Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here come de bedwetters.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I don't particularly wish to dignify this pathetic and predictable thread title but I will.
Not 'bed wetting' (yawn!) but clearly we simply are not good enough to really make a challenge this season.
I really can't fault effort, not Oscar, nor anyone that left early, who booed, cheered or otherwise.
To me the penny finally dropped that despite their best efforts we simply do not have the individuals capable of the job required to get us out of this league upwards.
I do like the fact we try to play the game properly but we are probably 4 players short of playing some exciting stuff that will at least keep us awake for 90 minutes.

End of season it's time to replace Andrews, Ward, Greer, Lopez, Sicknote Buckley, PIG (yes, even him based on his distribution alone) and get some forward thinking players.

That's it. I'm oddly relaxed about this latest disappointment to be honest.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Post your depressing, knee jerk reactions here.

Why are they bed wetters ??? Just because their opinion differs from yours " oh wise old Oracle of The Albion !!! " :lolol:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Me too. Left when the second goal went in. Was amazed at how many people left. Was due to meet my Middlesbrough neighbours in the bar at the end, but just couldn't face it. Was amazed at how many people were walking out & queuing for trains. Was there anyone left in the ground at the end?
For those that were in the ground at the final whistle surely the players didn't get clapped off did they?

I for one stayed till the end - along with 3,000 odd people(ish) dotted around the North/West/South - along with a few stewards. After the full time whistle there was 'abit' of booing, but no clapping was heard from where I was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't particularly wish to dignify this pathetic and predictable thread title but I will.
Not 'bed wetting' (yawn!) but clearly we simply are not good enough to really make a challenge this season.
I really can't fault effort, not Oscar, nor anyone that left early, who booed, cheered or otherwise.
To me the penny finally dropped that despite their best efforts we simply do not have the individuals capable of the job required to get us out of this league upwards.
I do like the fact we try to play the game properly but we are probably 4 players short of playing some exciting stuff that will at least keep us awake for 90 minutes.

End of season it's time to replace Andrews, Ward, Greer, Lopez, Sicknote Buckley, PIG (yes, even him based on his distribution alone) and get some forward thinking players.

That's it. I'm oddly relaxed about this latest disappointment to be honest.

I feel much the same, good post imo

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Rubish, our most solid player got subbed to bring on someone half his size as twice as ineffectual.

Whats the point of going to watch if they don't look as though they want to win.

(kneejerk enough for you? Although I'll still probably feel this way until our next game)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Me too. Left when the second goal went in. Was amazed at how many people left. Was due to meet my Middlesbrough neighbours in the bar at the end, but just couldn't face it. Was amazed at how many people were walking out & queuing for trains. Was there anyone left in the ground at the end?
For those that were in the ground at the final whistle surely the players didn't get clapped off did they?

The players were clapped off by some (me included) but there were a smattering of boos to the left of the North as they came round.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
The players were clapped off by some (me included) but there were a smattering of boos to the left of the North as they came round.

There was a shedload of boo's from West Stand, I was still maniacally laughing at Ulloa's missed pen to pay too much attention.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There was a shedload of boo's from West Stand, I was still maniacally laughing at Ulloa's missed pen to pay too much attention.

I'm struggling to think of a worse penalty, I couldn't help but be reminded of Chris Waddle in Ulloa's demeanour and actual shot.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I'm struggling to think of a worse penalty, I couldn't help but be reminded of Chris Waddle in Ulloa's demeanour and actual shot.

At least Waddle put his foot through it properly! Ulloa looked as though his brain thought chipping it down the middle may be a good idea but his foot thought 'sod it' and tried to clear the stand. The result was what we saw :) I was not and am not too frustrated about it though as it looked like a very generous decision anyway.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

The players did the clapping, although they stayed near the East Stand for a while kicking their heels until the West Stand emptied even more, think they were scared/guilty/embarrassed (multiple choice).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here