Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt "not focused enough"

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm so glad my season ticket money goes towards paying the wages of someone who refuses to play. I have lost all respect for Bridcutt now as he has shown himself to be another arrogant, ego-maniac stereotypical modern day footballer. He will get the hostile reception he deserves when he comes back to the Amex next season with Sunderland.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I notice that Grabban clearly didn't have the same problem, he played and he scored.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Not sure why people are equating this with 'if I did this at work I would be sacked'. Professional football is not 'work' in any real sense. Which other job can you fail, and then be paid millions to leave because of your own failure? Not focussed sounds like, 'play me if you want, but just letting you know I will play poorly and can't really be bothered'. From a player who was outside the professional game when Brighton signed him, I think this appalling but entirely predictable. It's a result of far too much money being paid to both managers and players

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is probably in the best interests of all for a deal to be completed in the next 48 hours. If only OG could bring in a player that he knows about from his time abroad in Spain or Israel as we desperately need to replace
Crofts even it is only with a loan player.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm not going to work on Monday as I don't feel focused enough. My boss and customers will understand.

Judging by this thread, don't bank on it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im probably the only one here that doesnt too bothered by this - for now. he's acknowldeged his head is wrong, and the managment have decided for him to sit it out. would you rather he be forced to play and put in a poor performance? now im not saying this state of affairs should be allowed indefinatly but no point getting hissy and calling it unprofessional that someone has said they arent mentally fit to play. he needs to speak to those concerned and decide if he's staying or going in the next week, then put it behind and focus.

D

Deleted member 18477

Disgrace. Just sell the tosser!

Yes until now he's been great for us but I'm sick of players abusing contracts!

I read it that a deal is about to be done and an injury doesn't suit any party. Oscar is getting on with building a team also and would rather work with the players he'll know he'll have for the rest of the campaign. I don't think it's worth getting upset about, it's just modern football. Liam will still leave us much better off than our position when he signed and with a lot more money in our account than the free we paid - so let's wish him all the best. I'd probably be a bit less calmer if we didnt have Ince - but we do

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Disgrace. Just sell the tosser!

Yes until now he's been great for us but I'm sick of players abusing contracts!

I'd rather he rotted in the reserves than we sold him for a low figure just because he wants away, I think the club has the strength and the will do that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, Jones said to Oscar he didn't think he was focussed.

Slightly different from Liam saying it.

This is not how I read it. Here's the relevant passage:

Oscar revealed: “He (Bridcutt) was available for selection but he spoke with Nathan and he said that maybe he would not be focused on the game 100%.

The 'he' that Oscar is referring to here is Bridcutt.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
im probably the only one here that doesnt too bothered by this - for now. he's acknowldeged his head is wrong, and the managment have decided for him to sit it out. would you rather he be forced to play and put in a poor performance? now im not saying this state of affairs should be allowed indefinatly but no point getting hissy and calling it unprofessional that someone has said they arent mentally fit to play. he needs to speak to those concerned and decide if he's staying or going in the next week, then put it behind and focus.

Not the only one :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No, Jones said to Oscar he didn't think he was focussed.

Slightly different from Liam saying it.

Yep, rather different than Liam saying it himself. Jones thought he wasn't focussed enough, no suggestion that Liam didn't want to play. Why has the OP twisted it around?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Our highest paid player gets £20k a week. Would expect bridcutt probably earns close to that.

I doubt that LB has been paid in total, over the 3 odd years he has been with us, the amount the club was offered by Sunderland - in essence he hasn't cost us a penny and we've had the benefit of his skills during that period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here