Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt "not focused enough"

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The only positive that comes from such a disappointing attitude is that he avoided potentially getting injured and prejudicing the transfer. When he does go he's going to take a while to get up to speed, especially going up a division so I'm not sure he's doing anyone any favours by effectively going on strike.

I've lost a lot of respect for him, not that he'll give a feck.

I agree with you entirely, Icy. Let's hope he gets shipped out sharpish: & we get a decent fee for him. Well, we can still just about dream, can't we? :annoyed:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
His prima donna training seems to have been a success. He's sure to be a smash in the PL.

:tosser:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No there is a difference, Jones wants to give playing time to the players he knows are focused and will definitely still be here.

This thread makes it sound like Liam ruled himself out.

Corrected for you and, by the way, I'd think that, even allowing for rustiness, Liam's performances for us after his return from injury were enough to rule him out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is there just a possibility that we might be interpreting things incorrectly. Perhaps the club have accepted that Bridcutt can leave, perhaps negotiations are well advanced and Sunderland have offered an acceptable fee, perhaps the club didn't want to risk an injury to Bridcutt, and perhaps that's the way that the club have opted to present the situation to the fans. Perhaps Bridcutt's done enough for this club to be given the benefit of the doubt.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is there just a possibility that we might be interpreting things incorrectly. Perhaps the club have accepted that Bridcutt can leave, perhaps negotiations are well advanced and Sunderland have offered an acceptable fee, perhaps the club didn't want to risk an injury to Bridcutt, and perhaps that's the way that the club have opted to present the situation to the fans. Perhaps Bridcutt's done enough for this club to be given the benefit of the doubt.

So Oscar has made a story up?

Sorry don't think so tbh

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Bridcutt has moved on to his next option today after his last one did not work (transfer request).
Bloom will not let this change his policy that no player leaves unless his valuation is met.
If a club has not met this by the time the transfer window closes he will soon re-find his "focus".

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Bridcutt has moved on to his next option today after his last one did not work (transfer request).
Bloom will not let this change his policy that no player leaves unless his valuation is met.
If a club has not met this by the time the transfer window closes he will soon re-find his "focus".

Nail on head

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Liam is in danger of losing the respect he has built up over the last few years.

He is basically saying he no longer cares for the Albion and is looking after No1.

Given we haven't accepted an offer he shouldn't be speaking to anyone so why the lack of focus?

Tho whole thing stinks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No because I dont know, perhaps you could tell me if you would expect the club to be at least trying to replace one of the clubs most influential players that seems to be leaving.

Machiavelli this is the easy bit ............

I do think that the club will look to replace Bridcutt if he's sold. I also imagine that they'd reinvest all, most or perhaps even more of the money, alongside the money that they've got for Barnes. Note that we came very close to buying Grabban. It didn't happen. I expect that we're now turning our attention to Mason, or some other alternative that plays up-front, or can play both as a central striker and out wide. If Bridcutt goes and with Crofts now out for the rest of the season, we need a central midfielder.
Beyond that, there's a case for another centre back and perhaps even another wide player, especially given the regularity that Buckley's hamstrings ping and KLL's knee gives in.
I'm of the view, however, that we'll be better off just buying two players, but buying high quality ones, rather than compromising on quality for the sake of quantity. We've got a decent squad, although I did look threadbare today. I'm still optimistic that we just might squeeze into the play-offs.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bridcutt is a very talented footballer. A cut above most twentysomethngs who start their careeer in League 1 or 2. He could have made it anyway, but there is absolutely NO DOUBT his time at Brighton has greatly developed his career and polished all the rough edges. Seems he has now forgotten all of this - along with his loyal supporters (there have been many) and the kids who blazoned his name across their backs. Earning THOUSANDS every week and he can't find his focus??? Another great example of a prancing peacock holding his club and its thousands of supporters to ransom. Goodbye Liam, I don't need to know anymore...

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Really disappointing. A typical footballer. Happy to sign nice big contract. Not happy to play for his salary when another club becomes involved. We'll move on without him. We don't need to sell him. Our recent use of employment law might prove useful. Have a look at other players were still involved right up to moving on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
im probably the only one here that doesnt too bothered by this - for now. he's acknowldeged his head is wrong, and the managment have decided for him to sit it out. would you rather he be forced to play and put in a poor performance? now im not saying this state of affairs should be allowed indefinatly but no point getting hissy and calling it unprofessional that someone has said they arent mentally fit to play. he needs to speak to those concerned and decide if he's staying or going in the next week, then put it behind and focus.

This.

As for most of the other posters, what a bunch of morons. Bridcutt has been our best player for two years and as we all know, is at the centre of a transfer saga. As Naylor said, he was being honest and fair play to him.

Seem to remember a host of the usual suspects slagging off Calde when he nearly went!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Really disappointing. A typical footballer. Happy to sign nice big contract. Not happy to play for his salary when another club becomes involved. We'll move on without him. We don't need to sell him. Our recent use of employment law might prove useful. Have a look at other players were still involved right up to moving on.

Are you for real? What a dumb post!!! If he is going then why would we not want a fee for him. As for other players, not many of our player have had a protracted transfer saga like this one.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
We don't need to sell him. We'll decide the price not be forced by a player who thinks he can decide whether his head is right or not. This is a sad reflection of modern footballers. And something we'll have to get used to.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I really dont see what the problem is.
We all know he is going to Sunderland.
Liam knows he is going to Sunderland.
Most importantly, Tony Bloom knows he is leaving, but he is an asset.
TB is going to get what he thinks he is worth, IMHO 3.5/4 million. So if Liam doesnt want to play, fair enough. If he does a cruciate or hamstring, TB loses 3.5/4 million
just cos we wanted to be arsey.
I dont blame Leon, and I dont blame Gus for wanting him. Yes it leaves a sour taste, but he has his future to think about, as TB has his asset to think about.
We are just fans on a message board, it cuts deep to lose one of your best players, but Brighton and Hove Albion will be here a long time after Liam retires, and Gus is managing Chelsea or a La Liga team.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It’s obvious to me sitting here atop my lofty peak of knowledge, that the player (in this case) has turned this “epic” saga once more to his favour. Some might suggest that, dare I say it? That a somewhat stronger or perhaps more animated management team with some (Adams) style balls! Would walk into the player recruitment office, after asking for directions, and tell the parties involved to sell the person(s) in question sooner rather than later in order to sensibly reinvest within the current window of opportunity. He wants to leave, he doesn’t want to play. It’s pretty much Deep Purple MKII into MKIII all over again. I’d like to see Ritchie Blackmore managing this crisis I really would... Time to move on... I suspect the £20k p/w pay rise will have Mr B. “right in the head” before you can say appearance fee and great nights out north of the Tyne, perhaps our paths will cross in Trillians?!? Time alone will tell. Sweet Jesus. Kosh.

It’s obvious to me sitting here atop my lofty peak of knowledge, that the player (in this case) has turned this “epic” saga once more to his favour. Some might suggest that, dare I say it? That a somewhat stronger or perhaps more animated management team with some (Adams) style balls! Would walk into the player recruitment office, after asking for directions, and tell the parties involved to sell the person(s) in question sooner rather than later in order to sensibly reinvest within the current window of opportunity. He wants to leave, he doesn’t want to play. It’s pretty much Deep Purple MKII into MKIII all over again. I’d like to see Ritchie Blackmore managing this crisis I really would... Time to move on... I suspect the £20k p/w pay rise will have Mr B. “right in the head” before you can say appearance fee and great nights out north of the Tyne, perhaps our paths will cross in Trillians?!? Time alone will tell. Sweet Jesus. Kosh.

Again, with sub titles please.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I really dont see what the problem is.
We all know he is going to Sunderland.
Liam knows he is going to Sunderland.
Most importantly, Tony Bloom knows he is leaving, but he is an asset.
TB is going to get what he thinks he is worth, IMHO 3.5/4 million. So if Liam doesnt want to play, fair enough. If he does a cruciate or hamstring, TB loses 3.5/4 million
just cos we wanted to be arsey

You're right, to the point of making sense of my inner Bridders turmoil through perspective. The obviousness of the outcome makes rueing today like quibbling over marital cutlery during an adultery-related divorce, although I suppose I'm narked because the midfield, without Crofts, seemed as flimsy as the "lack of focus" line trotted out partly, hopefully, because we're halfway through a deal. Also because he liked Street Diner, and the cradling-a-stricken-bird thing. We need midfielders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here