Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Gus RIGHT about hitting the CEILING ?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Everyone agrees with us taking the moral high ground and sticking within FFP, and staying around the periphery of the top six, in the knowledge that the Championship is a good league to be in, and won't stop people regularly renewing their season tickets en masse :)

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Next Years team

GK - Brezovan as TK will leave
RB - Calderon or Salter as Bruno will leave
LB - Chicksen
CB - Greer
CB - Dunk
Mid - Ince
Mid - Lua Lua
Mid - Agustien
Mid - March
Mid - Forster or Caskey
Att - CMS

A FRIGHTENING thought

Bruno won't LEAVE Salter behind so we could lose BOTH!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Next Years team

GK - Brezovan as TK will leave
RB - Calderon or Salter as Bruno will leave
LB - Chicksen
CB - Greer
CB - Dunk
Mid - Ince
Mid - Lua Lua
Mid - Agustien
Mid - March
Mid - Forster or Caskey
Att - CMS

A FRIGHTENING thought

And we will lose Solly in Mid - March...:(

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Yes of course Gus had a point. However he was wrong in the way he made it.

A few key points:

1. Gus attracted some decent players, but we still struggled then and now to make key signings.

2. Bloom has invested in the stadium and training ground (as well as som key player investments a few years ago -CMS, Buckley, Hoskins) and more recently - Ulloa

3. We've had some expensive players on loan in the last two years.

4. Gus spat the dummy out and upset the players at the worst time last year. He showed an immature judgement and ill-founded ambition. We shouldn't forgive him for that.

5. We have too many injuries. Why? It might be training ground quality but it may also be our training style. ACL and hamstring injuries are deceleration injuries that should be avoided by the training involving torsional excercises, not just running in a straight line

6. We ARE getting weaker. The statement that the budget is the same this year as last doesn't ring true. Either the right players haven't signed ( if so why?) or not enough money has been made available.

7. FFP is perhaps a reason for caution, but we seem to be a bit over-cautious compared to others.

8. We have the best gates and the most expensive tickets in the division. This is a great position long term and should be feeding through into investment in the squad.

I guess the long term is the key, but it would be good to see a couple of quality signings now...

Last edited:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
.....Yes we hit Gus Poyet,s ceiling ......Thats one of the reasons why he left. However BHA will be around a lot longer than him !

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im WITH Ernests ARS and I cannot WAIT for the next MASSIVE protest. IGNORE them at your PERIL. They have seen off MAGOO, poodle perry the lapdog, the clipboard kid, SALDE and Dick TIGHT.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
6. We ARE getting weaker. The statement that the budget is the same this year as last doesn't ring true. Either the right players haven't signed ( if so why?) or not enough money has been made available.

7. FFP is perhaps a reason for caution, but we seem to be a bit over-cautious compared to others.

8. We have the best gates and the most expensive tickets in the division. This is a great position long term and should be feeding through into investment in the squad.

I guess the long term is the key, but it would be good to see a couple of quality signings now...

You make a number of good points, but I'm not convinced by point 6. Just to think of two players, we now have Ulloa and Upson. They don't come cheap. I not only believe Bloom when he says that the playing budget is the same as last year, but we'll have the opportunity to test this claim when the accounts are revealed.
Your last point is especially good. Long term is the key, and I expect to see some quality signings. It would help if the Bridcutt situation got sorted though, because it's no good selling players, having others injured, potential recruits turning us down at the last minute, and our Player of the Year for the last two seasons in some sort of strange limbo. Give it twelve days and things will be that much better. And, note, we haven't got any Championship games until that window closes.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You make a number of good points, but I'm not convinced by point 6. Just to think of two players, we now have Ulloa and Upson. They don't come cheap. I not only believe Bloom when he says that the playing budget is the same as last year, but we'll have the opportunity to test this claim when the accounts are revealed.
Your last point is especially good. Long term is the key, and I expect to see some quality signings. It would help if the Bridcutt situation got sorted though, because it's no good selling players, having others injured, potential recruits turning us down at the last minute, and our Player of the Year for the last two seasons in some sort of strange limbo. Give it twelve days and things will be that much better. And, note, we haven't got any Championship games until that window closes.

Has the important fixture with Burnley on the 28th been moved back then?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

We have, Burnley away on the 28th.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Ernest once again in force :fishing: with his nsc maggots.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm in the Upper East so may have trouble throwing my ST. Then again I don't want to. Ernest does have a few points though. A match day experience costs me over £90 for two adults. We are a Championship team and should be building on a 'five year plan'. Now if that plan started 2011/12 season then we should be well on target to a good squad etc. But right now we are not improving the team. When we sell Bridcot we should be looking at getting a BETTER player in, maybe for a million more than we get. Everyone screams about FFP but are teams really going to be docked points, fined millions or automatically relegated if promoted - NO. We need to get a good squad together. If we fail to go up but tried then I'd be happy but to be the 7th team in the league is not good.

Goodness, I hadn't realised that ENREST had a brother who posted on here.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
When Gus realised the cash was not available to build a decent Premiership side he was within his rights to make other arrangements,he wants to be apart of our top league and has taken a risk with a team in the relegation area,good luck to him.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When Gus realised the cash was not available to build a decent Premiership side he was within his rights to make other arrangements,he wants to be apart of our top league and has taken a risk with a team in the relegation area,good luck to him.

Contractually within his rights?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here