Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here come de bedwetters.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So we can talk about the game but only in a positive light or get called a bed wetter(a very shit phrase) by everyone else, cool, glad we can have an opinion.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Run the gauntlet and see what happens :lol:
I have been for days, numerous people used that woeful expression. That was a dire performance today, Derby were there for the taking but Oscar had such a weak squad he can't do anything about it. Look at the quality of loan players today, we have Ward and Obika, they have Bamford and Wisdom.

tbh it seems there is a lack of ambition at the amex,other clubs are putting the money where there mouth is.

It's tricky, we do bring players in but we seem more reactive than our rivals. What with QPR not being as good as many thought they'd be this season, automatic promotion top 2 was a realisable target this season for us after all given what we've seen of the standard this season.

We've probably dropped too many points for that now - and less likley to match last season's 4th after losing to Derby today.

But we are still in it for the play-offs but the board now really need to get busy over the next couple of weeks to keep us there.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
tbh it seems there is a lack of ambition at the amex,other clubs are putting the money where there mouth is.

Agree, if we want to have a more realistic chance of the play-offs money needs to be spent. Another season in the championship beckons but not sure what we will have left out of the present team with quite a few lapsing contracts.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
People can have a moan if it is deserved. We dont have to put up with below average performances.

I am not having a moan but we are just another championship side and will stay that way until a big change occurs.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Mid table by the beginning on Feb....it'll be null points away to Burnley or Watford. Greer is a liability (but at least we have cover in that position!...oh)

Just off to change my sheets.....

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I have been for days, numerous people used that woeful expression. That was a dire performance today, Derby were there for the taking but Oscar had such a weak squad he can't do anything about it. Look at the quality of loan players today, we have Ward and Obika, they have Bamford and Wisdom.

I tend to feel the same way. Glass half full rather than any bedwetting. We made a very positive start to todays game but lacked the cutting edge to take full advantage. Yes they had more attacking options than us but Derby were average and our defence kept them at bay. Kuszchak couldn't do anything about their goal and otherwise did not have one proper save to make.

We are still badly hampered by injuries. Ulloa and Orlandi didn't look 100% fit, plus it would have been totally different if KLL, Buckley, Crofts and CMS had been available. Plus the elusive Mr. Bridcutt....ahem. I feel sorry for Oscar that he has never had a fully fit squad to pick from at any time since he arrived.

Ok Oscar doesn't have our optimum squad available but there were options on the bench so its a disappointment that he didn't make changes much earlier, once it was apparent 2nd half that Derby were in the ascendant and we were a) losing control in midfield and b) Ulloa needed more support.

The time for bedwetting might be if we play poorly at Port Vale, but not tonight when a makeshift Albion side has narrowly lost to a strong team above us in the play off positions.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And so is labelling anyone who say anything negative a bedwetter, all the OP deserves in response.

No, it is fair description for people who just moan. To be honest, you are one of the worst. Every thread I've seen this week you seem to be moaning about the club or players. We're 7th in the Championship for gods sake. We have 6 players out injured, which restricted our attacking options and with a bit of luck we'd have at least got a draw.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

If people think we were woeful today, then they weren't at the game. We at least matched Derby and on another day would definitely have got a draw. It didn't happen so we move on.

As for loan players, Obika has been here for 2 sub appearances so far (hardly a fair test) and Ward has been very good this season. Of all the players to apparently slag off, having a go at him is ridiculous.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If people think we were woeful today, then they weren't at the game. We at least matched Derby and on another day would definitely have got a draw. It didn't happen so we move on.

As for loan players, Obika has been here for 2 sub appearances so far (hardly a fair test) and Ward has been very good this season. Of all the players to apparently slag off, having a go at him is ridiculous.

Agreed. I didn't go, so difficult to comment, but Dowie never praises us and kept mentioning how good we were defensively.

It sounded as though we were the better team.

We have been unfortunate with injuries, but I am more concerned with the type of player we are allegedly after, as they don't feel like an improvement. I do wonder if David Burke and Mervyn Day are up to the job.

We need to invest some of the money we've received for Barnes.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We dont have to put up with below average performances.

Are you sure about that, which Albion have you been watching for the last 20 years!

It's not the criticism, it's the manner of it. The way people are banging on about stuff at the moment you'd think we'd just given every player a free transfer and are going to get relegated next week.

We're 7th in the table and just lost tight game by 1 goal to a team 4 places above us.
We're probably not going to go up this season, but anyone with more than two braincells knew that after all the upheaval at the start of the season.

The self policing nature of NSC means that if you don't take a chill pill and continue to behave like a teenage girl who throwing a hissy fit because she can't go on facebook, you'll get called a bedwetter, pantpisser, nappyfiller, Y-front soiler, slackbladder, softcock, nonuts ect ect

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I was at the game, and we were woeful. Derby were too which is the only thing obscuring a poor performance. Ward has been average defensively this season, solid but nothing spectacular. My issue is his lack of forward drive, he seems nervous to go beyond the half way line. Yesterday Ulloa played a delightful pass to him on the turf straight along the half way line, the full back was inside him with his back to goal, he should have taken it forward with his first touch and isolated the defender and launched an attack, did he? Of course not, he turned back inside and broke the play down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here