Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clueless today

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I still reckon we should have had a pen near the end when Ulloa was pulled back in the box. It shows in the highlights.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Play Orlandi in the Bridcutt role?!?! Righto...

I didn't say that did I? I reckon JFC could play that roll with Ince alongside him and Orlandi pulling the strings, or just two in the middle with KLL and Conway if we have to go for it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What a ridiculous thread full of over-reacting BS as is normal after ANY defeat. We actually didn't play that badly today at all and in my opinion were slightly the better of the two teams in a game, which in all fairness should have been draw. The Derby goal however was an absolute cracker and there wasn't a great deal we could have done with it. Given the absence of Kaz and Buckley were annoyingly narrow, but that was about it.

If Ulloa seemed frustrated at the end it was because he was being constantly fouled whilst getting nothing from the ref. Once again of the two keepers it was the opposition goalie who was made to really earn his corn. It was an ok performance but a very disappointing result as we probably should have got a point. It was not however the end of the world and ab excuse for heads to roll.

Saves me typing out more or less the same thing. Only disagree with one thing - wasn't really a cracker of a goal... it was a deflection off March's foot that made it look good and left TK stranded.

Do think we need a different way of playing though when neither Lua Lua or Buckley are fit as there's no-one else with the pace out wide who can get box to box quick enough in support of Ulloa.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I still reckon we should have had a pen near the end when Ulloa was pulled back in the box. It shows in the highlights.

From that camera angle it didn't look as blatant as it was viewed from where we stood. In some games the lino will indicate a foul was committed in the box (rightly or wrongly) but the numpty running the line to the left of us was too frightened to make a decision on his own.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure if anyone else spotted (haven't read the whole thread) Andrews half hearted chase for the loose ball in midfield which ultimately led to the goal? Seemed to be his ball but then he suddenly gave up on it? The bed wetters on here will no doubt call it an optical illusion.

Heaven forbid some justified negativity on this forum.

I posted on it during the match thread. Not sure if I understand/agree with your other comments though.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
The defensive approach is a bit of a worry. Didn't realise it was such an issue away from home, was more thinking of the winnable home games (Millwall, Sheff Wed, Barnsley) where we appear to have slightly bottled it and played 1 up front. Conversely, we've quite clearly shown in other games this season that we are capable of absolutely dominating teams. A bit baffling that Oscar doesn't seem that confident in the team's attacking potential at times.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
From that camera angle it didn't look as blatant as it was viewed from where we stood. In some games the lino will indicate a foul was committed in the box (rightly or wrongly) but the numpty running the line to the left of us was too frightened to make a decision on his own.

It looked such an obvious pull back by the defender - just enough that Ulloa couldn't get a decent shot away. The referee didn't give him anything all day though; he probably would've ignored the lino if he'd flagged it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It looked such an obvious pull back by the defender - just enough that Ulloa couldn't get a decent shot away. The referee didn't give him anything all day though; he probably would've ignored the lino if he'd flagged it.

Broadly agree with this. Ulloa probably -- though not obviously -- deserved a penalty, and definitely got nothing out of that ref yesterday. Did think Keogh was excellent though, and even marginally better than Upson on the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here