Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Jutkiewicz anyone?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Like huddersfield have done with that chap from kidderminster

Indeed. I've seen Joe Lolley play and with some strength work (and as long as they don't train the instinct out of him). I would say he has a real chance...bit like a raw Jamie Vardy (though not as quick) who Leicester took an early chance on and are getting the pay-off now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How many clubs has he had 14 isn't it

No thank you. Bit mercenary given those stats and not good enough.

Surely the clubs in FFP difficulty, Blackburn, Bolton, Birmingham and alike must be ripe for picking! Any players there that meet our requirements?

Chris Burke from Birmingham, winger?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No thank you. Bit mercenary given those stats and not good enough.

Surely the clubs in FFP difficulty, Blackburn, Bolton, Birmingham and alike must be ripe for picking! Any players there that meet our requirements?

Chris Burke from Birmingham, winger?
A proper footballer, although he has said recently that his family have settled in Birmingham and he isn't moving. Mind you, they all say that don't they!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Leon Clarke ? Wants to leave Coventry for a bigger club - what with their financial situation - could they turn a £1 Million bid down ?

I doubt they would turn down a £1m bid but I'd be disappointed if we spent that sort of money on a 28yr old journeyman from league 1, I'm sure we can do better than that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leon Clarke ? Wants to leave Coventry for a bigger club - what with their financial situation - could they turn a £1 Million bid down ?

Would rather have Jutkiewicz, and certainly wouldn't pay a million for Clarke.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't say I was too impressed by Jutkewicz at 'Boro when we played them. Think he was subbed. In fact a half fit Ulloa did more in 10 minutes than him.

I know its early days for Obika and he only had a 10 minute cameo at Derby but he didn't show much enthusiasm to get on the ball. It concerns me just how hungry he is to impress having been on a series of loans and not tearing up trees. Maybe he will come good.

Leroy Lita's face obviously didn't fit at The Amex but at least in his short appearance at Doncaster he showed plenty of energy and hunger to get on the ball, immediately transformed our attack, he and Barnes created loads of pressure (surprise, surprise playing two up front). Lita poached his goal from about 1 yard and I think the foul on him also led to Spanish Dave's superb free kick. Lita's impact changed the outcome from an edgy draw to a stirring 1-3 away win.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I doubt they would turn down a £1m bid but I'd be disappointed if we spent that sort of money on a 28yr old journeyman from league 1, I'm sure we can do better than that.

Didn't we spend £2m last season on a 28 year-old journeyman from the Spanish second division?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Live monkey tennis tonight on BT Sport, including a 21 year old striker with 20 goals already this season.

Stevie May is supposed to be valued around 600k and Perterboro have already had a 450k bid rejected. Might be worth a quick watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here