Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clueless today

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I thought we played OK today. We lacked pace on the wings and really missed Kaz. Was a definite penalty and can only assume Uloa has shagged the refs wife for the treatment he got today.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One great shot was the difference today, not a great game and it was never going to be high scoring. The only other top side that has got the better of us this season is Forest. Sometimes you have to go away and hope to kick one, today it just didn't fall for us. We're 7th and just outside the playoffs, plenty to play for, plus the chance of a cup run if we can hold it together

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it's unfair to have a go at ulloa. He is just back from a horrible injury and now he is working his way back.

He is going to take some time to get back match sharp( not fit, but sharp). He is also going to have to get used to players being brought in, ie the spuds bloke, and of course losing Barnes, who he played very well with.

Still think we need to play two up front and it will be interesting when Mac smith is back fit if the happy one and the welsh menace decide to play them together.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ulloa got fouled all afternoon and looked to have won a pen when he was pulled back in the box stopping him from following up a rebound. His only reward was to get booked in the 94th minute.

We lacked a winger more than anything today. Hopefully KLL is back next week, and we do a deal for Conway - it's crying out for him right now.

Once the Derby defenders sussed out the ref was giving the decisions in their favour Ulloa was then subject to pushes in the back , shirt tugging , holding back , etc , all summed up by the ref giving a free kick when the defender had his arms around him and Ulloa span away and past him but was judged to be doing the holding plus late on in the game having a clear view of him having his shirt grabbed in the box which stopped him taking a second attempt at goal

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought we played OK today. We lacked pace on the wings and really missed Kaz. Was a definite penalty and can only assume Uloa has shagged the refs wife for the treatment he got today.

He got the yellow card for telling the ref he was a complete and utter **** over his decision making.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well for what it's worth,with what we have available at the moment,thought it was set out for a draw ?

I think our plan was screwed up with Bridders saying he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. We looked like a team playing away and content with a point and not one going for all 3 points.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Both teams were pretty poor to be honest but we really lacked any will to want to actually win today and there are a lot of games coming up in a short space of time which does not bode well.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Once the Derby defenders sussed out the ref was giving the decisions in their favour Ulloa was then subject to pushes in the back , shirt tugging , holding back , etc , all summed up by the ref giving a free kick when the defender had his arms around him and Ulloa span away and past him but was judged to be doing the holding plus late on in the game having a clear view of him having his shirt grabbed in the box which stopped him taking a second attempt at goal

How was the last incident you mentioned not a penalty? Their defender pretty much held Ulloa to stop him taking a shot and referee was right next to it. As you say he obviously decided he didn't like Ulloa and was going to give him nothing. I bet the referee loved booking Ulloa at the end. Probably made his day.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was, and Andrews should be docked. Can't believe he has played in a World Cup!!

Are you having a laugh? Andrews had a mixed game. Yes, some of the stuff he did was terrible. However, he played some quality passes and put in the effort. If you want to talk about docking wages of midfielders, how about the one that didn't play despite apparently being fit.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How was the last incident you mentioned not a penalty? Their defender pretty much held Ulloa to stop him taking a shot and referee was right next to it. As you say he obviously decided he didn't like Ulloa and was going to give him nothing. I bet the referee loved booking Ulloa at the end. Probably made his day.

I knew it was a stonewall penalty standing in row JJ and was even more incensed when they showed a replay on the big screen down the other end of the pitch.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not an a ounce of ambition to win that game today particularly in the second half.

Why we continue with Ulloa up top on his own feeding off scraps is beyond me. Let's be honest Derby were pretty ordinary today and were there for the taking.

I accept we are blighted with injuries and lacked pace today but that was so typical of how we set up away from home (and have done for over two years now).

I don't particularly have any animosity towards Garcia but wasn't he billed as a more attacking version of Poyet? I'd like to see more evidence of this away from home.

We missed out on automatic promotion last season for one reason and one reason only. Too many draws (17 I believe). Where's the value in that. Take a risk/gamble. You might drop a point here and there but surely there's more sense in going for all three points in the long run.

I can accept losing but what I can't accept is the manner in which we often do away from home.

Disappointing

What a load of over reactionary rubbish. We restricted the top scorers in the league to just two shots (one of which they scored from after a deflection). If things had gone our way, their goal hadn't been deflected in and we'd got the blatant penalty we should have got from the foul on Ulloa, then we'd be talking about the perfect away performance.

If you think today was clueless, you've not been watching Albion very long to be honest.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't particularly have any animosity towards Garcia but wasn't he billed as a more attacking version of Poyet? I'd like to see more evidence of this away from home.

That's good to know. It's good to hear you haven't got any animosity to a manager who has taken us to 7th in the league despite an awful summer and the worst injury problems I've ever known.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Really poor performance, appeared to be that no one wanted to put the effort in or felt that they needed to. Lopez and Andrews were incredibly bad today.

Ince was great in the first-half but poor in the second.

Awful view standing in the sixth row, couldn't really see the action down the other end.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I agree with this. Really don't understand the over reaction. Most teams in this league would struggle with Bridcutt, Crofts, LuaLua, Buckley and Mackail-Smith all out. Yet we still almost got a point.

The treatment of Ulloa by the referee was a disgrace. I'm sure he loved showing him the yellow card in the last minute. Denied us the most blatant penalty I've seen in a long time.

I think a lot of people got so worked up over the goings on at the club this week that they were hoping we'd lose so they could go into meltdown. Really sad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The ref did I indeed have it in for Ulloa; although I thought that he seemed fairly happy to give a free kick for fouls on anyone else - he booked about 5 Derby players. Has the penalty decision been shown on the FLS yet?

It was noticeable that the Lino on our left was under instruction not to give any decision on throw ins. There were some comedy moments where a defender would smack a clearance into row Z and the lino still waited for the red to signal which way the throw was going.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
What a load of over reactionary rubbish. We restricted the top scorers in the league to just two shots (one of which they scored from after a deflection). If things had gone our way, their goal hadn't been deflected in and we'd got the blatant penalty we should have got from the foul on Ulloa, then we'd be talking about the perfect away performance.

If you think today was clueless, you've not been watching Albion very long to be honest.

You can't seriously believe any of that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here