Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Short, medium and long term?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the Grabban deal was never about the money, how come Bournemouth gave him another new contract when he only signed one in November? How many players sign two contracts in 3 months?

Only the greedy ones :wink:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The overhauling of Poyets squad it seems is happening now which IMO is disruptive and unwanted ,but i guess it has happened because of the last minute Garcia appointment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We are only weaker now than this time last year through no fault of our own due to injuries, which nobody can legislate for. Barnes leaving does not wesken us as he was never going to sign new contract and w as getting carried away with hix own self importance1. The big loss is the injuries to Crofts, CMS and Ulloa. If we can sign an attacking midfielder this month all be well with or without Bridcutt.

Feb 14, 2010
When you get the biggest gates in the division then that brings expectation. However players care about wages and rightly the Chairman tries not to overspend on players wages. Sure it worked out for Palace but its not my money to blow on footballers and so it is what it is I suppose.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The worry longterm is in the alternatives to a concrete backline that we have at present. An ageing squad needs a bit of life brought to it, and i suppose that'll come in the future anyhow with the new training facilities and the intention of growing from within, but the unordinary sometimes comes in the shape of the immature and i think we need that alongside the regulars and the seasoned. We've seen what sort of a difference Ince has made to the team, and there's no great reason that another little gem can't be found and added to the newform spine of the team and have us look forward as much as we treasure moments of the present.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have absolutely no idea what the future holds for the Albion. The only thing I know is that in the short term I will support Brighton. In the medium term I will support Brighton and in the long term, well you've guest it, I will support Brighton. Having been through what we have, I know there is nothing that will stop that. I feel fed up at the moment, but that's because like most on here I care and It feels we are the only ones trying to do the right thing. I would like to think that all those ignoring the FFP rules will get their comeuppance and we will prosper while they fail, but I think the reality will fall very short of that somehow.

We can take pride that we are doing the right thing, and the long term future has never looked so good.We have a great chairman who cares about this club and will not try to change our name and colour of the kit. In the very short time we need get behind the players that are on the pitch that want to play for us and give them the best chance of succeeding.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm optimistic that we'll see some movement transfer wise in and out before the deadline closes.

Precisely. How can people judge the strength of the squad until the transfer dealings are concluded? You'd think Barnes was Ibrahimovic the way some fans talk now. If we get someone more clinical in front of goal, that would be an improvement. El Abd was a back up and we have Dunk and Ince who can cover that position already, even without a new signing. Likewise, if Bridcutt goes, it's just an opportunity for others who've already shown this season that they can do the job.

The biggest loss may well be Crofts and we certainly need new signings. But we may well get them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here