Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crystal Palace start an airline....

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Will you hold on while I run screaming to the nearest policeman ?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's pretty much tantamount to saying people from Croydon are the N word or any other racial slur to be honest.

What calling you lot Nigels is racist too!? I thinks that's taking it too far. I can't see anywhere in the OP any reference to calling you lot pikies and you taking mock offence and trying to lecture on morals after the amount of crap you constantly post on here is priceless. Do one back to your campsite you odious chemical toilet using, Tarmac laying, scrap metal selling, dweller of a house on wheels.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
If English Romany gypsies can use the phrase to describe travelers from outside their group then I guess its one of those words like the N word that can only be used by the group it refers to.

Its about time calling someone a "cracker" is given the same status as the N word though. Definite case of double standards there, I call someone a N and run the chance of being cautioned, they call me a cracker and nothing would be done

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
What calling you lot Nigels is racist too!? I thinks that's taking it too far. I can't see anywhere in the OP any reference to calling you lot pikies and you taking mock offence and tying to lecture on morals after the amount of crap you constantly post on here is priceless. Do one back to your campsite you odious chemical toilet using, Tarmac laying, scrap metal selling, dweller of a house on wheels.

Calling us Nigels would be fine...oh wait I see what you were trying to do there. How very droll. The fact is its a racist term, I don't think anywhere I said I personally took offence to it though. In much the same way that I doubt most Brighton fans who are straight get offended by idiots calling them gay. Oh and for the record the picture in the OP says 'Pikey Airways' on the tail. :tosser:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Read my post history, you'll soon see exactly what I think of the homophobic slurs we send your way.

And yes, Pikey is a racial slur aimed at the Irish Travelling Community and is therefore a racist term.

Aww, thanks. You're quite a sensitive little soul aren't you?...................for a dirty pikey ****.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Calling us Nigels would be fine...oh wait I see what you were trying to do there. How very droll. The fact is its a racist term, I don't think anywhere I said I personally took offence to it though. In much the same way that I doubt most Brighton fans who are straight get offended by idiots calling them gay. Oh and for the record the picture in the OP says 'Pikey Airways' on the tail. :tosser:

Ooh get her! Pedant alert, I can beat that, like I said nowhere in the OP does it refer to 'pikies'. It's all down to interpretation anyhow, your definition of a pikey is different to that of mine since I don't see it used solely and exclusively against Irish travellers I use it to refer to anyone who lives permanently in a caravan and as far as I know living in a caravan does not entitle you to racial title, now if I were to refer to them as paddy or Irish pikies I could accept that would be racist but the term pikey on its own? No way fella you're clutching at straws there.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Ooh get her! Pedant alert, I can beat that, like I said nowhere in the OP does it refer to 'pikies'. It's all down to interpretation anyhow, your definition of a pikey is different to that of mine since I don't see it used solely and exclusively against Irish travellers I use it to refer to anyone who lives permanently in a caravan and as far as I know living in a caravan does not entitle you to racial title, now if I were to refer to them as paddy or Irish pikies I could accept that would be racist but the term pikey on its own? No way fella you're clutching at straws there.

OK Rush Limbaugh, whatever you say.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Shut it you poof

Well there's no need to be rude, cheekychops. You wouldn't dare to say that to me if I had you strapped naked to my four -poster wearing a gimp mask.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If English Romany gypsies can use the phrase to describe travelers from outside their group then I guess its one of those words like the N word that can only be used by the group it refers to.

Its about time calling someone a "cracker" is given the same status as the N word though. Definite case of double standards there, I call someone a N and run the chance of being cautioned, they call me a cracker and nothing would be done

Is adopting a Carson-esque voice upon delivery a prerequisite, or just optional?

Last edited:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well there's no need to be rude, cheekychops. You wouldn't dare to say that to me if I had you strapped naked to my four -poster wearing a gimp mask.

Sorry pal, you're clearly confusing me with one of your male friends :wink:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Thank you for conceding defeat that's very magnanimous of you! Now tell me, what's the best towing hook for use with a 2013 Elddis crusader mistral? I'm driving a VW Tuareg if that helps???

No idea mate. Never owned a caravan, never been on a caravanning holiday, in fact I've never even been in a caravan so I guess you're more of the expert than me. I live in a nice four bed in Surrey.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
Never realised pikeys/gypsies/travellers etc etc where a race of people.
I thought that it was a culture/life style choice/even to an extent a 'nationality', but a race of people.....er no.

Race is caucasian/mongoloid/negroid etc, so unless 'travellers' are now an distinct 'race' slurs are not racist. Pendantry to the extreme i know. But it is something that really grinds my gears

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Never realised pikeys/gypsies/travellers etc etc where a race of people.
I thought that it was a culture/life style choice/even to an extent a 'nationality', but a race of people.....er no.

Race is caucasian/mongoloid/negroid etc, so unless 'travellers' are now an distinct 'race' slurs are not racist. Pendantry to the extreme i know. But it is something that really grinds my gears

http://metro.co.uk/2007/12/13/pikey-is-now-a-race-hate-word-583752/
http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Pikey-sign-leads-race-hate-charge/story-20084882-detail/story.html#axzz2qrHXzMjT
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7446274.stm

So yes, fairly obviously being that saying Pikey is a criminal offence then in the eyes of the law at least then the term Pikey is in face a racist slur.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I've never quite understood the caravan thing. The area of London commonly called Crystal Palace is lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here