Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Moyes must go" - get your chops around this

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well you've got me stumped there, can you explain your point ?

You're having a dig at the club for its level of attendance at withdean compared to the Amex, despite the increase in size of stadium. If in terms of percentage of attendance in regards to capacity, the withdean could hold 8850.

Average attendances at withdean
2009-2010 6293
2008-2009 6092
2007-2008 5936
2006-2007 6047
2005-2006 6802
2004-2005 6426
2003-2004 6247
2002-2003 6650
Average attendance for this period was 7213 out of 8850 which makes it at 81.5% of capacity filled at the time,

Let's compare the 3 seasons at the amex.
2011-12 20028
2012-13 25705
2013-14 22599 (which will increase at the end of the season
Average: 22777. If we ignore the stadium expansion between 2011 and 2012, and apply current maximum capacity, then we have an average of: 74.1%

In regards to capacity filled, we've been very consistent in terms of our attendances.

My point is that your questioning of our gates is flawed logic because of the stadium size.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You're having a dig at the club for its level of attendance at withdean compared to the Amex, despite the increase in size of stadium. If in terms of percentage of attendance in regards to capacity, the withdean could hold 8850.

Average attendances at withdean
2009-2010 6293
2008-2009 6092
2007-2008 5936
2006-2007 6047
2005-2006 6802
2004-2005 6426
2003-2004 6247
2002-2003 6650
Average attendance for this period was 7213 out of 8850 which makes it at 81.5% of capacity filled at the time,

Let's compare the 3 seasons at the amex.
2011-12 20028
2012-13 25705
2013-14 22599 (which will increase at the end of the season
Average: 22777. If we ignore the stadium expansion between 2011 and 2012, and apply current maximum capacity, then we have an average of: 74.1%

In regards to capacity filled, we've been very consistent in terms of our attendances.

My point is that your questioning of our gates is flawed logic because of the stadium size.
Seems maths isn't your forte either , do you want to check your figures again :lolol:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
What was Brighton's average gate at run down withdean , when they didnt have a wealthy benefactor as chairman ? Now compare it to the average gate at the shiny new amex stadium , with a wealthy benefactor as chairman , anyone would think some brighton fans have double standards. ......

How many did chelsea have against Hull in Div 2 ??? ooh about 6k before you had a rich benefactor and i expect you where there!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He posts a lot on here doesn't he? used to hate Gus

Just seen this thread. This is nothing to do with me.....and for the record, I still dislike Gus (hate is a strong word),,,,Anyone that believes he is not behind all this Bridcutt business, must still believe in Santa Claus.....I see he has seen off another Director of Football.....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you're here fishing and for a wind-up mate, brilliant and well done but getting a tad tedious now.
You still haven't answered my question , where were the 20,000 odd fans that have suddenly appeared when you had a shit stadium and no rich benefactor ? Seems a bit like Chelsea , albeit on a much smaller scale, the pot calling the kettle black.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Absolutely , but I'm not trying to claim any different , the facts are that Brighton have 20,000 odd fans who have suddenly appeared out of nowhere .

I'm not sure you can say they appeared out of nowhere. For instance, I was a season ticket holder at Withdean and as such was allowed to purchase 4 season tickets at the Amex in the first season. The 3 people who bought them were all Brighton fans - one had been a season ticket holder for 10 years at the Goldstone and Withdean (just not the final season), one was a youngster of 22 (!) who had been to many Albion games home and away, and the third was someone who had supported the club for 5 years and only went occasionally. Now, I like to think that the same thing happened with every other Withdean season ticket holder and so that's the first 16,000 for you!
Hope you're enjoying watching the Albion, mate and thanks for making your kids Albion fans!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure you can say they appeared out of nowhere. For instance, I was a season ticket holder at Withdean and as such was allowed to purchase 4 season tickets at the Amex in the first season. The 3 people who bought them were all Brighton fans - one had been a season ticket holder for 10 years at the Goldstone and Withdean (just not the final season), one was a youngster of 22 (!) who had been to many Albion games home and away, and the third was someone who had supported the club for 5 years and only went occasionally. Now, I like to think that the same thing happened with every other Withdean season ticket holder and so that's the first 16,000 for you!
Hope you're enjoying watching the Albion, mate and thanks for making your kids Albion fans!
I know they didn't appear out of nowhere mate , but there are a lot of holier than thou Brighton fans who just love to appear superior to the despised ' plastics' when let's face it , what's happened at Brighton is just a smaller scale version of what's happened at Chelsea.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Absolutely , but I'm not trying to claim any different , the facts are that Brighton have 20,000 odd fans who have suddenly appeared out of nowhere .

O i c
Bushy i expect half our crowds are made up from poeple returning after the wilderness years 6000 say plus 6000 from withdean which = 12k which i suspect is our historic average which i reckon if we ever go shit again we will get but sure poeple like yourself and me want to take our kids but i dont like to take them to the potentially nauty games as like to go for a beer with D.R and the like.
yes we have lots of new fans same as chelsea and the like but if your lot went shit i reckon your and most other teams the attendance would half. I like Das somewhat miss the lower leagues only as its not so sanatised as it is now but these days are hear to stay in afraid . We had fuhking clackers against Palace never have i witnessed such a soppy thing done by a football club against a main rival in such a big game not very intimidating and i expect next tine were have vuvuzelas !!!! You know chelsea is probrually as corporate as it has ever been and cant be far off as soppy as our club ... i actually miss the good old bad days Lol.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
O i c
Bushy i expect half our crowds are made up from poeple returning after the wilderness years 6000 say plus 6000 from withdean which = 12k which i suspect is our historic average which i reckon if we ever go shit again we will get but sure poeple like yourself and me want to take our kids but i dont like to take them to the potentially nauty games as like to go for a beer with D.R and the like.
yes we have lots of new fans same as chelsea and the like but if your lot went shit i reckon your and most other teams the attendance would half. I like Das somewhat miss the lower leagues only as its not so sanatised as it is now but these days are hear to stay in afraid . We had fuhking clackers against Palace never have i witnessed such a soppy thing done by a football club against a main rival in such a big game not very intimidating and i expect next tine were have vuvuzelas !!!! You know chelsea is probrually as corporate as it has ever been and cant be far off as soppy as our club ... i actually miss the good old bad days Lol.
Chelsea is worse than Brighton in all but a few areas of the ground mate , take it from me!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I used to think other Palace fans exaggerated when they said that you all had second teams and really supported Arsenal, Man U or Chelsea. It seems like they were not far wrong.
I would never swap allegiances for ANYTHING, if I ever stop watching Palace for whatever reason I will simply not go and watch football anymore

From your bbs and I am sure this is not isolated:

Originally Posted by sir_minty* View Post
As said by others before i like the ticket policy. I understand frustrations of others but I rather this than suffer the rival fans in home end that we had to endure the last time around.

However i fully understand and appreciate every solution has it potential fall backs.

A charlton fan i know relished in telling me 4 man utd fans at his work all bought palace season tickets. I guess if you have the dosh you can exploit any system.

The ST holder I sit next to is clearly not a genuine Palace fan. He must be in his late 20's but knows nothing of our history (even basics from last season) and refers to us as "they".

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I know they didn't appear out of nowhere mate , but there are a lot of holier than thou Brighton fans who just love to appear superior to the despised ' plastics' when let's face it , what's happened at Brighton is just a smaller scale version of what's happened at Chelsea.

I actually agree bushy we are like chelsea on a smaller scale in many respects i reckon our attendances are made up by...
6/7000 withdeaners
6/7000 Goldstoneres returning
3000 of both the above bringing kids or another familly member
5000 ex premier ship fans changing allegences as its a great stadium and local and cheaper and they may be able to take there kids to a game.
2000 hospitalities on a jolly ( note im not saying all)
1000 going for something to do nuetralls
500 free tickets schools and clubs etc

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Last time i went to Chelsea was when Liverpool won the league went up with RL SC KT ST KB CH BS had to climb in and sat on the benches i expect theyve gone now ? Only went for the laugh was a good day out but cant get myself to like anyone else u r what u are ....

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
From your bbs and I am sure this is not isolated:

Originally Posted by sir_minty* View Post
As said by others before i like the ticket policy. I understand frustrations of others but I rather this than suffer the rival fans in home end that we had to endure the last time around.

However i fully understand and appreciate every solution has it potential fall backs.

A charlton fan i know relished in telling me 4 man utd fans at his work all bought palace season tickets. I guess if you have the dosh you can exploit any system.

The ST holder I sit next to is clearly not a genuine Palace fan. He must be in his late 20's but knows nothing of our history (even basics from last season) and refers to us as "they".

And your point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here