Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings vs Derby (a)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry but we played well today. The better team won. We're not bloody Barcelona.

We did as well as we could , once they scored I couldn't see us getting an equaliser apart from the penalty claim being given.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A game of two halves. We looked very comfortable for most of the 1st half without creating many scoring chances other than Orlandi's header at their keeper. Second half Derby pressed us much harder and we lost our composure. We had no real cutting edge up front with Ulloa left very isolated. We had no pace to frighten Derby and too many balls were just hoofed forward in Leo's direction. While a point might have been a fairer result I think Derby just shaded it - they took their chance, we didn't.

The worrying thing was how disjointed our midfield looked 2nd half. Only Ince had a half decent game - but JFC and Andrews were poor. We missed Crofts and dare I say - Bridcutt.

Kuszchak: 6 - didn't have much to do but his distribution was erratic
Ward: 6 - not as involved as much as recent games
Greer: 6 - steady but lost his composure as the game went on
Upson: 8 - My MoM, assured as usual and made one vital interception late on
Bruno: 7 - generally had a good game with some tidy skills
Andrews: 4 - I'm afraid he was really dire 2nd half. This was the first game in which we really missed Bridcutt.
Ince: 7 -Good effort with little support from Andrews and JFC both having poor games.
JFC: 5 - Unfortunately the game seemed to pass him by. Too easily shrugged off the ball.
Orlandi: 7 - Some great touches and our best effort on goal.
Lopez: 6 - Typical performance, had little impact on the game
Ulloa: 6 - Worked hard but was too isolated and received very little support. Plus the Ref gave him no leeway at all, not least a decent penalty shout just after Derby scored.

Subs:

March: 6 - hinted at what he might be able to do but didn't really get the ball enough to make a big impact
Obika: 5 - Only a brief appearance but didn't show much enthusiasm for getting on the end of two balls that headed his way.
Agustien: 5 - Ditto, brief appearance, didn't have any significant impact on the game

A good day out ruined by an average football match.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Kuszczak 6 - Solid. Couldn't do any more about the goal.

Bruno 7.5 MOM - Brilliant performance.
Greer 4 - Simply not good enough. Too slow and doesn't seem to ever make a tackle. I think he got the message when after about his 5th mistake in about 5 minutes, fans started chanting Adams name.
Upson 7 - Solid as usual.
Ward 5 - Poor first half. Second half was better.

Andrews 4 - Shocking. Today showed we missed Briductt picking the ball up in front of the back 4 and carrying the ball forward. Every time we had the chance to go forward and drive, Andrews instead of running would just simply play it into somewhere where we weren't going to be able to go anywhere. Even the simple passes he wasn't able to complete.

JFC 5 - Too lightweight in a game that needed strong players.
Ince 7 - Machine once again. Bossed the midfield.

Orlandi 7 - Glimpses of magic. Didn't look quite fit.
David 5 - Didn't contribute much at all.
Ulloa 7 - Held the ball up and linked play well. Was constantly fouled and should have been awarded a blatant penalty. Constantly flicked the ball on, but there was no support whatsoever.

Cambs Seagull

Jan 3, 2010
Kuszczak 6 - Solid. Couldn't do any more about the goal.

Bruno 7.5 MOM - Brilliant performance.
Greer 4 - Simply not good enough. Too slow and doesn't seem to ever make a tackle. I think he got the message when after about his 5th mistake in about 5 minutes, fans started chanting Adams name.
Upson 7 - Solid as usual.
Ward 5 - Poor first half. Second half was better.

Andrews 4 - Shocking. Today showed we missed Briductt picking the ball up in front of the back 4 and carrying the ball forward. Every time we had the chance to go forward and drive, Andrews instead of running would just simply play it into somewhere where we weren't going to be able to go anywhere. Even the simple passes he wasn't able to complete.

JFC 5 - Too lightweight in a game that needed strong players.
Ince 7 - Machine once again. Bossed the midfield.

Orlandi 7 - Glimpses of magic. Didn't look quite fit.
David 5 - Didn't contribute much at all.
Ulloa 7 - Held the ball up and linked play well. Was constantly fouled and should have been awarded a blatant penalty. Constantly flicked the ball on, but there was no support whatsoever.

agree with everything you say about Andrews - looked totally outpaced, and apart from 1 ball in the 2nd half seemed unable to make the simplest of passes. But dont agree with your views on Greer - didnt hear any chants for AEA, and IMO I thought Ward was one of our better players today.

On todays performance dont see either maintaining a play off place, but there again it wast long ago that we played Leicester off the pitch

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
agree with everything you say about Andrews - looked totally outpaced, and apart from 1 ball in the 2nd half seemed unable to make the simplest of passes. But dont agree with your views on Greer - didnt hear any chants for AEA, and IMO I thought Ward was one of our better players today.

On todays performance dont see either maintaining a play off place, but there again it wast long ago that we played Leicester off the pitch

Yeah I realized after I made the post that my rating for Ward was harsh. I thought he was very good second half, but was poor in the first half. I reckon 6.5 would be fair. With regards to Greer, again I may have been slightly harsh. He obviously made some tackles, but for me he's not good enough for a team fighting for promotion. If he wasn't captain, I think he would have been dropped a long time ago. He's certainly too slow, and can't play a long pass to save his life. He nearly cost us a goal for the second time this season by being too slow to control the ball. The AEA chant was very brief, and I highly doubt Greer heard as it was a minority and didn't get going, but it was still there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak 6 - was wrong footed for the goal which took a deflection
Bruno 8 MOM
Greer 5
Upson 8
Ward 7 Did try to get the ball forward
Andrews 4
JFC 5 Too lightweight
Ince 7 One of the midfield who did tackle and win the ball
Orlandi 7
David 6
Ulloa 7 Was fouled constantly and completely ignored by the officials.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm a big fan of Andrews but he was diabolical today. Couldn't pass, couldn't tackle, and was at fault for the goal if I remember rightly. Felt for Ulloa, we set up far too negatively, he was feeding off scraps thanks to our woeful midfield and lack of a supporting striker, or wingers with any pace for that matter, owing to injuries in fairness. Also had a very good shout for a penalty when he was being held back. JFC was very poor, but he needed an experienced head alongside him to drive us on and he simply didn't have one today. The amount of times their players ran through the middle unchallenged... Jesus. Woeful stuff from both teams, and the officials killed any flow the game may have had with some bizarre decisions against both sides.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
7 for all of them, except for the subs unrated and Lopez 6.

No one was influential, no one particularly bad.

On the other hand Grant and Eustace stood out for Derby.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
PIG....6 , not much to do , beaten by a good shot....subject to numerous dodgy back passes.
Bruno...8 he is a class player , one of his better games but could have easily got booked or worse for reacting to Ward nesr the end.
Ward .. 7.5 ....tried hard ,covered a lot of ground.
Greer ... 6.5 steady but guilty of a number of those back passes.
Upson ... 7.5 he will be gutted to be on the loosing side after that performance...played well and could have easily scored from that header.
Ince... 7 huge potential ,tried hard .
Andrews 5 wayward passing and his decision to not go for the ball led directly to Derby's goal , not a good performance from him.
Lopez 5.5 missing for large parts of the game....didn't really contribute much.
Orlandi 6.5 had a go , slightly off the pace at the moment...possibly not match fit.
Forster-caskey 5.5 not a good game from him either....
Ulloa 6 not fit is he...??? looked out of touch

March ,Agustien and Obika 5.5 , 4 , 5 respectively....none of them really offered anything , March had a go at least , Obika tried to chest the ball rather than getting his nut onto it and Agustien did next to nothing.

All in all a very frustrating game for Albion fans , Wisdom stamped his authority on the game early on and the teams were generally very evenly matched , i attribute Derby's goal to Andrews' howler which i did predict at half time. Scrappy game which we could have easily come away from with a point.....Ref , bit of a pillock but i give him 5 , as i said it was a scrappy game and i'm just glad we got out of it with no injuries and no red cards.

Respect to the travelling Albion fans......nice and loud in the first half....assuming there were about 1500 of you but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere..:clap2::clap2:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't go to the game yesterday, but I see a number of negative comments about JFC and some poor ratings.

From what I've seen of the lad I just don't think he is Championship quality. Gets knocked off the ball far too easily doesn't stamp any kind of authority on the game. All he's contributed is one very good goal. Bit like a candle ... burned brightly very briefly, but then quickly faded. Unless there's a very quick improvement in his form I suggest he goes the way of Barker and Dickenson.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Didn't go to the game yesterday, but I see a number of negative comments about JFC and some poor ratings.

From what I've seen of the lad I just don't think he is Championship quality. Gets knocked off the ball far too easily doesn't stamp any kind of authority on the game. All he's contributed is one very good goal. Bit like a candle ... burned brightly very briefly, but then quickly faded. Unless there's a very quick improvement in his form I suggest he goes the way of Barker and Dickenson.

I am inclined to agree with you. JFC wasn't rated very highly at Oxford when he was on loan so playing in the Championship was always going to be a difficult ask.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages

Starters - 12 Votes
Upson 7.79
Bruno 7.13
Ince 6.58
Orlandi 6.46 (70mins)
Ward 6.04
Ulloa 5.92