Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Jutkiewicz anyone?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
A work mate of mine is mates with him, will try and find out if anything is in this.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not an inspiring signing but it could be that he just needs a change of scene to freshen things up? Afterall I can't imagine Burnley fans were enamoured when Sam Vokes rocked up.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Any striker is a gamble. Ulloa was a gamble, CMS was a gamble...According to some on here Barnes & Murray would never make it in the Championship.

The fact is with strikers, you get very very few who are able to play at a consistently good level and get goals, week in week out...Look at Lambert...I never in a million years thought when he was at Bristol Rovers that he would end up playing for England.

If you cast your mind back for the Albion, Nogan had been written off by many until he got that lucky goal in the Auto Windscreens Shield. No one has heard of Mike Small and Garry Nelson was a left winger from Plymouth.

On the flip side, how many of us thought Billy Paynter would be a great signing? I know a number of people round me thought so...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Any striker is a gamble. Ulloa was a gamble, CMS was a gamble...According to some on here Barnes & Murray would never make it in the Championship.

The fact is with strikers, you get very very few who are able to play at a consistently good level and get goals, week in week out...Look at Lambert...I never in a million years thought when he was at Bristol Rovers that he would end up playing for England.

If you cast your mind back for the Albion, Nogan had been written off by many until he got that lucky goal in the Auto Windscreens Shield. No one has heard of Mike Small and Garry Nelson was a left winger from Plymouth.

On the flip side, how many of us thought Billy Paynter would be a great signing? I know a number of people round me thought so...

Stop being sensible. There is no place for you here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think we need pace up front, and so I can't understand why we'd go for LJ. We should be looking for someone to play off of Leo, not his stand-in IMHO.

And do we really need another striker who scores hardly any? Why not just keep Barnes?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The issue is that we only ever play one upfront... and that will always be Ulloa when fit.

So anyone we sign is gonna have play a large amount of their football from the bench (and battle CMS for the privilage)

We are not going to sign a new 'first choice' striker.

People need to manage their expectations a bit.

Sense instead of hysterical nonsense! Did you mean to post this on NSC?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
On what basis..he's hardly doing the business in the championship..a lot of the time injured.. u sure that's not just sentiment and not knowing much about the other geezer

1 in 20 this season is poor. Hence, why I would rather have a proven goal scorer who may be 'past it'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pretty much agree with this.......

I agree with fruitnveg, emnes may be the better option however.....the striker we sign needs to be a replacement for barnes (which emnes could do). He's struggled at M'boro, but still only 24 with plenty of potential. Jutkiwicz is a hard worker and able to play a variety of roles. Obviously due to his size he can be a back up to Ulloa. He can also play wide and off a striker and how he isn't rapid....he's not particulary slow. He could be a good signing and wouldnt cost a lot. A bit of a risk yeah but despite his lack of goals at boro I think our style would suit him

He was very good at Coventry but a bad run at boro seems to have destroyed him. Get back to basics on thre training ground and he clearly has the basic attributes.
One would hope he comes at a very reasonable fee ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pretty much agree with this.......

He was very good at Coventry but a bad run at boro seems to have destroyed him. Get back to basics on thre training ground and he clearly has the basic attributes.
One would hope he comes at a very reasonable fee ???

I agree..but it's the price tag.. Which we don't know,. or even if this rumour has any substance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here