Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe mason to Bournemouth

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The article was altered on the Sky Sports website late on Saturday evening. The Mirror then reported yesterday that Solskjaer was happy to let Mason go to Bournemouth for £2M. Andy Naylor tweeted this morning that an inside source at Cardiff says the asking price is now £2.5M

At £2.5M I think we'll be looking elsewhere! Who knows what the accurate figure for the asking price is. Somewhere between £600k and £2.5M!!

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
The article was altered on the Sky Sports website late on Saturday evening. The Mirror then reported yesterday that Solskjaer was happy to let Mason go to Bournemouth for £2M. Andy Naylor tweeted this morning that an inside source at Cardiff says the asking price is now £2.5M

Altered to and from what? The article didn't at any point Saturday evening say an offer had been accepted.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Altered to and from what? The article didn't at any point Saturday evening say an offer had been accepted.

I don't know what the original article said because I was travelling back from the game at Derby , all I know it was amended at 22.50. Can anyone confirm if the "ticker" on Sky Sports News actually said an offer had been accepted according to "Sky Sources" ? Something must have occurred for the Mirror journalist to write a piece on the proposed move.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I don't know what the original article said because I was travelling back from the game at Derby , all I know it was amended at 22.50. Can anyone confirm if the "ticker" on Sky Sports News actually said an offer had been accepted according to "Sky Sources" ? Something must have occurred for the Mirror journalist to write a piece on the proposed move.

Not sure what time I saw the article as I was on my back from Derby as well. Sky never said that the bid was accepted. A search for 'Mason' on Twitter that night had Bournemouth fans getting excited that they had bid for him. There was not one mention of it being accepted. I've just had a look at the Mirrors article, who are using the Sunday People as their source. This is despite the fact that Bournemouth told their local paper yesterday that no bid had been made.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Sorry , cannot give full credit to the Mirror , they nicked the news story from the People :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not sure what time I saw the article as I was on my back from Derby as well. Sky never said that the bid was accepted. A search for 'Mason' on Twitter that night had Bournemouth fans getting excited that they had bid for him. There was not one mention of it being accepted. I've just had a look at the Mirrors article, who are using the Sunday People as their source. This is despite the fact that Bournemouth told their local paper yesterday that no bid had been made.

I think the Bournemouth Echo and The Argus are owned by the same company , Newsquest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here