• No - too expensive

Votes: 19 6.6%

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As soon as possible please.
Bit of a pointless question really.
The whole point is to reach the pinnacle, if not then why bother.
You won't progress by standing still, if anything you will go backwards.
In reality it may not happen for years, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Attendances were dropping for most clubs in the early 80's due to crowd violence, the economy etc, not just cos we were losing more games.
Attendances did drop for football as a whole in that period - but not by about 40% which was the drop in five years for us between 1978 and 1983. As someone who was around at the time I can assure you that the overwhelming main reason given by the absent fans as to why they didn't go any more was because we were 'shit'. The novelty of being in the top division had worn off by about Christmas in that first season; people who'd seen us demolish lesser teams for about three years couldn't seem to accept why we couldn't go on doing it. After all we'd done it successfully the last time we went up a division.

Mind you, I'm still glad we won at Newcastle in 1979 and experienced it!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd love us to go up, because it would mean that we have had a great season in the Championship.

I'm not convinced that prices would rise astronomically for STH. At Hull for example you can get a ST for £395-405, West Brom £349, Stoke and Sunderland £400, Newcastle £378, Cardiff £379, Villa £325 and City (although there are conditions attached) £299. With £60 millon guaranteed from TV revenues, clubs don't have to fleece the fans.

Palace stuck their's 20% up to £490, but that seems to be the exception.

I was fortunate enough to be around during our first tenure in the top flight, and the novelty does wear off quite quickly, as was evidenced by the fall in attendances in the 2nd & subsequent seasons.

They've pretty much promised us a substantial price hike haven't they?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Attendances did drop for football as a whole in that period - but not by about 40% which was the drop in five years for us between 1978 and 1983. As someone who was around at the time I can assure you that the overwhelming main reason given by the absent fans as to why they didn't go any more was because we were 'shit'. The novelty of being in the top division had worn off by about Christmas in that first season; people who'd seen us demolish lesser teams for about three years couldn't seem to accept why we couldn't go on doing it. After all we'd done it successfully the last time we went up a division.

Mind you, I'm still glad we won at Newcastle in 1979 and experienced it!
And that was at a time when the top flight was competitive!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
My only objective with the game these days is to have a nice day out with some friends and watch some mildly entertaining football. I am not overly bothered which division this is in to be honest but it would be bloody brilliant to get to the top-flight.

this this this

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, if you've voted no, you're not football fans!!!!!!!

I'll go along with that.

I am not a football fan and haven't been since 1974!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here