Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, why do Brighton fans hate Crystal Palace?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I am neither media, nor juvenile.....I hate them.....with a passion, if they went out of business tomorrow, I would rejoice in that.......its that straightforward for me.

....but I don't let it run my life....only in a football context...

You've just summed up my feelings perfectly.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
One thing I hate almost as much as Palace is BHA fans who try to diminish the rivalry. You don't have to hate them if you lack the courage to take the sting when they beat us, but don't call it a myth, I've got scars to prove it's real.
It might make no sense, but what aspect of being a Brighton fan does?

Well said. I might not be able to logically explain why I hate them but I do and it's real. So there.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'd rather be 6th in the league & have Palarse as rivals than 2nd & live in shit hole like Barnsley/Burnley, all the same to me! Very childish, but that seems to be vibe of this thread! Anyone seen my dummy? :)

And vice versa?

If the word 'hate' is too strong a word to use please swap it for a word that is a little less strong.

I remember not too long ago that Plymouth had a bit of a thing for us because we relegated them and beat them in the play offs once. It was quite strange actually.

I'm here for a history lesson really, you lovely people of the Seagull persuasion.

Are you serious?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They were the closest league team to us for almost 100 years. Everyone hates their neighbours, it's the law.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
I don't hate them, just feel soory for them as you would homeless people sleeping on the street in cardboard boxes pretending they lived in mansions

Just like we felt sorry for you when you was actually homeless & living in cardboard boxes in Gillingham and Withdean.

The Cinderella story finished on a happy note when you got your mansion & I don't care what other Palace fans say, I like your mansion & get twinges of jealousy that we still have our rundown council flat no matter how much at home I feel there.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From my point of view when i was 14/15 and getting intrested in the other side of football brighton was THE game . We always seemed to play you then ( before you turned shit ) and after the mullery incident it just intensifed . It always got lively down the goldstone and i nearly got caught out outside a pub in sth norwood when the weed came early :eek: , it was fun at the time but as you get older it seemed daft . I can recall the time when we played you again ( the 5-0 game ) and the buzz i felt that day was something you dont get in any game but ours , but hate is too strong a word i feel , i dislike you alot and nothing gives me greater pleasure than beating you lot and if you lose i love it . I knew the fairy would be over this like a rash , then again he hasnt grown out of it yet :whistle:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just like we felt sorry for you when you was actually homeless & living in cardboard boxes in Gillingham and Withdean.

The Cinderella story finished on a happy note when you got your mansion & I don't care what other Palace fans say, I like your mansion & get twinges of jealousy that we still have our rundown council flat no matter how much at home I feel there.
That's alright Del Boy...one day you'll be millionaires...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yours is the first result I look for, even during your wilderness years.
From the late 70's onwards, the games between us have always had an edge to it, on and off the pitch. In saying that,the hatred has mainly been from your side, if that's due to us being in a higher league for the majority of the time, or us tending to get the results against you when it matters, I don't know.
The 5-0 game is a classic example, you were getting all excited about playing us,and came up in your 1000's. Cue total humiliation at our shithole.
As much as you have a great stadium and training facilities, deep down you know we ALWAYS have the upper hand on the pitch.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yours is the first result I look for, even during your wilderness years.
From the late 70's onwards, the games between us have always had an edge to it, on and off the pitch. In saying that,the hatred has mainly been from your side, if that's due to us being in a higher league for the majority of the time, or us tending to get the results against you when it matters, I don't know.
The 5-0 game is a classic example, you were getting all excited about playing us,and came up in your 1000's. Cue total humiliation at our shithole.
As much as you have a great stadium and training facilities, deep down you know we ALWAYS have the upper hand on the pitch.

We will see in 5 years time, I think things will change.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In saying that,the hatred has mainly been from your side.

No. Whenever there were polls on the BBS on which was the most hated club. Brighton always came top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here