The EPL on the other hand is two leagues in one with a few clubs competing to win and the majority battling not to lose. Do I really want to follow the club in a league where we would probably "accept" losing half our games and hope to scrap for enough points from the rest to survive? Probably yes is the answer but it's by no means a gimme.......

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm amazed 10% sat No TBH. Quitters!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think the Championship is a bit more exciting than the premiership tbh...dont find premiership matches that interesting anymore.
At least in the Championship theres effort, hope, and expectation...premier league seems to be a matter of financial survival.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm in the yes camp, but only just. From a pure footballing aspect I definitely want us to go up, why wouldn't I. You want your team to progress as high as possible. Premiership, Champions League, always striving for it to be better.

But with two children who want to go to every game, I really do fear the financial impact of that. Especially as one is hitting 16 and will be into adult rates, whilst not being able to afford it himself.

I think the club need to make it easier to go to games financially. Given the huge increase in telly money when you go up, why should there be a hike in ticket prices?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I couldn't really give a monkeys either way, however knowing what this place is like after we have lost to derby, it will implode if we go up and end up losing more than we win.

You can imagine the comments

" come on bloom spend your money"
" oh look some non description player from Nigeria has just signed for £20 million and he is shit"

Actually bring it on just for the entertainment value

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes, and we should do this in a sustainable way in the next 5 years .... please!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey, who are the 11% who voted 'no'? Visiting Palace fans? I can't believe any Brighton fan after the defeat by Derby said "Phew, thank God we lost and are now out of the top six. Let's hope we lose against Burnley, and then lose the next three or four just to make sure. However only when we are comfortably in mid-table and the spectre of Premiership football has been vanquished for another season will I be as relieved as I was after the play-off 2nd leg against Palace."

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'm amazed 10% sat No TBH. Quitters!

Not a quitter, just prefer to keep watching a sport rather than a business. As I've mentioned in other threads the Premier League is massively overrated it's predictable, expensive and treats it's fans (the one's who buy tickets) like shit.

I'd rather play in an open and exciting league where every match I attend I know we have a great chance of winning, rather than just making up the numbers. The inequality between the have's and have not's is quite appaling and the top six or seven is pretty much a closed shop now. Take a look at the top seven those clubs were almost guaranteed those top positions before a ball was kicked this season.

Proof the Premier League is ****ed:-
- Check the odds pre-season anyone outside the perceived six or seven clubs is usually 500/1+ in reality they may as well be 10,000/1 they have no chance whatsoever.
- Points per game average to win the league. Usually 2.3/2.4 again evidence of an uncompetitive league.
- Goal Differences +38 Man City already and we are barely half way through the season. Could end up with a +75 goal difference which again highlights how dominate the big clubs are.

Until the top six **** off to a European Super League the Premier League will always be a league within a league with the rest scrapping for survival taking considerable hidings from the big boys along the way.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I assume the 22 people who said "no" actually are disappointed when we score?

That would be the logical response.

No if we go up we go up, but it would be my least celebrated promotion as I would have very mixed feelings about going up. I still want Brighton to win every game but obviously I'm aware if they do they will reach the Premier League and as I've said before it's not a league I have any desire to be involved with.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, who are the 11% who voted 'no'? Visiting Palace fans? I can't believe any Brighton fan after the defeat by Derby said "Phew, thank God we lost and are now out of the top six. Let's hope we lose against Burnley, and then lose the next three or four just to make sure. However only when we are comfortably in mid-table and the spectre of Premiership football has been vanquished for another season will I be as relieved as I was after the play-off 2nd leg against Palace."

Lol! Brilliant.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not a quitter, just prefer to keep watching a sport rather than a business. As I've mentioned in other threads the Premier League is massively overrated it's predictable, expensive and treats it's fans (the one's who buy tickets) like shit.

I'd rather play in an open and exciting league where every match I attend I know we have a great chance of winning, rather than just making up the numbers. The inequality between the have's and have not's is quite appaling and the top six or seven is pretty much a closed shop now. Take a look at the top seven those clubs were almost guaranteed those top positions before a ball was kicked this season.

Proof the Premier League is ****ed:-
- Check the odds pre-season anyone outside the perceived six or seven clubs is usually 500/1+ in reality they may as well be 10,000/1 they have no chance whatsoever.
- Points per game average to win the league. Usually 2.3/2.4 again evidence of an uncompetitive league.
- Goal Differences +38 Man City already and we are barely half way through the season. Could end up with a +75 goal difference which again highlights how dominate the big clubs are.

Until the top six **** off to a European Super League the Premier League will always be a league within a league with the rest scrapping for survival taking considerable hidings from the big boys along the way.

Quitter!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
But with two children who want to go to every game, I really do fear the financial impact of that. Especially as one is hitting 16 and will be into adult rates, whilst not being able to afford it himself.

Depends on where you sit.. I am in East Upper with my 3 kids and the age is up to 18, not 16. However, I am paying more than elsewhere in the ground for the kids (it's half the adult price). My son has just turned 18, so he can get his own next year, that's one saving, plus he can get his own beer, hot dogs etc and the 16 year old has just got a job, so he can get his own hot dogs (not beer!).. I will be quids in!

Come'on the Premiership!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Me

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd love us to go up (as would most people i'd hope)- but i'm in no great rush. If it takes us a few years to ensure that when we do go up, we're competitive then so be it. Rome weren't built in a day & all that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

For someone who hardly goes to matches, you are posting in an extremely smug way. Fans go to matches for a lot of different reasons. My Dad always said he would prefer to be winning matches near the top of a division than losing lots of matches near the bottom of the one above.
There is a strong financial reason for a lot of fans to want us to stay in the Championship and to be able afford to go to games.
The last time we were in the top division, the crowds dropped considerably after the first two years.

I haven't voted in the poll as none of the above match my views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here